MTF suggestions to reform the ATP and tennis in general - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Choose!

Blue Clay 0 0%
Wood 0 0%
Ice 0 0%
Gold 0 0%
Some Metal based surface 0 0%
Carpet 1 20.00%
Water 1 20.00%
No Surface - players hover 2 40.00%
Glass 1 20.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2006, 04:59 PM   #91
country flag madmanfool

madmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond reputemadmanfool has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr Disney De Villiers welcomes MTF suggestions to reform the ATP

new rule: beer tennis

you have to drink a beer ad fundum(=all at once) after every game you win. Grand slams count double
If you try to get the other drunk by tanking a set, the crowd can decide if they want to give you a full round of 5 or 10 beers.
French people are allowed to drink wine and Russian wodka.
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #92
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanfool View Post
new rule: beer tennis

you have to drink a beer ad fundum(=all at once) after every game you win. Grand slams count double
If you try to get the other drunk by tanking a set, the crowd can decide if they want to give you a full round of 5 or 10 beers.
French people are allowed to drink wine and Russian wodka.
That's a very interesting suggestion. Although in my opinion, only drinks of the same alcohol content should be allowed, to keep it fair. The player who wins the coin toss will decide the type of drink.

This idea gives a whole new dimension to tennis, including endorsement deals, off-season training practices etc...

It also gives a whole new meaning to 5-set matches. And in the end, no matter who wins, both players will be happily singing and laughing together, who knows, even treat the spectators to a strip-tease dance...

I nominate madmanfool for ATP president.
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #93
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

how will they do in France? you can't advertise for alcohol on tv here
Old 12-12-2006, 06:44 PM   #94
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

*The Anti-Dave Law: Balls should have the same colour as the court.
*Only players with Six packs are allowed to take of their shirts.
*Bring a Dressing table plus mirror and Make-Up on cort each time Feli plays.
*To ruin Dave's career, bring a buffet for the losers on the court
*Federer plays with Wooden racket.
*Monfils should be allowed to bring his Laptop with Internet access on the court.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:23 PM   #95
country flag Pfloyd

Pfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond reputePfloyd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Not surprising you'd come up with a statement like this and there are more than enough reasons as to why Disney is a problem and not an asset to the ATP.

If you like cheap gimmicks then be my guest.
You'r criticizing the Round-robin tournaments without even giving them a chance. Please, we are not prophets.

I have no opinion whatsoever on "Mr Disney" - and he may suck - but I cannot know with certainty that his ideas will fail completly.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:57 PM   #96
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria View Post
You'r criticizing the Round-robin tournaments without even giving them a chance. Please, we are not prophets.

I have no opinion whatsoever on "Mr Disney" - and he may suck - but I cannot know with certainty that his ideas will fail completly.
I see what you mean and I respect him for the sole reason that at least he has the balls to try to make changes. It's easy to sit back and criticize someone's decisions and it's a hell of a lot harder to go into a situation where there's a problem and try to fix it - there are bound to be mistakes that are made and not all of the decisions are going to be perfect; we are all just humans after all. But at the end of the day, at least he is trying and I respect that.

But with that said, I still think that the round robin one is particularly misguided for the reasons that so many of us have discussed on here ad nauseum. Some of the other changes that are less extreme like sunday starts and all best of 3 finals in ATP events, I think those changes can potentially help even if they are unpopular to some. But the round robin for regular tournaments is not tennis for me and I think it will only create more problems, not fewer.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:46 PM   #97
country flag adee-gee
_._._._._._

adee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond reputeadee-gee has a reputation beyond repute

- Expand the dimensions of a tennis court to the size of a soccer pitch
adee-gee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 12:56 AM   #98
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Another one: the player that gets a BH winner from Lalo is automatically disqualified from the tournament. If the BH is DTL, he's also disqualified from next week's tournament.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 01:01 AM   #99
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafuria View Post

I have more than enough reason to criticise Round Robin events and the thing is I still don't have respect for Mr Disney at all cause he is making cosmetic changes and gimmicks without thinking it through properly.

If he just wants to cater to the top 10, then he should take a big circus tent and travel the world in it and stuff the rest.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-13-2006, 01:04 AM   #100
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

They should play in circus tents.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-13-2006, 02:07 AM   #101
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

exactly...put the courts in circus tents

and if we are already trying to make every round robin tournament a federer vs. nadal final, we might as well save the other players the trip and only have one match each week
Old 12-13-2006, 02:32 AM   #102
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Anyone who gets beaten by a clean winner by Karlovic from the baseline.

They have to be shot out of a cannon into shark infested waters.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 12-13-2006, 02:33 AM   #103
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler View Post
Anyone who gets beaten by a clean winner by Karlovic from the baseline.

They have to be shot out of a cannon into shark infested waters.
Add that for players taking a dropshot from Ferrer on clay.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:03 AM   #104
country flag LaTenista

LaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond reputeLaTenista has a reputation beyond repute

Resign immediately.
Titles: 2005 - PAW Washington 2006 - PTS Marseille, TT Miami Doubles(w/coreyschucky), TT Tokyo Singles 2007 - TT Hamburg Doubles(w/SarettaFan) 2008 - TT Indianapolis Singles Finalist: 2005 - PAW Montreal & Bucharest 2006 - TT Acapulco Singles & Doubles(w/Iza), TT Houston Doubles(w/robrulz5), PTS Monte Carlo, TT Barcelona Doubles(w/Peta Pan), TT Newport Doubles(w/adee-gee), PAW Umag 2007 - TT Queen's Singles & Doubles(w/SarettaFan), TT Champaign Doubles(w/TommyB.) 2008 - TT Auckland Doubles(w/invu2day), TT Recanati Singles, TT Newport Doubles(w/sploush), TT Indianapolis Doubles(w/sploush)
Nadal Moyá Ferrer Verdasco Puerta Cañas Andreev Safin
Roddick Blake Salzenstein Delic DeHeart
Montcourt Gasquet Mathieu Serra Simon Santoro
LaTenista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 04:40 AM   #105
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Commentators should be ordered to refer to all Russian players as evil communists. The masses will clamour to watch good do battle with evil and ratings will go through the roof. It'll be Rocky IV on a tennis court every week. People will be too engrossed in the action to bother checking if Russia has indeed reverted to communism.
Henry Chinaski is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote