WWW WTF SF: Federer - Murray

13K views 166 replies 93 participants last post by  Slasher1985 
#1 ·
So as I said earlier, Federer in 2.

#2 ·
Easy as cake, 6-2, 6-4 for Murray

#18 ·
So what if I will be proved wrong?

I am very worried about this match, I'm not gonna lie. Would have preferred Djokovic here. But still, I'm always optimistic about Roger, and fortunately he very often proves me right. If you think clowns like Certinfy who enjoy gloating about my wrong predictions will make me stop, think again. Being wrong about a prediction is absolutely the last thing I would ever be ashamed about. There are some other fans (ones of Federer included) who doubt him every time like you, and I personally just don't see the point. How many times do you think I've seen LinkMage or any other douche say crap like "Oh here is another BP for Fed to waste? Pathetic.

#85 ·
Well, he's played some real stinkers against Nole as well. In fact quite a few at the AO, and most recently at the FO this year where he was manhandled with ease. Now it's arguable if Murray employs some of Nadal's strategy more often than Nole, and whether that tendency to employ them, troubles Federer more than Nole's approach of playing all out aggressive tennis. Thanks for reminding me of how much Nadal has owned Federer over the years just by playing more patient and smarter tennis!

#21 ·
If you are realistic, you know - the most probable scenario is Andy in 2. Though noone ever beated GOAT at WTF in straights, he always either won or pushed opponent to the limits. He won`t go as much to the net tomorrow as he did today, but another problem - Andy will return all his 1st serves using simple block deep. :sad: Still hope it will be Rogie to rise in the final. I`m sure that if he goes past Murray he will win the trophy.

#89 ·
If you are realistic, you know - the most probable scenario is Andy in 2. Though noone ever beated GOAT at WTF in straights, he always either won or pushed opponent to the limits.
Simon is a pusher, Murray is boring, or at I think so, others like him and that's just fine, :angel: but he is not a pusher, even if he sometimes plays too defensively when he shouldn't. ;) Murray in 3 long, defensive sets. Roger will bring the entertainment, but Murray's defense will eventually prevail with Roger in is his current form. I hope I am wrong though. :sad:

#25 ·
Given current form, I fear Murray in straights.

Fed needs to serve really well to have a chance, but I see a Nolandy final here.

#26 ·
Murray to win in 2 sets and if not too exhausting now feel he has an excellent chance of adding to his US Open and Olympic wins this year.

He is improving each match.

#28 ·
Murray will win, it will be close but either Murray in 3 or very close 2 sets. Roger is making to many errors and his form really isn´t so good. I mean Murray is just to solid guy from baseline with supreme deffense skills, you can´t make stupid erros, Roger sometimes looked out there like he is playing baseball with some of his OUTS. Murray knows how to play vs Roger at best of 3. Roger serving well is not key here, it is neccesary for Roger to even have a chance, but Murray is guy who will give you back many 1st serves and really from the ground Roger is not looking good. So Murray 7-5,6-4 is my pick.

#39 ·
Bingo. Fed ran out of fuel after Cincy. He got beat by Berdych easily, and then he got beat by Del Po in his home town. His Olympics final was shit. Murray is no longer slightly afraid of Roger. This is going to be a beat down, 6-2, 6-4, or even worse

#38 ·
If Murray had beaten Nole I'd have a different level of confidence.

Also, a lot of these in this thread Murray haters who are jinxing and or Fed haters engaging in wishful thinking.

#34 ·
Federer should win this. He's the better player and in single matches he can rise his A game, especially when he really wants to.

Now he does.

Would be interesting if he meets Pony in the final, but i'm afraid there is no way in the World this happens

#35 ·
With the way Fed has been playing, I have to say Murray in 2. But Murray himself hasn't exactly been sharp in his 3 matches so far. Federer also playing consecutive days while Murray has rested, but you can still never count him out. I know he wasn't 100% focused today, but he was so, so bad.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.