MTF suggestions to reform the ATP and tennis in general - Page 38 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Choose!

Blue Clay 0 0%
Wood 0 0%
Ice 0 0%
Gold 0 0%
Some Metal based surface 0 0%
Carpet 1 20.00%
Water 1 20.00%
No Surface - players hover 2 40.00%
Glass 1 20.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #556
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF suggestions to reform the ATP and tennis in general

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
They need to come back to 16 seeds and best of five sets in master series events finals.
They increased the 32 seedings because of the players better on clay were disrespected at Wimbledon. I think it would be great if it came back.

Agreed to best of 5 set finals at TMS, but that won't happen. It came down to money issues as per usual.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 07:25 AM   #557
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Should courts become .. larger?

Well, players are fitter and moving well. Let's increase the size of the courts to compensate the loss of angles.

Why not?

Old 05-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #558
country flag duchuy89

duchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond reputeduchuy89 has a reputation beyond repute

I chrees ATP.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #559
country flag stewietennis

stewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond reputestewietennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default All matches are now one set

All matches are now one set (no tie breakers) and the majors are condensed to one week.

Will we see a noticeable change in the rankings? Does the sport receive more coverage because matches finish faster? Do the H2H between the top players even out?
stewietennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:15 AM   #560
country flag 2003

2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hypothetical mini games that could replace the tiebreaker for six all sets

I know the old saying goes if it isnt broke dont fix it, however something about the tiebreak system seems like a lottery..much like footballs penatly shootout and the debate over it.

Is there a better mini game that could decide a set of tennis?

What about playing 5th sets out vs 5th set tiebreakers.

What other mini games could there be?

Id love to see a serve/ace based game. The baselines and grinders have too much of a general advantage in todays game I feel, with the surfaces and racket technology. I know tiebreaks favour big servers, but not enough. Lets give the serve bots a genuine chance to win hardcourt slams for a change.

What about just straight out playing the sets out?

How about some kind of volley based game?

Its hard to think of how to impliment the games into a structured miniture sport, but be creative, see what we could come up with.

- Rafael Nadal, ever so "humble", - press conference after shock 4 set loss to Robeen Soderling @ 2009 French Open 4th round.

Proud member of the Anti Dull Alliance
2003 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:21 AM   #561
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

A game of manhunt around the All England Club gardens.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:35 AM   #562
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Give every member of the public 2 cards one with an image of tomato and the other with an image of cucumber like in the food show Ready Steady Cook.

Each image represents a different player. Once the score is 6 all, the crowd is asked to raise a card representing a player they want to win the set. Whoever gets more votes wins

I feel this system is fair and gives the crowd an opportunity to participate in a match, which is great.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #563
country flag Paylu2007

Paylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond reputePaylu2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Give every member of the public 2 cards one with an image of tomato and the other with an image of cucumber like in the food show Ready Steady Cook.

Each image represents a different player. Once the score is 6 all, the crowd is asked to raise a card representing a player they want to win the set. Whoever gets more votes wins

I feel this system is fair and gives the crowd an opportunity to participate in a match, which is great.
I must be really drunk, cuz u made me laugh
Paylu2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:18 PM   #564
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Since the instant gratification generation have a short attention span.

Best of 1 set first to 21 points, each player has 5 serves. As soon as the player loses this has to be played when they leave the court.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 PM   #565
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post

No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #566
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute
Default post your ideas to spice up the tour

with the current top 4 dominating everything and leaving only breadcrumbs, I am bored. Since I do not like being bored (and I imagine I am not alone in this) I will suggest one thing we can change:

Get rid of the seeding system
Seriously, why does this even exist? It's like giving tax cuts to the filthy rich. If you are a good player, you will get far in tournaments anyways. An unseeded players way to the title will always be harder than a seeded players way.

I suggest we do this completely at random from now on. So what if we occasionally have a Nole-Rafa R1 at Roland Garros or a Fed-Murray R2 at Wimbledon. Equal chances for everyone!

So guys/gals go nuts, what are your ideas ?(or bash on mine ofc :P)
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #567
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: post your ideas to spice up the tour

Your idea is terrible. Have Rafa-Fed-Murray-Nole in one bracket at a slam, and the rest of the rounds you're watching one of those four (well, probably three since Murray won't get out of there ever) slaughter mugs.

My idea? Get rid of hardcourts, grass and indoor hardcourts.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:13 PM   #568
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Your idea is terrible. Have Rafa-Fed-Murray-Nole in one bracket at a slam, and the rest of the rounds you're watching one of those four (well, probably three since Murray won't get out of there ever) slaughter mugs.

random is random at least you won't be able to predict the semi's from the onset.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #569
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post

My idea: all tennis indoors so we don't have to bother with postponed matches or finals at monday/tuesday.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #570
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Get rid of tennis and play four-square instead. Monfils would own at it.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote