2013 Australian Open Wildcards. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:12 AM   #16
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Australian Open Wildcards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozfan44 View Post
Guccione and Ball are a complete Joke perenial under-achievers can't even get their act together with any sort of consistency on the futures or challenger tour..

Klein and Millman overlooked because they have the balls too stand up for themselves and ruffle a few feathers...

Lemke has quit so you won't see his name unless he has had a change of heart in recent weeks...Letcher would be in the same boat as Klein etc and rarely plays in aus....

Id be shocked if Bolt and Kyrgios didn't get in (although Nick will win 18s and get in that way)...never going to happen but would love to see Van Peperzeel given a crack here...
Lemke quit? He was playing in Europe a couple of months ago. It doesn't take much for guys to pull the pin these days, he was in Grand Slam qualies last year.
Daniel. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #17
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

Plenty of different reasons for quitting, but the main reason is financial, then the realisation that you can only reach a certain level in the tennis world, and that is not going to keep you fed and build for the future, so you have to start looking at other opportunities and/or options.
Playing on the circuit is a huge commitment, in time, effort and money and you can't perform at the highest level if that motivation drops...
Injuries, even if niggling, play their part and affect your fitness, Lose fitness and then it is another up hill battle to just get back to where you were, never mind improve.
Motivation, desire, support system all play their part.
Good luck to James if he quits and even better luck to him if he continues..
RustyOz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #18
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

JPS!

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:38 AM   #19
ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Lemke quit? .
That is what he said after Esperance/Marg River.... hopefully he can keep going!
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #20
country flag RustyOz

RustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond reputeRustyOz has a reputation beyond repute

I noticed Duckworth is not listed for the AO Wild Card playoff.
Injured ?
or a WC certainty, so not playing ?

Or ... ?

Same applies to Kubler ???
Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #21
country flag Chris.

Chris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond reputeChris. has a reputation beyond repute

James pulled out of a lot of events towards the end of the season. He must be injured.
Chris. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:20 AM   #22
ozfan44

ozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond reputeozfan44 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyOz View Post
I noticed Duckworth is not listed for the AO Wild Card playoff.
Injured ?
or a WC certainty, so not playing ?

Or ... ?

Same applies to Kubler ???
Shame it appears he has withdrawn...he was originally listed on here http://www.tennis.com.au/tournaments...-2013-play-off
ozfan44 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #23
country flag RustyOz

There will no doubt be some more withdrawals. Rumour is Ball is not coming all the way from the USA to play.

There will also be some retired injured results and injuries during and after the tournament.

The format is crazy - have to win 4x 5 set matches to get a WC, as opposed to qualifying - winning 3x 3 set matches.

This is the period that the ATP states in their suggested training brochure (available on-line for players), as the "off-season" - time for "active rest" and then a build-up in physical training, to peak in early January. Tennis Australia expects the Aussies to "peak" earlier in mid December and then still be fresh for the start of the new playing season in early January. After this play-off, the players who progress to the semis and beyond will be nackered.

Millman most probably has the right idea, skipping the play-off and training for the Brsibane and AO qualies.
Also expect Duckworth to be fit and raring to go in the New Year.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #24
country flag Daniel.

Daniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel. has a reputation beyond repute

Why the hell is it best of 5 sets?! It never used to be, apart from the final
Daniel. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:28 PM   #25
country flag RustyOz

Tennis Australia, in their wisdom...
Not
Old 11-30-2012, 04:03 AM   #26
country flag Sam21

Sam21 has a reputation beyond reputeSam21 has a reputation beyond reputeSam21 has a reputation beyond reputeSam21 has a reputation beyond reputeSam21 has a reputation beyond reputeSam21 has a reputation beyond reputeSam21 has a reputation beyond reputeSam21 has a reputation beyond reputeSam21 has a reputation beyond reputeSam21 has a reputation beyond reputeSam21 has a reputation beyond repute

a lot of the younger guys might struggle to play through the five sets, especially if they have a few back to back. even Jones this year at the open started cramping in the fourth against Dolgopolov, whether or not it was fitness/weather/the occasion... it should have stayed how it was with best of five in the final only
Sam21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #27
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Hot summer predicted for AO 2013

http://www.tennis.com.au/news/2012/1...ed-for-ao-2013

one world, one life, one love, only Lleyton Hewitt
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #28
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausie View Post
And that's why I bought Hisense tickets this year.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:08 PM   #29
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
Why the hell is it best of 5 sets?! It never used to be, apart from the final
They have a day off inbetween matches, it's a straight knockout tournament, good prep for the Open, as someone Jones who ahd to go 5 sets this year was not conditionf or ti at all, this will help with it. The only way you going to get better at 5 setters is to play them.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:08 AM   #30
country flag Redline

Redline is on a distinguished road

I don't mind the idea of best of five sets but think perhaps the draw could be cut down to 8. Somehow though they do need to be getting the right type of players. After all it is for a main draw wildcard not a qualifying wildcard.

If some of those players whose ranking is inside 250 don't think it is worth it then in my eyes its not hitting its target. Surly they should be wanting those players whose rankning is between 150 to 250 plus a couple of up and comers plus a couple of juniors.
Redline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote