USA politics thread. - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #286
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barack Obama has won reelection in the 2012 United States election.

A little bit of fact for the right

scoobs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2012, 12:52 PM   #287
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
1) I don't want them to do that in my country

2) We are not in a position to give the World moral lesson on freedom, tolerance and human rights.
As regards what shirt a Muslim immigrant wears or what music he listens to, aren't the above two sentences contradictory?
Old 11-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #288
country flag Har-Tru
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Har-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond reputeHar-Tru has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.european-freedom-initiati...gium&Itemid=58
Har-Tru is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #289
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Barack Trashing scrubs left and right
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #290
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

The David Petraeus scandal is juicy. Two women are involved and the woman accused of having the affair with Petraeus, Paula Broadwell, left harassing emails to a State Department's liaison to the military's Joint Special Operations Command:

Biographer’s E-Mails to Woman Led F.B.I. to Petraeus
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/11/us...us-affair.html

The F.B.I. investigation that led to the sudden resignation of David H. Petraeus as C.I.A. director on Friday began with a complaint several months ago about “harassing” e-mails sent by Paula Broadwell, Mr. Petraeus’s biographer, to another woman who knows both of them, two government officials briefed on the case said Saturday.

When F.B.I. agents following up on the complaint began to examine Ms. Broadwell’s e-mails, they discovered exchanges between her and Mr. Petraeus that revealed that they were having an affair, said several officials who spoke of the investigation on the condition of anonymity. They also discovered that Ms. Broadwell possessed certain classified information, one official said, but apparently concluded that it was probably not Mr. Petraeus who had given it to her and that there had been no major breach of security. No leak charges are expected to be filed as a result of the investigation.

The identity of the woman who complained about the harassing messages from Ms. Broadwell has not been disclosed. She was not a family member or in the government, the officials said, and the nature of her relationship with Mr. Petraeus was not immediately known. But they said the two women seemed to be competing for Mr. Petraeus’s loyalty, if not his affection.

One Congressional official who was briefed on the matter said senior intelligence officials explained that the F.B.I. investigation “started with two women” — evidently Ms. Broadwell and the woman who complained about her e-mails. “It didn’t start with Petraeus, but in the course of the investigation they stumbled across him,” said the Congressional official. “We were stunned.”

Ms. Broadwell has made no statement since the affair became public on Friday, and attempts to reach her for comment have been unsuccessful.

The circumstances surrounding the collapse of Mr. Petraeus’s career remain murky. It is not clear when Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. or Robert S. Mueller III, the director of the F.B.I., became aware that the F.B.I.’s investigation into Ms. Broadwell’s e-mails had brought to light compromising information about Mr. Petraeus. Tracy Schmaler, a spokeswoman for Mr. Holder, declined to comment Saturday.

Neither the Congressional Intelligence Committees nor the White House learned of the investigation or the link to Mr. Petraeus until last week, officials said. Neither did Mr. Petraeus’s boss, James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence.

A senior intelligence official said Saturday that Mr. Clapper had learned of Mr. Petraeus’s situation only when the F.B.I. notified him, about 5 p.m. on Tuesday, election night. That evening and the next day, the official said, the two men discussed the situation, and Mr. Clapper told Mr. Petraeus “that he thought the right thing to do would be to resign,” the intelligence official said.

Mr. Clapper notified the president’s senior national security staff late Wednesday that Mr. Petraeus was considering resigning because of an extramarital affair, the official said.

The decisions on when to notify various administration officials, including Mr. Clapper on Tuesday, were “a judgment call consistent with policies and procedures,” according to one of the government officials who had been briefed.

If the investigation had uncovered serious security breaches or other grave problems, he said, the notifications would have been immediate. As it was, however, the matter seemed to involve private relationships with little implication for national security.

Some Congressional staff members said they believed that the bureau should have informed at least the Republican and Democratic leaders of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees about the unfolding inquiry. A spokesman for Representative Mike Rogers, a Michigan Republican who heads the House Intelligence Committee, said the lawmaker had summoned Sean Joyce, the F.B.I.’s deputy director, and Michael J. Morrell, the deputy C.I.A. director, for closed briefings on Wednesday about the investigation.

Eric Cantor, the House majority leader, said Saturday an F.B.I. employee whom his staff described as a whistle-blower told him about Mr. Petraeus’s affair and a possible security breach in late October, which was after the investigation had begun.

“I was contacted by an F.B.I. employee concerned that sensitive, classified information may have been compromised and made certain Director Mueller was aware of these serious allegations and the potential risk to our national security,” Mr. Cantor said in a statement.

