WTF semi-final qualification speculation thread - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 AM   #76
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF semi-final qualification speculation thread

2012 SEMI-FINAL QUALIFYING SCENARIOS

Singles Group A qualification scenarios after the completion of the 2nd round of the event's group stage:

1) Regardless of score, if N. DJOKOVIC defeats T. BERDYCH and A. MURRAY defeats J. TSONGA, then N. DJOKOVIC wins the group and A. MURRAY qualifies 2nd.
2) Regardless of score, if T. BERDYCH defeats N. DJOKOVIC and J. TSONGA defeats A. MURRAY, then T. BERDYCH wins the group and N. DJOKOVIC qualifies 2nd.

3) If N. DJOKOVIC defeats T. BERDYCH in 2 sets and J. TSONGA defeats A. MURRAY in 2 sets, then N. DJOKOVIC wins the group and J. TSONGA qualifies 2nd.
4) If N. DJOKOVIC defeats T. BERDYCH in 2 sets and J. TSONGA defeats A. MURRAY in 3 sets, then N. DJOKOVIC wins the group and A. MURRAY qualifies 2nd.
5) If N. DJOKOVIC defeats T. BERDYCH in 3 sets and J. TSONGA defeats A. MURRAY in 2 sets, then N. DJOKOVIC wins the group and T. BERDYCH qualifies 2nd.
6) If N. DJOKOVIC defeats T. BERDYCH in 3 sets and J. TSONGA defeats A. MURRAY in 3 sets, then N. DJOKOVIC wins the group and A. MURRAY qualifies 2nd.
7) If T. BERDYCH defeats N. DJOKOVIC in 2 sets and A. MURRAY defeats J. TSONGA in 2 sets, then A. MURRAY wins the group and T. BERDYCH qualifies 2nd.
8) If T. BERDYCH defeats N. DJOKOVIC in 2 sets and A. MURRAY defeats J. TSONGA in 3 sets, then T. BERDYCH wins the group and N. DJOKOVIC qualifies 2nd.
9) If T. BERDYCH defeats N. DJOKOVIC in 3 sets and A. MURRAY defeats J. TSONGA in 2 sets, then N. DJOKOVIC wins the group and A. MURRAY qualifies 2nd.
10) If T. BERDYCH defeats N. DJOKOVIC in 3 sets and A. MURRAY defeats J. TSONGA in 3 sets, then N. DJOKOVIC wins the group and A. MURRAY qualifies 2nd.

Singles Group B qualification scenarios after the completion of the 1st round of the event's group stage:

R. FEDERER qualifies on Thursday if:
- R. FEDERER defeats D. FERRER in 2 sets.
- R. FEDERER defeats D. FERRER and J. TIPSAREVIC defeats J. DEL POTRO.

D. FERRER qualifies on Thursday if:
- D. FERRER defeats R. FEDERER and J. DEL POTRO defeats J. TIPSAREVIC.

Taken from: "http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings...fications.aspx"

Old 11-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #77
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

This might be easier to see.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nş1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #78
country flag appleGirl

appleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond reputeappleGirl has a reputation beyond repute

You can see the original of this table here:

Group A - http://letsecondserve.blogspot.co.il...ification.html
Group B - http://letsecondserve.blogspot.co.il...ification.html (New!)

TT Singles: 105 (Best: 80) 2011: Fürth CH W, Izmir CH W, Seoul CH W, Sao Jose Do Rio Preto CH W; 2012: Tiburon CH W
TT Doubles: 48 (Best: 42) 2011: Izmir CH W (w/ Mahqz); 2012: US Open SF (w/Mahqz), Tiburon CH W (w/Mahqz), Antalya Fut W (w/Mahqz); 2013: Winston Salem W (w/Mahqz), US Open SF (w/Mahqz)
No.1vak Djokovic!

"Is something unbelievable how he returns, no? His return probably is one of the best of the history. That's my opinion, no? I never played against a player who's able to return like this. Almost every time." - R. Nadal about N. Djokovic
appleGirl is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:31 PM   #79
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleGirl View Post
You can see the original of this table here:

Group A - http://letsecondserve.blogspot.co.il...ification.html
Group B - http://letsecondserve.blogspot.co.il...ification.html (New!)
Awesome, thanks
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #80
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the table makes it easier to see instead of paragraphs of scenarios.

One thing I would suggest though is to order te rows and columns of the tables differently, order them, Murray 2-0, Murray 2-1, Tsonga 2-1, Tsonga 2-0, and the same type of thing for Nole/Berdych, IMO it makes it easier to we the gradual change of what happens from result to result. For example in that case the first 3 columns would have Nole advancing so he only needs 1 set, instead of 2 columns with him advancing then the Berdych 2-0 column where he wouldn't wrap a spot up yet, and then another column where e advances, its not as easy to see things like that with the current ordering

Or maybe its just me but that's how I'd order that table

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:10 PM   #81
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

So now that Djokovic has won in 2, 3 of the 4 scenarios will get Murray through. Only a straight sets loss to Tsonga would be enough for Jo to get the second semi-final spot.

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Old 11-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #82
country flag incognito

incognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond reputeincognito has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga must be surprised that he's still in the mix for a SF spot, that is if anyone has even told him. Beating Murray won't be an easy task, but if he's going to do it, his best chance is a straight sets win. That will only happen if Murray doesn't get his ground game going, if it goes to three sets Murray will grind his way through to a win...
incognito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 07:33 PM   #83
country flag Lopez

Murray wins a set, he's qualified. Djokovic qualifies first and Murray qualifies second.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #84
country flag Mateya
Mateja Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

Come oooonnnn, Muzz

Tsonga aka Clownga is just a regular top 20 player thesedays.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #85
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I read a British poster (Roamed) say that Murray would have the afternoon semifinal, can anyone confirm ?

it's better to have more rest before the final next day, esp. as I think the second semi will start quite late.