MTF suggestions to reform the ATP and tennis in general - Page 35 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Choose!

Blue Clay 0 0%
Wood 0 0%
Ice 0 0%
Gold 0 0%
Some Metal based surface 0 0%
Carpet 1 20.00%
Water 1 20.00%
No Surface - players hover 2 40.00%
Glass 1 20.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #511
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Tour Finals in a different form altogether - A Proposal to ATP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
clay we have enough of, but grass, the sport is called LAWN tennis for a reason, use it for gods sake.
agree, we need more grass tournaments
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #512
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Tour Finals in a different form altogether - A Proposal to ATP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
1. players will have to switch to wooden rackets for a change and of course lighter balls to go with that.....

2. we will also change the surface to fast outdoor clay court like green clay.....
Nr1: Would turn it into a farce. Might as well say every right-handed player has to play left-handed and vice-versa

Nr2: Why? It's in november after the indoor season. Players are playing indoors and tbh there aren't many big prestigous indoor tournaments. Players are used to the surface and that increases quality of play. It would look like a mockery if players went from Paris M1000 to play some kind of shitty outdoor clay

Seems to me you just want to turn WTF into a lame exhibition. Already a dozen of lame exhibtions over the year.

I say do the exact opposite. Make it more serious. It's the playoffs of the regular season. Increase the field to 16 players or even 32 players. All matches go over 5-sets. Skip the round-robin. Make a special draw where top8 decide their spot in the draw (in order) after players 9-32 are randomly placed. Tune down on all the lame interviews and marketing gimmicks and amp up the competition, the prize money and the ranking points.

Winner: 3000 ranking points, runner up 2000, semi-finalists 1200 etc

More valuable than a slam. Prize money should also be insanely high. Won't be hard with such a small field and the right sponsors to have crazy prize money. Then you'd have a tournament everyone would care about!
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #513
country flag Jimnik

Jimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond reputeJimnik has a reputation beyond repute

Here's my proposal:

Fans should come naked.
Jimnik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 PM   #514
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimnik View Post
Here's my proposal:

Fans should come naked.
so thats what they'll so at Wimbledon if Murray plays Isner...haha good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #515
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahaha.* Great stuff from the real ACC champ.

My vote would be option d: no, because this idea is vintage x 1000.

Quote:
a completely different topic just to break the routine and refresh.....i have a new idea for ATP if they want to listen......
*idiotic

And the ATP won't want to listen.

Quote:
we all know that world tour finals has been losing its charm over the last decade or so.....too much of hardcourt activity and repetitive heavy groundstrokes event after event gets too boring by the time of WTF.....so i have thought out a change to make it exciting at the end of the season.....
Who the hell is we? MTF knows you don't like the WTF because your god don't do well at that event, but that is not what normal people call a commonly shared opinion.

Quote:
1. players will have to switch to wooden rackets for a change and of course lighter balls to go with that.....

2. we will also change the surface to fast outdoor clay court like green clay.....
Point #1 is retarded.

Point #2 is fanboyism. Just like Nadal who wants a 2 year ranking system because it would be only in his advantage, you want this surface change only because it would heavily favor your god.

Quote:
all that makes it interesting with every top 8 player trying their best to make the necessary shift and employing different tactics, game styles out of confusion and chaos.....matches will be more entertaining and it will be a good break from the routine.....

how many are with me?
So far, no one, but wait for the Castlers to show up soon and support this silly idea. Because it is a retarded idea. Switch racquets for one event, reducing the quality of each and every point.

What a glorious event that would be! Every match sucks!

(but it's OK if Nadal wins it )

Quote:
we are only assuming things......throwing the rackets to them and putting them in the field could prove a different story......it's an interesting change as far as i am concerned......people like change, why not make it interesting with that change?
Who is we? It is a retarded change for everyone with a functioning brain.

Quote:
who knows people might eagerly wait for world tour finals if played with wooden rackets......it also brings back 70s and 80s followers to the sport and increases ratings......
Yeah... Shitty matches by star players. People would love to see in the 5th most important and final tournament of the year, the one that is the most difficult event to qualify for, the one with the top of the crop.

Quote:
it needs a bit of attention because it is fast losing grip on tennis followers......
*Nadaltards

Quote:
this is why i don't like coming here......new ideas are never welcomed and instead of focusing on the subject, they are more intent on focusing on who brought the subject to the table for discussion.....
The vast majority of posters like it when you post here. It is always hilarious. They don't like you, they don't like your opinions, but your posts are always full of unintentional lulz. A true sign of an AC extraordinaire.

