THE Country Celebration Thread - Page 16 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-14-2012, 08:04 AM   #226
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Country Celebration Thread

Thanks u markus. I guess a lot of coins with such a big error are rare and expansive
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #227
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
Thanks u markus. I guess a lot of coins with such a big error are rare and expansive
Coins with errors can be very rare and expensive indeed. This one is not. The entire production line - which was quite large - had the same error, so the coin is not especially hard to get hold of even though it's more than 200 years old. But it's lot of fun. I prefer coins that tell a good story
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:13 AM   #228
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

But there's a chance most of them are lost
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 12-14-2012, 08:17 AM   #229
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But there's a chance most of them are lost
True, large production lines 200 years ago are no guarantee there's many left now. But in this care, there are. They are out for sale quite often. You can by a nice-looking one for €5. A worn one will be cheaper. Collectors prefer the coins with much detail left.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #230
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
No...

Thank you all for celebrating Malta and Saint Lucia.
Upcoming 3 celebrations:
December 15: Netherlands
December 16: Bahrain | Bangladesh
December 17: Bhutan
When I was very young The Netherlands was called Holland! And in school there were all these stories about windmills, wooden shoes, tulips, little Dutch boys and girls, and it just sounded like such a wonderful place to be So I will switch to The Netherlands also! Actually I found out from a poster here on the Forum that even The Netherlands isn't the true name of her country. It is actually The Kingdom of the Netherlands.

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:46 AM   #231
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
When I was very young The Netherlands was called Holland! And in school there were all these stories about windmills, wooden shoes, tulips, little Dutch boys and girls, and it just sounded like such a wonderful place to be So I will switch to The Netherlands also! Actually I found out from a poster here on the Forum that even The Netherlands isn't the true name of her country. It is actually The Kingdom of the Netherlands.
I'm pretty sure you're not old enough for that Last time Holland was the official name for a country was back in the 1790s. The last 200+ years Holland has been a province in the Netherlands. Or two provinces, to be precise. Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland. Together they account for about 1/8th of the land mass of the Netherlands, but a higher percentage of the population. The capital Amsterdam lies in Noord-Holland.

But it's correct a lot of people (still) confuse Holland for the Netherlands and use the first when they mean the second.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #232
country flag Punky

in israel we say holland..

Old 12-14-2012, 08:55 AM   #233
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I'm pretty sure you're not old enough for that Last time Holland was the official name for a country was back in the 1790s. The last 200+ years Holland has been a province in the Netherlands. Or two provinces, to be precise. Noord-Holland and Zuid-Holland. Together they account for about 1/8th of the land mass of the Netherlands, but a higher percentage of the population. The capital Amsterdam lies in Noord-Holland.

But it's correct a lot of people (still) confuse Holland for the Netherlands and use the first when they mean the second.
Believe me no I was not around in 1790! But the country was still being called Holland when I was very young at least here in the U.S. I didn't know they had a Royal Family or anything until the poster told me about it. It still sounds like a nice place to me

Old 12-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #234
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
in israel we say holland..
I'm not surprised, as I said a lot of people still confuse the two.

When you talk to a Dutch person, he might take offence (I've expecienced this). Unless he/she is actually from Holland. They generally won't mind.

This is a nice chart of the Dutch provinces:
Attached Images
File Type: png Map Netherlands.png (143.7 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #235
country flag Punky

Quote:
I'm not surprised, as I said a lot of people still confuse the two.

When you talk to a Dutch person, he might take offence (I've expecienced this). Unless he/she is actually from Holland. They generally won't mind.

This is a nice chart of the Dutch provinces:
i will remember it next time i visit there, i was a few years and it was great, i guess its b/c i saw so many blondes lol

i have a weakness...

so ppl call it holland bc in the past most of the ppl lived in that area in Netherlands?

Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #236
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Believe me no I was not around in 1790! But the country was still being called Holland when I was very young at least here in the U.S. I didn't know they had a Royal Family or anything until the poster told me about it. It still sounds like a nice place to me
It's a very nice place Well worth a little celebration

There are still quite a few Royal families in Europe, but of course they have little real influence nowadays. Norway also has one. And Sweden, Belgium, Spain, UK (I guess you knew about this one) and Denmark.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #237
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Quote:

There are still quite a few Royal families in Europe, but of course they have little real influence nowadays. Norway also has one. And Sweden, Belgium, Spain, UK (I guess you knew about this one) and Denmark.
I don't think I knew about Sweden or Belgium so you have also added to my knowledge I love Royals in case you couldn't tell

Old 12-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #238
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
i will remember it next time i visit there, i was a few years and it was great, i guess its b/c i saw so many blondes lol

i have a weakness...

so ppl call it holland bc in the past most of the ppl lived in that area in Netherlands?
Holland was the dominant province of the seven that originally joined forces to become the Batavian Republic - later The Kingdom of the Netherlands. They never had more than just below half of the population. At the moment, they have around 35%, I believe.

Here's a little history if anyone's interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland
Old 12-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #239
country flag Punky

Quote:
Holland was the dominant province of the seven that originally joined forces to become the Batavian Republic - later The Kingdom of the Netherlands. They never had more than just below half of the population. At the moment, they have around 35%, I believe.

Here's a little history if anyone's interested:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holland
thank u, u have no idea how much i love things like that

Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 AM   #240
country flag Punky

Quote:

The oldest royal family in Europe, the majority think that its England