THE Country Celebration Thread - Page 23 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-23-2012, 07:49 AM   #331
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Country Celebration Thread

True it can always be bought back up, but it would be nice if we had a few more posters to keep it actually moving! I think of Norway as being a very cold country. Am I right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #332
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Very cold is relative, I suppose. It is, on average, one of the coldest countries on Earth. But we have Finns and Canadians posting here, they are not going to be very impressed by the low Norwegian temperatures. And certainly not Russians.

My part of Norway is warmer that the average, still not the warmest part. Our temperatures tend to be no worse than -15 C (5 F) in winter. Other parts of Norway are not unaccustomed to -30 C (-22 F) or even colder during winter. My Father once experienced the conversion temperature where Celsius and Fahrenheit meet, -40. But inland climate is better than coastal for the same temperatures, so the difference feels smaller.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #333
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Oh your post just froze me It was 21 degree F where I live this morning and I hate winter so much. I stay cold all the time even indoors
Old 12-23-2012, 06:15 PM   #334
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Oh your post just froze me It was 21 degree F where I live this morning and I hate winter so much. I stay cold all the time even indoors
21 F is certainly not what we would call warm in Norway either. I hope you have something warm to snuggle under Minding the feet is the most important, I find. If you can keep them warm most of the work is done.

What would be a normal summer temperature in WV?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #335
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Gee our weather has been all over the place lately! But we have cracked a 100 F sometimes! Usually lots of 90's and if we are lucky 80's. However, sometimes the weather will ever dip below that!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:16 PM   #336
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

My part of Norway is not quite as warm as that in summer. I don't remember a single 27 C (80 F) all summer. We're lucky to pass the 20 C (68 F) threshold, which happens a few times. This year the best week was in April (!) Last year it was in May....both times missing summer vacations by a mile.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #337
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

It is not only hot here, but it is sticky due to the high humidity! Just truly awful to be out in!
Old 12-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #338
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Yes, hot and high humidity is a challenge. I function very poorly under such conditions. Luckily, they are quite rare here. I remember them mostly from vacations.

So which season do you prefer? When at home, I mean?
Old 12-26-2012, 07:10 AM   #339
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

That's what I mean about our weather being all over the place. We used to have 4 Seasons-Spring, Summer, Winter, and Fall. Now it is like we only have two seasons-winter and summer! We go from cold to hot in a heartbeat!
Old 12-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #340
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Ouch, that's rough. Global climate changes, perhaps? They will affect practically every nation - and not many in a positive way.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #341
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Ouch, that's rough. Global climate changes, perhaps? They will affect practically every nation - and not many in a positive way.
I truly think so now. I used to not understanding Global Warming because of that word "warming" when it is as cold as ever! Until it was explained to me that Global warming meant weather extremes and not just "warming"! Why wasn't it called Global Extremes or Global Weather Extremes? I think why so many people doubted that it did exist was due to that word "warming" while it continues to be freezing cold in the winter! And right now we are having Thunder with our rain in the winter
Old 12-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #342
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
I truly think so now. I used to not understanding Global Warming because of that word "warming" when it is as cold as ever! Until it was explained to me that Global warming meant weather extremes and not just "warming"! Why wasn't it called Global Extremes or Global Weather Extremes? I think why so many people doubted that it did exist was due to that word "warming" while it continues to be freezing cold in the winter! And right now we are having Thunder with our rain in the winter
Part of THE changes are warming, but very different from region to region. THE Arctic has got much warmer in recent years, the sea ice used to cover twice as much water before as it does now, but it has not become warmer where I live, and apparently not where you live either. I read somewhere Mongolia was the country where temperatures had increased most. That's one place I'd have though it'd be an advantage, but apparently not.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #343
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
Part of THE changes are warming, but very different from region to region. THE Arctic has got much warmer in recent years, the sea ice used to cover twice as much water before as it does now, but it has not become warmer where I live, and apparently not where you live either. I read somewhere Mongolia was the country where temperatures had increased most. That's one place I'd have though it'd be an advantage, but apparently not.
You're right THE ( I had been forgetting to do that in this thread ) "warming" part is due to THE changes in THE Arctic. But I still think people would take the issue much more seriously, if it had been given another name!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #344
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
You're right THE ( I had been forgetting to do that in this thread ) "warming" part is due to THE changes in THE Arctic. But I still think people would take the issue much more seriously, if it had been given another name!
You had not forgotten, it was I who was desoriented. We haven't done the capital THEs here. I think one thread is sufficient for that. Unless my subconsciuos is trying to tell me something.

"Global climate changes" is used alongside "Global warming", whatever it's called people have been slow to take notice all over the world. Now that most realize change has come and will continue, they are slow to do something about it. A pity. I don't think nations will ever agree enough to do enough to change this. Only hope of avoiding major changes are new inventions. Or perhaps a big volcano eruption. That will definitely lower temperatures, as seen after eruptions in Krakatoa in 1883 and Tambora 1815. Look what happened after the latter:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
Old 12-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #345
country flag Mae
GOTHIC PRINCESS

Quote:
You had not forgotten, it was I who was desoriented. We haven't done the capital THEs here. I think one thread is sufficient for that. Unless my subconsciuos is trying to tell me something.

"Global climate changes" is used alongside "Global warming", whatever it's called people have been slow to take notice all over the world. Now that most realize change has come and will continue, they are slow to do something about it. A pity. I don't think nations will ever agree enough to do enough to change this. Only hope of avoiding major changes are new inventions. Or perhaps a big volcano eruption. That will definitely lower temperatures, as seen after eruptions in Krakatoa in 1883 and Tambora 1815. Look what happened after the latter:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer
I'm glad we can skip "THE" in this thread And oh what an awful article But with the date this problem started a long, long, long, time ago!