improving ROS - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
country flag a1canada

a1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond repute
Default improving ROS

Milos can't make the next step without improving his return game, any thought on what he can likely improve on most (realisticly).
He's changed coaches this year from blanco to lubicic, and now lubicic has just added Piatti to the mix,
Does anyone have any Info where they will train? And info Piatti/lubicic are more likely to improve his ROS where blanco wasn't able to?
a1canada is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
country flag a1canada

a1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond reputea1canada has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: improving ROS

I'm guessing milos hasn't started his training yet with piatti/lubicic, since he just hosted a charity event, hopefully he gets to work soon, and comes out of the gate firing in 2014!
a1canada is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
country flag a1canada

Just looking at some of the 2013 stats, and milos was basically the #6 player on hardcourts, with a 36/12 record, helped by his #2 stats indoors of 15/4 . Obviously clay/grass hurts his ranking .

Some other stats he will be able to improve on are 20-19 tiebreak record, and double faults were high this season for some reason, about a 4 to 1 , ace/double fault, when he's playing well it has been more like 8 to 1.
I noticed double faults didn't cause him too much trouble, even when he lost serve the odd time, a couple of matches double faults did cause him tiebreak losses though.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
country flag a1canada

No obvious improvement in his backhand in his first 2 matches at the hopman cup, I wan't expecting much, after seeing he didn't go to monte carlo until early december, had about 3 weeks, but I guess it's pretty important to get rest leading into a long season.

Looks like he may try some strategy change by charging the net a bit more on ROS on key points.

Hopefully they'll work hard on his backhand thru the season, and it improves as the season goes on.