USA politics thread. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-06-2012, 11:12 PM   #1
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default USA politics thread.

OK everyone so I've made this thread to discuss the details of what happens tonight in the state to state polls, in senate polls and also other state amendments such as marriage equality and marijuana. Everyone is free to add their input but please don't start talking about creationism in this thread!

Last edited by Filo V. : 11-13-2012 at 03:04 PM.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #2
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA Election Day Thread!

Marijuana will pass in my state (Colorado) which I disagree with, and honestly same sex marriage should be allowed in any state

P.S. Obama will win, not that I support him or anything but because that stats are in his favor.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:16 PM   #3
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Indiana and Kentucky has already been called for ROMNEY.

Vermont has already been called for OBAMA.

These results were to be expected.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #4
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

VA exit polls:
Romney leads <.5% (dead heat
Kaine leads 2%

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/...0#.UJmoz8VG8bQ

Exit polls have very good numbers for Obama. Notably, most believe the economy is improving and blame Bush for the weak economy currently:

President Obama scored better on the economy today than Mitt Romney probably would have liked, according to preliminary results from a national exit poll of voters just released.

The preliminary results show that more voters say the economy is getting better rather than getting worse by a rate of 38 to 32 percent.

And four years after Obama was elected, more voters -- 51 percent -- still blame George W. Bush for the weak economy rather than Obama. The exit polls found that 40 percent of voters blamed Obama for the state of the economy.

Voting booths are still open across the country, and the first wave of them, including the battleground state of Virginia, will close at 7 p.m.

But the national exit poll indicates that Obama ended the campaign on a higher note on several counts. For instance, Obama beat Romney 52 to 44 percent on the question of who is more in touch with the public.

But Romney is winning early on a key question in the exit poll: Who can better handle the economy? He scored 50 percent to Obama's 47 percent there.

More than half of voters said Romney's policies would benefit the rich, while 43 percent said Obama's policies favor the middle class.

Those national results are reflected in two key states, Ohio and Virginia. It is widely thought that if Obama wins both of those states, Romney's chances of winning the election are tiny.

First, Ohio: voters widely approved of the auto bailout, 59 to 36 percent, according to preliminary results. The bailout was one of Obama's loudest battle cries in the Midwest, most likely because an op-ed Romney wrote called "Let Detroit Go Bankrupt" handicapped him among blue-collar voters. Also in the Buckeye State, more voters said Obama favored the middle class than Romney did, and the president won the "who is more in touch" contest as well.

Romney, however, pulled even with Obama in Ohio on who is better to handle the economy.

In Virginia, which Obama painted blue in 2008 for the first time in decades, more voters say the economy is getting better than getting worse, though Romney beat Obama by 8 points on who would handle the economy best.

Other questions in Virginia were pretty close. Voters divided in their view of the Obama administration, 51 percent positive and 48 percent negative. Fifty percent blamed Bush for the bad economy; 46 percent blamed Obama.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #6
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

Leaked exit poll supposedly shows Obama +4 in OH and PA

Robredo, Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
Old 11-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Early exit numbers from Virginia give mixed positive/negative signals for Romney and Obama. Turnout from minority voters in VA is seen to be right around where it was in 2008. Also there is a gender gap with 53% of women according to the exit poll in favor of Obama. However, Romney is considerably leading the white vote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...s-in-virginia/
Exit poll: Romney dominates among whites in Virginia

Polls have closed in the battleground state of Virginia, and the race is tight: Mitt Romney leads among men 53 percent to 45 percent in the early CBS News exit poll, while President Obama leads among women 53 percent to 46 percent. Women are 53 percent of the electorate in this early exit poll, while men are 47 percent of the electorate.

There is a large racial divide among voters. White voters - who are 70 percent of the electorate - are breaking 64 percent to 35 percent for Romney. That includes white women, who support Romney 61 percent to 39 percent. Black voters, who make up 20 percent of the electorate, overwhelmingly favor Mr. Obama: 94 percent to six percent.

There was also a large gap when it comes to age. Mr. Obama led by 16 percentage points among voters age 18-24, by 25 points among voters age 25-29, and by 14 points among voters age 30-39. Romney led by two points among voters 40-49, by nine points among voters 50-64, and by 14 points among voters 65 and older. Voters 50-64 were the largest of these groups, making up 31 percent of the electorate.

Virginians making under $50,000 break for the president 61 percent to 38 percent; those making $100,000 or more support Romney 55 percent to 43 percent. Romney also has a 9 point lead among those making between $50,000 and $100,000.

Those who have served in the military favor Romney 55 percent to 44 percent; the candidates are split 50-50 among Virginians who attend religious services weekly. Women without children favor Mr. Obama by 10 percentage points; women with children favor Romney by seven points.

These are early exit poll numbers and do not reflect the final exit poll.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:31 PM   #8
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

These are the supposed exit poll numbers currently being circulated. If they are valid, it's basically win Obama, sign sealed and delivered:

http://politicalwire.com/archives/20...#disqus_thread

7:00 - Virginia - Tied

7:30 - North Carolina - Romney +1

7:30 - Ohio - Obama +4

8:00 - Florida - Romney +1

8:00 - New Hampshire - Obama +3

8:00 - Pennsylvania - Obama +4

9:00 - Colorado - Tied

9:00 - Minnesota - Obama +4

9:00 - Wisconsin - Obama +4

10:00 - Iowa (wave 1) Obama +3

10:00 - Nevada (wave 1) Obama +5

It's best to ignore exit polls, though, could be fake, and what we definitely know is they aren't 100% fact.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #9
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Obama ahead 52-48 in Florida with 25% votes counted.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:38 PM   #10
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Just because polls have closed in states does not mean people are not voting in those states. It just means you no longer can drive to the voting booth and be accepted. You will be turned away.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #11
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

West Virginia has been called for ROMNEY.

Again, very expected result.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #12
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

Hey, you use PoliticalWire? I thought I was the only one...

Old 11-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #13
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Eric Cantor, House Majority leader and evil Republican, won his 7th term in Virginia's 7th district today.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:45 PM   #14
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
Hey, you use PoliticalWire? I thought I was the only one...
Occasionally
Old 11-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #15
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

South Carolina has been declared for ROMNEY.

Another conservative state and expected win for Mitt.