MTF suggestions to reform the ATP and tennis in general - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Choose!

Blue Clay 0 0%
Wood 0 0%
Ice 0 0%
Gold 0 0%
Some Metal based surface 0 0%
Carpet 1 20.00%
Water 1 20.00%
No Surface - players hover 2 40.00%
Glass 1 20.00%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2007, 01:27 PM   #196
country flag Mateya
Mateja Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr Disney welcomes MTF suggestions to reform ATP,

Still waiting for a 64 player field in some challengers, possibly with a challenger grand slam on the end of the season. Prize money: 9990$
:retard:

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
Petra Quitova
Stan the Slam?
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2007, 02:38 PM   #197
country flag Beforehand

Beforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond reputeBeforehand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr Disney welcomes MTF suggestions to reform ATP, honouring WTF instead of the TM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrosjeantheGreat View Post
Gunter Parche to be let loose with a knife at ze change of endz. Playerz need to avoid being stabbed until ze umpire callz time.

This really should not have been as funny as it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frooty_Bazooty View Post
US Open - Glue. Players must stand there for 3 hours. In the case of a tiebreak, the players must make macaroni pictures of their favourite animal and show them to their moms. Whoevers mom is happier, wins the tiebreak.

Too big.
Beforehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:03 AM   #198
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mr Disney welcomes MTF suggestions to reform ATP, honouring WTF instead of the TM

I know it's the wrong thread but...

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2007news/atp_uni.asp

Quote:
Many of tennis' brightest young stars are going back to school this week at the ATP University, being held this year at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida. Gael Monfils, Benjamin Becker, Evgeny Korolev, Sam Querrey and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga are among 35 players attending.

Administered by the ATP's Player Relations department, the ATP University features classroom presentations made by ATP staff members and outside experts specializing in the fields of communications, finance, and medicine. The three-day workshop being held November 27-30, 2007 includes presentations, which are translated into Spanish and English, on the following areas:

- History and the creation of the ATP
- Organizational structure and goals of the ATP
- Rules and officiating
- Tennis anti-doping program
- Anti-corruption
- Player Relations & Medical Services programs
- Personal finance
- Communication and media skills training

And yes, there is still time after class for players to get their thrills at the Magic Kingdom.

A fundamental concept of the ATP is that the players have an integral role in the direction, image and destiny of the men's game. In 1990 the ATP Player Council recognized that for the long-term growth of the game, it was essential to educate young players as they came onto the circuit. The ATP University is designed to make players more responsible tennis professionals.

Recognizing the long-term benefit to the players, the ATP and to the game, the ATP is firmly committed to the University program. All Division 1 ATP player members must pass through the University.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:37 AM   #199
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frooty_Bazooty View Post
new grand slam court surfaces-:

Australian Open - Water. The players must swim around the court as fast as possible, attempting to hit the ball before it gets wet. In the final set, sharks will be introduced into the court/pool to make the set more interesting.

French Open - In a cave. The players must play in a cave with no light, umpires or spectators.

Wimbledon - Ice. Players must play bare foot and run around the court trying to pick up the most amount of injuries possible. The player with the most injuries moves onto the next round where they withdraw. Therefore the ATP solves its problem with sceduling in SW19 cos there is only one round. Hernandez is deemed champion if its a Tuesday and Henman if its any other day.

US Open - Glue. Players are lowered onto court by a crane with fireworks and loud music. Then they must stand there for 3 hours. In the case of a tiebreak, the players must make macaroni pictures of their favourite animal and show them to their moms. Whoevers mom is happier, wins the tiebreak.

Royal Rumble SLAM!!! - all 128 players must stand on the court and hit balls at each other until only 1 person is left standing

Vamos Royal Rumble Slam.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 AM   #200
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Given the huge popularity of the recent Youzhny tantrum (Youtube, CNN etc.. ) a new rule will be introduced in the ATP:

- Every tennis match will have at least one bloody incident; the players will have various props at their disposal for that purpose
Metis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 03:26 AM   #201
country flag GrosjeantheGreat

GrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGrosjeantheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
- Every tennis match will have at least one bloody incident; the players will have various props at their disposal for that purpose
1. Tennise matchez must follow ze example of wrestling, with steel chairs, ring bells, tables, two-by-fours and high flying body slams and moonsaults off of ze umpire's chair a common occurrence henceforth.