Mr. Cantor talked to the person after being told by Representative Dave Reichert, Republican of Washington, that a whistle-blower wanted to speak to someone in the Congressional leadership about a national security concern. On Oct. 31, his chief of staff, Steve Stombres, called the F.B.I. to tell them about the call.

“They took the information,” said Doug Heye, Mr. Cantor’s deputy chief of staff, “and gave the standard answer: they were not able to confirm or deny any investigation, but said that all necessary steps were being taken to make sure no confidential information was at risk.”

White House officials said they were informed on Wednesday night that Mr. Petraeus was considering resigning because of an extramarital affair. On Thursday morning, just before a staff meeting at the White House, President Obama was told.

That afternoon, Mr. Petraeus went to see him and informed him that he strongly believed he had to resign. Mr. Obama did not accept his resignation right away, but on Friday, he called Mr. Petraeus and accepted it.

Mr. Petraeus, 60, said in a statement that he was resigning after 14 months as head of the Central Intelligence Agency because he had shown “extremely poor judgment” in engaging in the affair. He has been married for 38 years.

Ms. Broadwell, 40, is also married. She and her husband have two children and live in Charlotte, N.C.

On Saturday, the two government officials who had been briefed on the case dismissed a range of media speculation that the F.B.I. inquiry might have focused on leaks of classified information to the news media or even foreign spying. “People think that because it’s the C.I.A. director, it must involve bigger issues,” one official said. “Think of a small circle of people who know each other.”

The F.B.I. investigators were not pursuing evidence of Mr. Petraeus’s marital infidelity, which would not be a criminal matter, the official said. But their examination of his e-mails, most or all of them sent from a personal account and not from his C.I.A. account, raised the possibility of security breaches that needed to be addressed directly with him.

“Alarms went off on larger security issues,” the official said. As a result, F.B.I. agents spoke with the C.I.A. director about two weeks ago, and Mr. Petraeus learned in the discussion, if he was not already aware, that they knew of his affair with Ms. Broadwell, the official said.

Last edited by Filo V. : 11-11-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #291
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Jill Kelley Received Emails From Paula Broadwell On David Petraeus:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...irst-to-house/

The identity emerged Sunday of the woman who purportedly received harassing emails from CIA Director David Petraeus’ biographer that eventually led to an FBI investigation, then Petraeus’ resignation.

A senior military official said the woman is a State Department's liaison to the military's Joint Special Operations Command.

The official identified her as 37-year-old Jill Kelley, in Tampa, Fla., according to the Associated Press.

The emails from Petraeus biographer Paula Broadwell triggered the FBI investigation.

The official was not authorized to discuss the case publicly and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Another person who knows Kelley and Petraeus confirmed their friendship and said she saw him often.

Petraeus quit as CIA director last week after acknowledging an extramarital relationship with a woman -- later identified as Broadwell.

The FBI probe began several months ago with a complaint against Broadwell. That investigation led to Broadwell's email account, which uncovered the relationship with Petraeus.

Petraeus’ resignation was announced Friday, but new details continue to emerge about the affair between the former four-star Army general and Broadwell, a West Point graduate.

The first knowledge of the affair outside the FBI came from an FBI whistle-blower who contacted a Capitol Hill Republican who told House Majority Leader Eric Cantor.

Rep. Dave Reichert, R-Wash., got a tip from a friend who knew the whistle-blower, as reported by The New York Times.

Sources tell Fox News that Reichert talked to the whistle-blower, then referred him to Cantor. The whistle-blower talked to the majority leader’s office, then to Cantor directly. The whistle-blower -- who purportedly was concerned about a possible national security breach --was then put in touch with FBI Director Robert Mueller.

"Our office stands by the accuracy of the New York Times article as it pertains to Rep. Reichert,” the congressman’s office said Sunday.” We have no further comment about our involvement."

It appears the whistle-blower has yet to claim legal whistle-blower status.

Cantor staffers said they didn't immediately tell the House Intelligence Committee or chamber leaders because they didn't know whether the tip was credible. So they turned it over to the FBI.

The investigation led first to Broadwell’s email account then to Petraeus’ personal account.

No security breaches appear to have occurred in the email exchange, but Capitol Hill lawmakers expressed shock and disappointment about the stunning revelations and said Petraeus made the correct choice in resigning.

“It was like a lightning bolt,” Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, chairman of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, told “Fox News Sunday.” “I’m heartbroken. This is very, very hard. But I do think he did the right thing.”

