THE Country Celebration Thread - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-13-2012, 07:22 AM   #196
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Country Celebration Thread

Sadly my stay will be short also because I play TT and when TT starts up again I don't want to have to worried about what flag I'm supposed to have put up!

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2012, 08:06 AM   #197
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Not lately. None mentioned why. Oh well, I will not stop any time soon. My goal is to this for at least one year, so I can get through all the countries in the world. There will be some hiatus periods as I am on holiday... but I will catch up when I return.
I'll chip in and do St. Lucia. A very difficult place to get a coin from, for my OFEC-collection (One From Each Country), but I managed eventually.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 AM   #198
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I'll chip in and do St. Lucia. A very difficult place to get a coin from, for my OFEC-collection (One From Each Country), but I managed eventually.
You mean the East Caribbean Dollar? That's quite interesting to have a coin collection. Thumbs up.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:31 AM   #199
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You mean the East Caribbean Dollar? That's quite interesting to have a coin collection. Thumbs up.
No, the East Caribbean Dollar was easy, but that's not really from St Lucia. This coin, however, is:
http://www.gcoins.net/en/catalog/view/6648
...and I finally managed to get hold of it last year, thus completing the Americas Only countries in the world missing in my collection now are Niger, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Mikronesia and Nauru, none of which have currency of their own. Plus the new ones, South Sudan and Kosovo.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #200
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Wow now that is some coin collection

Old 12-13-2012, 10:39 AM   #201
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
No, the East Caribbean Dollar was easy, but that's not really from St Lucia. This coin, however, is:
http://www.gcoins.net/en/catalog/view/6648
...and I finally managed to get hold of it last year, thus completing the Americas Only countries in the world missing in my collection now are Niger, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Mikronesia and Nauru, none of which have currency of their own. Plus the new ones, South Sudan and Kosovo.
Yeah, it would be harder to get one of the those, maybe you can get the South Sudan Pound easier since it's a new currency. Also, Kosovo never had a currency, if they are unanimously recognized in the future, maybe they will.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:45 AM   #202
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Yeah, it would be harder to get one of the those, maybe you can get the South Sudan Pound easier since it's a new currency. Also, Kosovo never had a currency, if they are unanimously recognized in the future, maybe they will.
South Sudan should not really be a problem, I except to get that soon. Kosovo will be more difficult. I don't think they will have currency of their own. Montenegro hasn't, after all. I got them into my collection though acquiring a coin from Montenegros previous stint as an independent nation, before WW1.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:56 AM   #203
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
Wow now that is some coin collection
It has taken me several years to get as far as this. It's a fun hobby. I can put it away indefinitely in busy periods and bring it back whenever I feel like it

And I'm not done just because I can get no more new countries. I can always search for places that used to be countries, or semi-independent statelets. Per example - The Netherlands. Present-day coin is not a problem. But if you're into history you'll also want one coin from Holland, one from Gelderland, one from Zeeland, West Friesland, Friesland, Utrecht, Groningen Ommelanden, Overijssel and the Batavian Republic. As for the Swiss, a personal favourite project, you can get coins from: Aargau, Appenzell, Basel, Bern, Chur, Freiburg, Geneve, Graubunden, Handenstein, Luzern, Neuchatel, Schaffhausen, Schwyz, Sitten, Solothurn, St. Gall, Ticino, Uri, Vaud, Zug and Zürich. Plus a few others I can't recall at the moment. I'm not getting all of those anytime soon, so always something to look for
Old 12-13-2012, 11:15 AM   #204
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

It sounds like a difficult hobby to me! I'm sure a lot of work went into getting those coins! I knew a guy that collected stamps from all over the world and I thought that would be a difficult hobby also.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #205
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
It sounds like a difficult hobby to me! I'm sure a lot of work went into getting those coins! I knew a guy that collected stamps from all over the world and I thought that would be a difficult hobby also.
Stamp collecting is also fun, and I actually have a decent stamp collection, but I've never done anything with it - just inherited it from my mother and didn't have the heart to get rid of it. She didn't have a system like I do so I've no idea how many countries is in that collection, but I know it's quite a lot - I helped collect clippings for her. She was not only into countries but also motives - stamps with animal portraits, for example.

Btw, the first stamp arrived in the 1840s so you're not going to find stamps from Holland or Basel - those places no longer existed independently then.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #206
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

You are such an interesting person. I'm glad you joined the Forum and glad I have gotten to post with you

Old 12-13-2012, 11:41 AM   #207
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

You've actually convinced me to start a coin collection myself. I like collecting things a lot, just never got into something so big until now. I will start soon.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #208
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Quote:
You've actually convinced me to start a coin collection myself. I like collecting things a lot, just never got into something so big until now. I will start soon.
It sounds like too much work for me so I'll pass!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #209
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
You are such an interesting person. I'm glad you joined the Forum and glad I have gotten to post with you
Wow, that's really great to hear Thank you I really enjoy posting with you too - and the other posters here
Old 12-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #210
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Great If you want a few pointers, don't hesitate to ask. I don't have any contacts in Romania, though, so unfortunately I cannot recommend any local club or coin store for you.