THE Country Celebration Thread - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #181
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Country Celebration Thread

This is really a lovely thread! But I don't want to change my flag. I'm a fan of Tommy Haas and back years ago Tommy won a Tournament so I put up the German Flag in his honor. And then I had all these posters posting to me in German I can only speak/write English

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #182
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae View Post
This is really a lovely thread! But I don't want to change my flag. I'm a fan of Tommy Haas and back years ago Tommy won a Tournament so I put up the German Flag in his honor. And then I had all these posters posting to me in German I can only speak/write English
It's only for one day. I don't think anyone will fix your nationality that fast. It's for a good cause, IMO.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #183
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
It's only for one day. I don't think anyone will fix your nationality that fast. It's for a good cause, IMO.
That's what I thought when I put up that German Flag for Tommy and just like that posters were posting in German to me!

Old 12-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #184
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

December 12:

Kenya: (1963 and 1964)

The first direct elections for Africans to the Legislative Council took place in 1957. Despite British hopes of handing power to "moderate" African rivals, it was the Kenya African National Union (KANU) of Jomo Kenyatta that formed a government shortly before Kenya became independent on 12 December 1963, on the same day forming the first Constitution of Kenya. During the same year, the Kenyan army fought the Shifta War against ethnic Somalis who wanted Kenya's Northern Frontier District joined with the Republic of Somalia. The Shifta War officially ended with the signature of the Arusha Memorandum in October, 1967, but relative insecurity prevailed through 1969. To discourage further invasions, Kenya signed a defence pact with Ethiopia in 1969, which is still in effect. On 12 December 1964 the Republic of Kenya was proclaimed, and Jomo Kenyatta became Kenya's first president. At Kenyatta's death in 1978, Daniel arap Moi became President. Daniel arap Moi retained the Presidency, being unopposed in elections held in 1979, 1983 (snap elections) and 1988, all of which were held under the single party constitution. The 1983 elections were held a year early, and were a direct result of an abortive military coup attempt on 2 August 1982.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #185
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
That's what I thought when I put up that German Flag for Tommy and just like that posters were posting in German to me!
Hmm, you must have posted often on that day.

I think I'm free from any Kenyans noticing... Or so I hope.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #186
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hmm, you must have posted often on that day.

I think I'm free from any Kenyans noticing... Or so I hope.
There's only one regular poster with a Kenyan flag that I've seen:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/member.php?u=29279

If his name is anything to go by, Kenyan could be a difficult language....
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:04 AM   #187
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
If his name is anything to go by, Kenyan could be a difficult language....
Kenya has two official languages: English and Swahili. There is no "Kenyan" language.

Receiving a PM in Swahili could be interesting though.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:21 AM   #188
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Quote:
Kenya has two official languages: English and Swahili. There is no "Kenyan" language.

Receiving a PM in Swahili could be interesting though.
I would love that O.K. since it is late I will put the flag up!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #189
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
I would love that O.K. since it is late I will put the flag up!
Nice to have you aboard, Mae...
Old 12-13-2012, 06:08 AM   #190
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

December 13:

Malta: (1974) -- Republic Day

Malta achieved its independence on 21 September 1964 (Independence Day) after intense negotiations with the United Kingdom, led by Maltese Prime Minister George Borg Olivier. Under its 1964 constitution, Malta initially retained Queen Elizabeth II as Queen of Malta and thus Head of State, with a Governor-General exercising executive authority on her behalf. In 1971, the Malta Labour Party led by Dom Mintoff won the General Elections, resulting in Malta declaring itself a republic on 13 December 1974 (Republic Day) within the Commonwealth, with the President as head of state. A defence agreement signed soon after independence (and re-negotiated in 1972) expired on 31 March 1979.

Saint Lucia: (1979) -- The Saint's Day

In Saint Lucia, a tiny island in the Caribbean named after its patron saint, St. Lucy, December 13 is celebrated as National Day. The National Festival of Lights and Renewal is held the night before the holiday, in honour of St Lucy of Syracuse the saint of light. In this celebration, decorative lights (mostly bearing a Christmas theme) are lit in the capital city of Castries; artisans present decorated lanterns for competition; and the official activities end with a fireworks display. This is also to commemorate Christmas and the Christmas tree. In the past, a jour ouvert celebration has continued into the sunrise of 13 December.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:11 AM   #191
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Quote:
Nice to have you aboard, Mae...
Oh my I guess this means I have to keep this flag until the day for the next country? I have for some time now wanted out of the U.S. and this would be the only way I can afford to do that so I'll be part of the thread Believe me I know what it is like to feel like you are talking to yourself in a thread!

A new country already! I read an article that Malta is a good place to live for Americans that want to leave the U.S. So I'll "move" there for a day

Old 12-13-2012, 06:13 AM   #192
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Oh my I guess this means I have to keep this flag until the day for the next country? I have for some time now wanted out of the U.S. and this would be the only way I can afford to do that so I'll be part of the thread Believe me I know what it is like to feel like you are talking to yourself in a thread!
No, just for one day. Until the National Day is done. If there are more than one country to celebrate, half a day each, and so on...

I wasn't talking to myself until Freaky started getting banned. Orange Wombat was also into this, and Punky too...
Old 12-13-2012, 06:18 AM   #193
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Quote:
No, just for one day. Until the National Day is done. If there are more than one country to celebrate, half a day each, and so on...

I wasn't talking to myself until Freaky started getting banned. Orange Wombat was also into this, and Punky too...
Are they still in or not?

Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #194
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Punky isn't still in because she has her own country's flag up!

Old 12-13-2012, 06:29 AM   #195
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Are they still in or not?
Not lately. None mentioned why. Oh well, I will not stop any time soon. My goal is to this for at least one year, so I can get through all the countries in the world. There will be some hiatus periods as I am on holiday... but I will catch up when I return.