Reports suggest the investigation started months ago and that Director of National Intelligence James Clapper was informed of the findings at 5 p.m. Tuesday.

President Obama first learned Thursday when told by Petraeus, according to reporting so far.

Closed-door House and Senate intelligence committee hearings are scheduled Thursday on the incidents surrounding the fatal Libya attacks. Petraeus -- who reportedly conducted his own, on-the-ground investigation – is no longer scheduled to testify.

However, Feinstein and Georgia Sen. Saxby Chambliss, the ranking Republican on the Senate intelligence committee, said Sunday that Petraeus could later be called to testify.

“I wouldn’t rule out Gen. Petraeus being called to testify,” Chambliss said on ABC’s “This Week.”

Broadwell told Fox News earlier this year when talking about the biography “All In: The Education of General David Petraeus” that she met Petraeus when she was a post-graduate student at Harvard and he came to the university to speak.

They kept in touch via email and went running together when she came to Washington, Broadwell said on Don Imus’ Fox Business show.

“He gave me his card,” said Broadwell, who co-wrote the book. “We kept in touch.”

Broadwell also called Petraeus’ wife of 38 years, Holly Petraeus, “a wonderful military spouse.”

FBI spokesman Paul Bresson has declined to comment on the information that the affair had been discovered in the course of an investigation by the agency.

A senior staffer with the House Intelligence Committee tells Fox News that Chairman Mike Rogers, R-Mich., has been briefed on the resignation and has “serious questions and serious concerns about the resignation and circumstances surrounding it."

Sources tell Fox News that there is serious concern whether the chairman and ranking members of the committee were given appropriate notification by the FBI that Petraeus’ name had surfaced within the scope of an investigation.

Petraeus, who turned 60 on Wednesday, met his wife when he was a cadet at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y. She was the daughter of the academy superintendent. They have two children, and their son led an infantry platoon in Afghanistan.

Holly Petraeus also works in the Obama administration, for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

In a message to staff, Petraeus said he asked "to be allowed" to step down.

"After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours," the retired four-star general said. "This afternoon, the president graciously accepted my resignation."

The move comes amid the unfolding controversy surrounding the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya. Scrutiny has fallen on a range of agencies, including the CIA.

Obama, in a written statement, said Petraeus provided "extraordinary service to the United States for decades."

"By any measure, he was one of the outstanding general officers of his generation, helping our military adapt to new challenges, and leading our men and women in uniform through a remarkable period of service in Iraq and Afghanistan, where he helped our nation put those wars on a path to a responsible end," Obama said.

The White House has named Michael Morell, the agency's deputy director, to serve as acting director.

The decision abruptly ends the public-service career of one of the military's most vaunted leaders. He led the surge in Iraq, and was later tapped to lead U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan -- following two years at the helm of U.S. Central Command. In April 2011, Obama again tapped Petraeus to lead the CIA.

He left just three days after Obama was elected to a second term, and amid a challenging environment for the country's intelligence community -- which is dealing with not just rogue nations like Iran, but a changing landscape elsewhere as a result of the Arab Spring. It has been confirmed that the U.S. compound that was attacked in Libya housed CIA operatives as well as State Department staff.

The intelligence community subsequently came under scrutiny when some officials suggested the administration initially claimed the attack was "spontaneous" only because of the intelligence assessments at the time.

Clapper said Friday that Petraeus' resignation "represents the loss of one of our nation's most-respected public servants."

Lawmakers on Capitol Hill expressed similar sentiments.

"Gen. David Petraeus will stand in the ranks of America's greatest military heroes. His inspirational leadership and his genius were directly responsible -- after years of failure -- for the success of the surge in Iraq," Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said. "General Petraeus has devoted his life to serving the country he loves, and America is so much the better for it."
Old 11-11-2012, 10:53 PM   #292
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

The FBI is being accused of not giving the details of their investigation and Petaeus' involvement until very recently although they've known for a few months. This is a pretty bad scandal. The cheating isn't the big deal but everything else.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:33 PM   #293
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

All aboard, Obama wants to drive Titanic into the huge iceberg! Very brave from mr Obama, he will be remembered as the one who sank the whole thing but no one would be find any solutions sitting where Obama is sitting right now.

2-3 years I give the dollar as world reserve currency until it all falls apart.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #294
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
As regards what shirt a Muslim immigrant wears or what music he listens to, aren't the above two sentences contradictory?
A more global approach is required, here.
Repression exists in our Western countries (at least in mine). With regards to many different things (e.g. traffic, historic research).
Tolerance is not respected in my country (e.g. the Christmas Tree on the Grand Place).

With regards to what clothes we have to wear, many youngsters are just merely following fashion. It's not their free and educated choice. Pasolini already noticed that. What's more Muslim women are no longer allowed to wear a veil in public school (even non face-covering). Do you call that freedom?

With regards to music, I'm really fed up with all that shit that filled my ears whenever I go to public places. That music is not the one I want to hear and yet I have to. Those hip-hop singers who were pouring out their hatred of society, have all been sponsored by left-wing governments, who left aside the singers who gave much more conservative message. And what is weird to me is that a few days ago, you accused me of insulting my parents which was not my intention while hip-hop singers saying "Fuck Ya Mother" or similar insane talks are indifferent to you. This is not a matter of repression but education ...

Generally speaking, our liberal/capitalist civilization, which started 2 centuries (and a half) ago is responsible for so much destruction, violence, ugliness, bestiality and even social inequalities (along with a great technological advancement), that I don't think we have any moral lesson to give to the World. What is OUR assessment?
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 AM   #295
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Repression exists in our Western countries (at least in mine). With regards to many different things (e.g. traffic, historic research).
Tolerance is not respected in my country (e.g. the Christmas Tree on the Grand Place).

With regards to what clothes we have to wear, many youngsters are just merely following fashion. It's not their free and educated choice. Pasolini already noticed that. What's more Muslim women are no longer allowed to wear a veil in public school (even non face-covering). Do you call that freedom?

With regards to music, I'm really fed up with all that shit that filled my ears whenever I go to public places. That music is not the one I want to hear and yet I have to. Those hip-hop singers who were pouring out their hatred of society, have all been sponsored by left-wing governments, who left aside the singers who gave much more conservative message. And what is weird to me is that a few days ago, you accused me of insulting my parents which was not my intention while hip-hop singers saying "Fuck Ya Mother" or similar insane talks are indifferent to you. This is not a matter of repression but education ...

Generally speaking, our liberal/capitalist civilization, which started 2 centuries (and a half) ago is responsible for so much destruction, violence, ugliness, bestiality and even social inequalities (along with a great technological advancement), that I don't think we have any moral lesson to give to the World. What is OUR assessment?
Christmas tree is a sign of no tolerance? Really? That is sick, I mean we the people of origin in Europe who had ancestors living here since over 10000 years ago obviously should stay the dominant culture and I wont accept demographic shifts that will radically change what my country and Europe as a whole always has been. Ofcourse, I am all for muslims to wear their veils as long as they stop complaining about christian and european pagan traditions (like christmas trees), if I move to Dubai which is the most free country in Middle east I would never get citizenship and neither would my children because you need to be ethnically arab to get citizenship.

Tolerance shouldnt be a one way street, so please spare me this lecture about europeans beeing intolerant. Capitalism and western civilisation has caused alot of evil and good things like most other kind of power structure that ever existed. All civilizations had slavery (I think except Persia), all civilizations were uphelt by the power of the sword (or gunpowder).
Old 11-13-2012, 12:35 AM   #296
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This whole post...I just don't know what to say.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:40 AM   #297
country flag Echoes

Echoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond reputeEchoes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Christmas tree is a sign of no tolerance? Really? That is sick, I mean we the people of origin in Europe who had ancestors living here since over 10000 years ago obviously should stay the dominant culture and I wont accept demographic shifts that will radically change what my country and Europe as a whole always has been.
Oh my bad, I didn't express myself correctly, I think. In Brussels, the Mayor and the Town Council decided to REMOVE the Christmas Tree from the Grand Place, this year, under the false excuse that it hurt Muslims, while it's rather based on their anti-religiosity.
Echoes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #298
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh my bad, I didn't express myself correctly, I think. In Brussels, the Mayor decided to REMOVE the Christmas Tree from the Grand Place, this year, under the false excuse that it hurt Muslims, while it's rather based on their anti-religiosity.
Ok, that makes more sense
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #299
country flag sexybeast

Quote:
Oh my bad, I didn't express myself correctly, I think. In Brussels, the Mayor and the Town Council decided to REMOVE the Christmas Tree from the Grand Place, this year, under the false excuse that it hurt Muslims, while it's rather based on their anti-religiosity.
Oh, sorry. That is really stupid decision.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:59 AM   #300
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

I recently read a good article that differentiated between ''offensive'' and ''being offended.'' It said that there will always be potentially offensive things in a free society, but people that are offended by them have chosen to be offended. If everyone simply chose not to be offended, then the world would be a better place.