WWW WTF SF: Federer - Murray - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW?

Federer in 2 22 14.86%
Federer in 3 36 24.32%
Murray in 2 58 39.19%
Murray in 3 32 21.62%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #76
country flag Evitman

Evitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond reputeEvitman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW WTF SF: Federer - Murray

It's all in Fed's racket. But the chance Clutcherer showing up is slim, I would say.
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #77
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xargon View Post
Fed tanked to get his friend in.
If that's the case, it serves Ferru right for not taking that first set against Roger. Had David won that set, he would have qualified.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:59 PM   #78
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
Federer is old, and he's looking it at the moment, in fact has done the last two months. Just seems he's got less game than Murray right now, although Murray's not playing at his best either.
Murray plays very well imo, and considering their great match in the RR stage, Djoko and Murray deserve the final as McLagan said.

Fed doesn't play that bad, it's not so much that he's old but he's tired, he didn't play better in the end of 2009 and he was 3 years younger.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #79
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Murray in 3.

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #80
country flag Vesta

Vesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond reputeVesta has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Federer maybe faking, his form is bad but not bad as he showed. He know how to deceive his opponent, so I do not belive that he will lose this time. He still can win in 3.
But yellow outfit maybe can help Murray somehow. Actualy he looks like banana and that is so funny

Go Nole!
Old 11-11-2012, 12:10 AM   #81
country flag Pipsy

Pipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond reputePipsy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm actually surprised that most people think Murray will win. For me, Federer is the favourite in this one. I think it's difficult to read too much into Fed's match vs del Potro. He already knew he had qualified. It's also difficult to read too much into their last 2 matches because of the change of conditions. If there's any tournament where the surface/arena benefit Federer, it's this one. Murray can win but I think he has to win the first set and get the crowd fully behind him.

For the record, I want to see a Murray-Djokovic final.

Born to be the fourth best player in the world!

Statistics I maintain on MTF
Bagels Hall of Fame and Hall of Shame (Not up-to-date)
Cumulative Weeks in Top 10 (Updated 20/10/2014)
Grand Slam Wooden Spoon Winners
Pipsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:26 AM   #82
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipsy View Post
I'm actually surprised that most people think Murray will win. For me, Federer is the favourite in this one. I think it's difficult to read too much into Fed's match vs del Potro. He already knew he had qualified. It's also difficult to read too much into their last 2 matches because of the change of conditions. If there's any tournament where the surface/arena benefit Federer, it's this one. Murray can win but I think he has to win the first set and get the crowd fully behind him.

For the record, I want to see a Murray-Djokovic final.
Lol, so let's disregard how both have played in the last 6 months and just go on a limb. Fed has been dire since Cincy really.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:29 AM   #83
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Lol, so let's disregard how both have played in the last 6 months and just go on a limb. Fed has been dire since Cincy really.
Pretty much, indeed.
I'm not complaining, he's already managed to exceed my expectations for this year about a 100X fold, so if Muzza trashes him tomorrow, well I'll be perfectly okay with that.
I will not succumb to the attraction of just being a mite TOO greedy, as a fan.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #84
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

In theory this should be a routine win for Murray. In reality, it may turn out to be yet another tight match. Let's just hope he doesn't choke match points away.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:49 AM   #85
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
Fed would stand better chance if he had to face Nole. Most of post peak jesus delivering appearances were against Nole, on the other side against Murray he played some worst matches
Well, he's played some real stinkers against Nole as well. In fact quite a few at the AO, and most recently at the FO this year where he was manhandled with ease. Now it's arguable if Murray employs some of Nadal's strategy more often than Nole, and whether that tendency to employ them, troubles Federer more than Nole's approach of playing all out aggressive tennis. Thanks for reminding me of how much Nadal has owned Federer over the years just by playing more patient and smarter tennis!

Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal certainly win Roger?

Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)

Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #86
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Well, he's played some real stinkers against Nole as well. In fact quite a few at the AO, and most recently at the FO this year where he was manhandled with ease. Now it's arguable if Murray employs some of Nadal's strategy more often than Nole, and whether that tendency to employ them, troubles Federer more than Nole's approach of playing all out aggressive tennis. Thanks for reminding me of how much Nadal has owned Federer over the years just by playing more patient and smarter tennis!
Did you just call Nadull's tennis intelligent . Still, this would be expected of someone of your level.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #87
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Murray seems a worse match up for Roger than Nole. His Defensive return blunts Federer's serve well, his second serve return has improved over the past year or two. Backhand to backhand is one sided but Murray can also employ a variety of spin and slice in long ralleys. Federer at the net in the Olympic final for example was terrible - in part due to his own bad form, but also in cases that ways in which Murray lured him to that part of the court. Finally Murray is obviously better physically and on these sloth courts that helps. Add in a day in which Murray hits 70% first serves and you can see why federer today struggles to beat the Dumblane Dynamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #88
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Murray in 2 or in 3. Federer isn't winning though, that's for sure
  • Nadull = only exists to undermine Greatness
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #89
country flag Fedal_Fedal
Banned!

Fedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond reputeFedal_Fedal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanya View Post
If you are realistic, you know - the most probable scenario is Andy in 2. Though noone ever beated GOAT at WTF in straights, he always either won or pushed opponent to the limits.
Simon is a pusher, Murray is boring, or at I think so, others like him and that's just fine, but he is not a pusher, even if he sometimes plays too defensively when he shouldn't. Murray in 3 long, defensive sets. Roger will bring the entertainment, but Murray's defense will eventually prevail with Roger in is his current form. I hope I am wrong though.
Fedal_Fedal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:29 AM   #90
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Murray is entertaining when in top form (see vs Gadquet at the French etc) for if his oppenent draws it out of him (often Tsonga can do that, but not Djoker or Nadal). Federer v Murray matches are often hit and miss. The only competiive one in the past year or so was Wimby final iirc, that was pretty good to be fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote