THE Country Celebration Thread - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:21 AM   #616
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Country Celebration Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Not that they care what I think, but to me it either should all be the UK or all be GBR. I see no need for two names for what is basically the same area.
It is one name though. The UK. The full name of the country is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island, and is composed of the island of Great Britain, Northern Island and smaller islands surrounding the group.

This is like the Holland debate. People should call this country the UK, not Great Britain.

And now time to move on to South Korea.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #617
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
It is one name though. The UK. The full name of the country is The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Island, and is composed of the island of Great Britain, Northern Island and smaller islands surrounding the group.

This is like the Holland debate. People should call this country the UK, not Great Britain.

And now time to move on to South Korea.
Thank you Slasher I always thought since there was Royalty there Kingdom should be in the name, I just didn't know the official name of the country! And now I can also see where the confusion comes in because it is the "United Kingdom" UK of "Great Britain" GBR. This thread is terrific
Old 03-01-2013, 11:01 AM   #618
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Over to Bosnia & Herzegovina!

My Bosnian athlete is the chess player Predrag Nikolić. He's been an elite player for many years, with several good tournament results both on his own and in team events. He tied for first in the individual European Championship in 2004. Although now past his prime he's still a part of the Bosnian national team.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #619
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Since I am not gonna be here, I will celebrate the following on Monday:

March 3:

Bulgaria (1878) --- Liberation Day

Several Bulgarian revolts erupted throughout the nearly five centuries of Ottoman rule, most notably the Habsburg-backed Tarnovo uprisings in 1598 and in 1686, the Chiprovtsi Uprising in 1688 and Karposh's Rebellion in 1689. In the 18th century, the Enlightenment in Western Europe provided influence for the initiation of a movement known as the National awakening of Bulgaria. It restored national consciousness and became a key factor in the liberation struggle, resulting in the 1876 April Uprising. Up to 30,000 Bulgarians were killed as Ottoman authorities put down the rebellion. The massacres prompted the Great Powers to take action. They convened the Constantinople Conference in 1876, but their decisions were rejected by the Ottomans. This allowed the Russian Empire to seek a solution by force without risking military confrontation with other Great Powers, as had happened in the Crimean War. In 1877 Russia declared war on the Ottoman empire and defeated its forces with the help of Bulgarian volunteers.

The Treaty of San Stefano was signed on 3 March 1878, setting up a de jure autonomous Bulgarian principality on the territories of the Second Bulgarian Empire. The Great Powers immediately rejected the treaty out of fear that such a large country in the Balkans might threaten their interests. The subsequent Treaty of Berlin provided for a much smaller state comprising Moesia and the region of Sofia, leaving large populations of Bulgarians outside the new country. This played a significant role in forming Bulgaria's militaristic approach to foreign affairs during the first half of the 20th century.

And setting up Wales until Monday, when I return.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #620
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Over to South Korea!

My South Korean athlete is Kyou-Hyuk Lee, a speed skater who has won the sprint World Championship four times and been part of the world's best for many years. He set a World Record time at the 1000 metres as far back as 1997 and is still a top competitor in the 500 and 1000 metres.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #621
country flag Ben.

Ben. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond reputeBen. has a reputation beyond repute

Happy St. David's Day
Ben. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #622
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Happy St. David's Day
And a Happy St. David's Day to you
Old 03-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #623
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Over to Bulgaria!

My Bulgarian athlete is Stefka Kostadinova, a high jumper par excellence. She was the best in the world for a decade. She has Olympic gold and silver, two World Championships and five World Indoor Championships. She set seven World Records and her best mark of 2,09 is still the reigning record.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:44 AM   #624
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Moving to Bulgariaaaaa
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #625
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Marto
Old 03-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #626
country flag dinkulpus
-_-

dinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond reputedinkulpus has a reputation beyond repute

It's pity that first thing on news it is again protests not about our national day.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Tennis Tipping 2014

Singles : 125 (Best 88) - QF Auckland, QF Houston
Doubles : 72 (Best 65) - Won Sao Paulo, SF Rome, SF Chennai, SF Buenos Aires, SF Queens (with stbanchile) SF Umag (with kr1s17an) Won : Cordeones CH (with Freak3yman84)

Finals CH

Singles : 3:3
Doubles : 10:6 (ATP 1:0)
dinkulpus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #627
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
It's pity that first thing on news it is again protests not about our national day.

no country is perfect martin
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 03-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #628
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post

Sorry to say we rarely hear anything about you country Martin What is going on?
Old 03-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #629
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

I am now celebrating Bulgaria as well.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:35 AM   #630
country flag Punky

Lets party, someone should buy pizza and bring Cc, we are wild