Last edited by BigJohn : 04-12-2012 at 10:04 PM.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #516
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Well since this thread is going no where i'll share what I would love in a fantasy world.

Venue: O2 Arena
Duration: 1 week
Court: Fast hard court
Proposal: Top 16 of the year play a knockout tournament which draws are made round by round and picked at random with no seeding.

Day 1: Afternoon: 2 R16, Evening: 2 R16
Day 2: Afternoon: 2 R16, Evening: 2 R16
Day 3: Afternoon: QF, Evening: QF
Day 4: Afternoon: QF, Evening: QF
Day 5: Afternoon: Semi, Evening: Semi
Day 6: Day off
Day 7: Final

Or something like that, yes I'm bored.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #517
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't a proposal, this is just an awful idea.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 12:16 AM   #518
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Hack.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #519
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Hahahaha.* Great stuff from the real ACC champ.

My vote would be option d: no, because this idea is vintage x 1000.

*idiotic

And the ATP won't want to listen.

Who the hell is we? MTF knows you don't like the WTF because your god don't do well at that event, but that is not what normal people call a commonly shared opinion.

Point #1 is retarded.

Point #2 is fanboyism. Just like Nadal who wants a 2 year ranking system because it would be only in his advantage, you want this surface change only because it would heavily favor your god.

So far, no one, but wait for the Castlers to show up soon and support this silly idea. Because it is a retarded idea. Switch racquets for one event, reducing the quality of each and every point.

What a glorious event that would be! Every match sucks!

(but it's OK if Nadal wins it )

Who is we? It is a retarded change for everyone with a functioning brain.

Yeah... Shitty matches by star players. People would love to see in the 5th most important and final tournament of the year, the one that is the most difficult event to qualify for, the one with the top of the crop.

*Nadaltards

The vast majority of posters like it when you post here. It is always hilarious. They don't like you, they don't like your opinions, but your posts are always full of unintentional lulz. A true sign of an AC extraordinaire.
amen to that.

On topic, I would like it if they expanded the tournament to 16 or even 32 players and get rid of the RR crap
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:52 AM   #520
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF suggestions to reform the ATP and tennis in general

Quote:
a completely different topic just to break the routine and refresh.....i have a new idea for ATP if they want to listen......

we all know that world tour finals has been losing its charm over the last decade or so.....too much of hardcourt activity and repetitive heavy groundstrokes event after event gets too boring by the time of WTF.....so i have thought out a change to make it exciting at the end of the season.....

all that makes it interesting with every top 8 player trying their best to make the necessary shift and employing different tactics, game styles out of confusion and chaos.....matches will be more entertaining and it will be a good break from the routine.....

how many are with me?
There's a difference between entertainment and pure farce. Also, I'm pretty sure the WTF has been selling pretty well at least in the last two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
I've got a suggestion. Why not play a table tennis tournament at the end of the year instead? I've always wondered how competitive tennis players would be in this, and it wouldn't be anywhere near as tiring as the current setup. Plus, players like Nadal or Federer already have some prior match experience.
Seconded.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #521
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

action jackson can you read? the thread is about restructuring world tour finals, not the entire ATP and tennis in general......

when snowwy, scoobs, carlita, andreas, raging lamb and others had no problem ,what is your problem exactly with this thread? stop showing your bitterness and de-merge the thread.....now......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #522
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
This thread would be funny if not for the fact that OP is dead serious. He's beyond help.

That SdG is allowed to post freely but quality posters like leng jai get banned says something about this disgusting forum.

"... you must spread around yada yada yada..."

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #523
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
action jackson can you read? the thread is about restructuring world tour finals, not the entire ATP and tennis in general......

when snowwy, scoobs, carlita, andreas, raging lamb and others had no problem ,what is your problem exactly with this thread? stop showing your bitterness and de-merge the thread.....now......
Hahahaha. WTF = tennis tournament = falls under general set labelled 'tennis in general'.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #524
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Hahahaha. WTF = tennis tournament = falls under general set labelled 'tennis in general'.
do you know what reformation of atp means, strippy? it is not just about world toast finals......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #525
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

* Make the Big 3 play with a wooden racquet.
* 2 WTF's - played off with the Mugs of the Months, and the Bandwagoners of the Month.