2. Doubles teamz must be referred to az tag teams from hereon in, with cool monikers, e.g. Bob and Mike Bryan become The California Wildcats.

3. Valets must accompany players to ze court at all times, wearing as little as possible. These valets can be local prostitutez, stripperz or playerz from the WTA.

4. Each player must have his own theme music. Examples:

Roddick: Loser by Beck.
Grosjean: Simply The Best by Tina Turner.
Davydenko: Mmmbop by Hanson.
Murray: The theme tune from Happy Days.
GrosjeantheGreat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 06:30 AM   #202
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrosjeantheGreat View Post
stitutez, stripperz or playerz from the WTA.

4. Each player must have his own theme music. Examples:

Roddick: Loser by Beck.
Grosjean: Simply The Best by Tina Turner.
Davydenko: Mmmbop by Hanson.
Murray: The theme tune from Happy Days.
I think for Davydenko would be more appropriate Fix You by Coldplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:15 AM   #203
country flag FedFan_2007

FedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond reputeFedFan_2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Federer's theme song - "I Feel Fine" by The Beatles.
FedFan_2007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:21 AM   #204
country flag Turquoise

Turquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond reputeTurquoise has a reputation beyond repute

Any audience member who takes time taking their seats and delays play/distracts the players, must do 10 push-ups during rest time. They must further be promptly seated before the next service game, otherwise the penalty is repeated.

There will be statistics to reflect quality of commentaries, e.g. level of irrelevant rambling, player bias… Commentators who perform below par during a tournament, will have cream pie thrown in their faces by J-Block look-alikes after the final trophy ceremony.

Ball-kids will be replaced by bouncers whenever Clement plays.

Players must live up to their nick-name. Some players may have to impersonate ducks, knock out their opponents or perform God-like miracles.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:23 AM   #205
country flag elessar
Fly away little pigeon

elessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond reputeelessar has a reputation beyond repute

Or "Help" by the Beatles would be more appropriate
elessar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:26 AM   #206
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquoise View Post
Any audience member who takes time taking their seats and delays play/distracts the players, must do 10 push-ups during rest time. They must further be promptly seated before the next service game, otherwise the penalty is repeated.
Or they could do what Rosset did at the Kremlin Cup one year. This clown spectator was taking his time, sitting down, so Rosset got the ball hit at him and he scored a direct hit.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #207
country flag Spartan

Spartan has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan has a reputation beyond repute

I have to air my disgust here and I see there are many who share my thoughts, but reducing the Masters finals to 5 sets is one of the most harmful things to true tennis people that this man has sanctioned. I'm under the impression that 90% of tennis followers would prefer a five set battle that truely tests ones physical condintioning and mental strength over an extended period. Since this decision was implemented, I have got quite angry each time I watch a final and realise there is no longer a 5 set match. I hope this decision is one day revoked and we can get to see the true length of matches.
Spartan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #208
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Change the Game

What would you do to make the game more appealing? This can be any kind of a change. even room for some humor here so what strikes your fancy? The sport is losing its appeal at an accelerated rate here in the States.

Are there changes that can be made with the game itself like dropping the first serve as Lendl has suggested? And how about the tour? How can it be altered so that it benefits the players and the fans both?

I like the idea of a one serve. I would also extend the grass and clay season. This will reduce injuries as well as force players to become more well-rounded. Now that is a win-win situation. Both grass and clay seasons are compressed and it really imposes significant hardships on the players.

thoughts? suggestions? Can you improve the game and the sport?
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:38 PM   #209
country flag Jaap
Banned!

Jaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond reputeJaap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change the Game

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jaap is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #210
country flag Clay Death
Banned!

Clay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond reputeClay Death has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Change the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

at 85, that is about all you can do. what do you have left anyway? maybe 4 brain cells at best or what. how often do you rock yourself right back to sleep trying to get up?
Clay Death is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote