Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation) - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:00 PM   #61
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
They need to increase the challenger prizes in at least 20%.

Top 150 players are making less than 6000 dollars per month still.
it's another topic : I will create another thread for that.
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #62
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer takes on role as backroom power broker (ATP future and situation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
He is not the poster boy media want us to believe. No need to be so gullible.
depends which media you're talking about, some media rather like presenting him with a very bad face (newspaper l'Equipe in France, and some Swiss newspapers)

anyway, yes people are often manicheist
Old 11-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #63
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by munZe konZa View Post
Oh poor federer , everyone just hates him and who wouldn't with that snarky smug smile of his?
Why don't you quote it all ?

That's about as typical of federer in making grandiose assertions, speaking in authoritative way and talking out of both sides of his mouth. Even his soft stetements are very dubious.
That's his true self. When he usually gives praise or credit, which is not often, he tends to adorn it with a subtle dig. With Federer there is always a but...

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:17 PM   #64
country flag duong

Quote:
That's his true self. When he usually gives praise or credit, which is not often, he tends to adorn it with a subtle dig. With Federer there is always a but...
I've often read that, I partly understand it (he's been known as someone who likes teasing for instance, it's part of his character) but this idea has reached such proportions that it has got out of control in many people's minds : these people see him so much as a devil that anyway they will always read his words like that

I disagree with the idea that he always speaks like that :

1. he's not clever enough

2. he gives many interviews and has other things to think than always playing such games

Fed is also the guy who said that he regrets some things he said but he "can't see the point if one is not allowed to speak one's mind in interviews". He's honest and less cautious about his words than other guys.

Everyone has his own speaking style and some don't like others' speaking styles, I think it's a strong reason of that allergy many ones have about Fed.
For instance, I know many ones who are allergic to my speaking style

It's harder to know Djokovic's and Murray's real self becausde they're much more cautious when they speak since past problems they had.

Last edited by duong : 11-08-2012 at 11:22 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:20 PM   #65
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

I love that Federer upsets this many people simply by being fucking awesome at everything tennis related.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #66
country flag Nole fan

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I've often read that, I partly understand it but this idea has reached such proportions that it has got out of control in many people's mind : these people see him so much as a devil that anyway they will always read his words like that

I disagree with the idea that he always speaks like that :

1. he's not clever enough

2. he gives many interviews and has other things to think than always playing such games

Fed is also the guy who said that he regrets some things he said but he "can't see the point if one is not allowed to speak one's mind in interviews". He's honest and less cautious about his words than other guys.

Everyone has his own speaking style and some don't like others' styles.
For instance, I know many ones who don't like my speaking style
I agree that Federer can say whatever he wants and can make digs at other players as he desires, what i don't buy is this image that he is above the others regarding his fairness and sportsmanship. He is not. However his fans and media in general try to portray him as this model guy with no fault who somehow has more class than Nadal, Nole or Murray. He has no more class than these others. He has not less class either.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #67
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoh07 View Post
I dont undertsand how fed can have any haters

i guess its true when you are a winner people envy you
I like Federer but this is ridiculous how people are acting like he is a saint. so what, he helped orchestrate slightly higher grand slam prize money for all rounds. that was also put together by other players, but he is getting all the credit

Federer just weeks ago was quoted to state that he wouldn't play Basel again unless he gets millions dollars of essentially bribery. I respect Roger to a degree but it is obvious he likes control and he is beginning to have a bit of an obsession with money

it is always nice to have sportsman active in their communities, but then again it is not exactly a beautiful thing to have sportsmen who are OVERLY active. Federer should not be able to essentially make ATP decisions, and I somewhat respect Djokovic and Nadal for withdrawing back to their private lives. tennis players play a sport, they are not politicians

the reality is that Federer will make decisions on the board that benefit him first and foremost, and secondly that benefit the general well being of the tour. if you think anything otherwise you are delusional

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #68
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Don't pretend to like Federer then disparage him in two paragraphs
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #69
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:34 PM   #70
country flag duong

Quote:
He has not less class either.
glad to read that final part because it's not obvious from many ones' posts, including yours

anyway I have Djokovic in very high esteem too but what I think many people underrate is how tough what he does is, criticizing him for one word taken out of context left and right is just ridiculous and actually rather proves that what he does, he does it incredibly well overall.

As for the unbelievable praise he sometimes gets in the media it's typical of famous people, and especially in sports ... and the same ones will easily destroy him with their words

it's disgusting indeed.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #71
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
I like Federer but this is ridiculous how people are acting like he is a saint. so what, he helped orchestrate slightly higher grand slam prize money for all rounds. that was also put together by other players, but he is getting all the credit
you don't understand anytrhing if you can't make the difference between asking for something and working for it in a players' council.

what I only say here is that the guy is no saint but he has indeed worked a lot on those topics and had worries about them.

It's not about being a saint or anything, it's about working, making some tiring worrying work.

Quote:
Federer should not be able to essentially make ATP decisions

Quote:
the reality is that Federer will make decisions on the board that benefit him first and foremost, and secondly that benefit the general well being of the tour. if you think anything otherwise you are delusional
yes, and I'm sure you think that's what all politicians and institutions do

fortunately you don't have a role in them ...

Last edited by duong : 11-08-2012 at 11:43 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:38 PM   #72
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think any of us really "know" a player from reading comments in press conferences. Our minds are just good at filling in the gaps.

Once you have a perception of a players personality, you automatically fit the players comments to match that perception. Eg. if you think a player makes snide remarks then when hear that player 'qualify' something, you think "ah, they're being demeaning", rather than just giving an honest appraisal.

Federer fans are guilty of creating an "image" of Federer as the perfectly gracious and benevolent sportsman, and haters are guilty of seeing spite and malice in every comment that isn't unqualified praise ("X player is great, but..").

I think it would be better to see players as human beings rather than put them on a pedestal one way or the other.
Singularity is offline View My Blog!  
Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #73
country flag Nole fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
I don't think any of us really "know" a player from reading comments in press conferences. Our minds are just good at filling in the gaps.

Once you have a perception of a players personality, you automatically fit the players comments to match that perception. Eg. if you think a player makes snide remarks then when hear that player 'qualify' something, you think "ah, they're being demeaning", rather than just giving an honest appraisal.

Federer fans are guilty of creating an "image" of Federer as the perfectly gracious and benevolent sportsman, and haters are guilty of seeing spite and malice in every comment that isn't unqualified praise ("X player is great, but..").

I think it would be better to see players as human beings rather than put them on a pedestal one way or the other.
Of course they're human beings with their talents and flaws, but let's not lie to ourselves, they're not average human beings. Fans get inspired but these guys, admiration is a powerful thing you can't ignore.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #74
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
yes but then the question would then be : what do people know here about human beings ?

some young people now think that what everyone does is necessarily only drawn by one's personal interest : whether it is because they don't know enough about life or because they are like that in their personal life, the result is the same

People are all different and judge according to their own personal conceptions which may be very very far from Fed's or Nadal's or Djokovic's or the ATP organization's context.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:59 PM   #75
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Read the thread title as Power Bottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread