Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation) - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #106
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
Seriously people, if analysing personality is your thang, try literature or having friends.
what you say here applies to fans who talk too much in your opinion of psychology like me, but not to haters : hating is not an easy thing to apply in the real world, much easier on the web.
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 11:35 AM   #107
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
My sentiments exactly.

Seriously people, if analysing personality is your thang, try literature or having friends.

Respectfully,
masterclass

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Richard Cook
barbadosan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #108
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
Why don't YOU quote it all?

"The real number one, we know who that is going to be, it's going to be Novak, so I think there should not be any debate around that," Federer told reporters. "Number one, you don't get there by chance. The rankings are something that show you how you've played over a 365-day period. It might change all over again at the Australian Open, there’s no doubt about that, but right now, it's clear."

Right now, Djokovic is the clear number one.

Nowhere did Federer say that he deserves number 1 no matter what. He'll be the deserving no.1 if he gets the results to back it up.
No , it's not clear at all. He barely even say it directly. Besides I wouldn't trust his judgement about it and reading his thoughts because he is always putting on an act . Djokovic never said in summer, wait until 2 month . Nadal coming back from injury never said wait until I play more to see who is number 1. He tries to be very objective and treating people like kids by explaining what the rankings is and then says "no doubt" it will change. If anything, it's intelectually insulting.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #109
country flag swebright

swebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond reputeswebright has a reputation beyond repute

Now he's got a tatse of BOTH money and power.

I think the remaining Big 4 are staying out of this and let Fed spend time and energy out of court. He doesn't have enough practice time it seems.
Rafa handled the situation in a very immature way, IMO. Novak seems like a good candidate to follow in Fed's footsteps. He seems to be a future politician.

Go Fed; may be he'll become a Commish.
swebright is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #110
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joolz View Post
The public persona is what I meant by a mixture of marketing and media. That's all we get to see and of course it's designed to portray players as larger than life personalities. Or rather, the top players. The lower-ranked players have worked just as hard for their careers but who cares? My point is that we see in players what we want to see in them. But that doesn't make them higher (or lower) human beings.

I think fans (as well as haters) like to believe that they know what a player is really like. And nowadays, thanks to the internet, you can endlessly rewatch and discuss all the little details that seem to give it away. You can analyse and dissect every word, every gesture, every handshake at the net, everything that players (publicly) do outside of tennis - and then regard it as proof for what you've known all along.
I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing what you want to see in a player. I just think it's good to be aware of it and to not take these things too seriously. And I agree with you about the haters, I can't seem to understand it, myself.
Fed can't be better or worse as a human being? In the next paragraph, you say you can't understand why his personality is a topic to lovers and haters?
You already judge everyone who says painful things including facts about darling Fed.
After years of hype about how lovely & fabulous a player was, most people aren't too stupid to pretend a sneaky, extremely nasty, sore loser is a role model player that they expected.
Just like other entertainers, if someone is disrespectful & acts like they are entitled to special treatment despite doing ordinary things like other people, don't expect convenient ignorance from the public. It doesn't matter if fans are involved.

I watch my fave players, but during matches, I don't need to hear 4999 times from the insecure commentators & media propaganda that Federer is classier to everyone, nice like Edberg, etc. just because he beat clowns from 8 years ago in every match.
heya is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #111
country flag Joolz

Joolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond reputeJoolz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Fed can't be better or worse as a human being? In the next paragraph, you say you can't understand why his personality is a topic to lovers and haters?
You already judge everyone who says painful things including facts about darling Fed.
After years of hype about how lovely & fabulous a player was, most people aren't too stupid to pretend a sneaky, extremely nasty, sore loser is a role model player that they expected.
Just like other entertainers, if someone is disrespectful & acts like they are entitled to special treatment despite doing ordinary things like other people, don't expect convenient ignorance from the public. It doesn't matter if fans are involved.

I watch my fave players, but during matches, I don't need to hear 4999 times from the insecure commentators & media propaganda that Federer is classier to everyone, nice like Edberg, etc. just because he beat clowns from 8 years ago in every match.
I can't understand why some people love to hate tennis players. Not just Fed - any player. I can't understand what people get out of it.

How you see Fed, how I see him, or how his fans see him, those are personal opinions and interpretations based on his public image. We can't judge his actual personality because all we know is his public image.
Whether you admire or despise it, well, that's your choice and your opinion. But I don't think these things should be treated like facts or like matters of life and death. After all, it's just tennis.
Joolz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #112
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I can't understand why some people love to hate tennis players. Not just Fed - any player. I can't understand what people get out of it.

How you see Fed, how I see him, or how his fans see him, those are personal opinions and interpretations based on his public image. We can't judge his actual personality because all we know is his public image.
Whether you admire or despise it, well, that's your choice and your opinion. But I don't think these things should be treated like facts or like matters of life and death. After all, it's just tennis.
It's the football approach, I guess. Love Liverpool and hate Manchester United - or vice versa. Love Barcelona and hate Real Madrid - or vice versa. You seldom see the most engaged fans liking both. Plenty of hate going on there. Probably not that surprising it spreads to individual sport, with some deciding not only who their favourite is, but also their arch-enemy.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #113
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
No , it's not clear at all. He barely even say it directly. Besides I wouldn't trust his judgement about it and reading his thoughts because he is always putting on an act . Djokovic never said in summer, wait until 2 month . Nadal coming back from injury never said wait until I play more to see who is number 1. He tries to be very objective and treating people like kids by explaining what the rankings is and then says "no doubt" it will change. If anything, it's intelectually insulting.
Federer said that right now it is clear who is number 1, and that there should be no debate about that.

He did not say we need to wait until 2 months to see who is the real number 1. He said that in two months there might be another number 1, but for now Djokovic is the real number 1.

Quote:
He tries to be very objective and treating people like kids by explaining what the rankings is and then says "no doubt" it will change. If anything, it's intelectually insulting.
He said that there is no doubt that it could change. He did not say that it will change.
Singularity is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:00 PM   #114
country flag Aloevera

Aloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond reputeAloevera has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Blame the immature fans, and the media.
Aloevera is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread