Most Declined Player of 2012 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 AM   #61
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Declined Player of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
The guy who's name is like Dolgopolov but begins with a B
bon jovi

anyway, young's losing streak was hilarious

could not win a match no matter what he did

needs to take tips from Bribeger Frauderer obviously
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 11:53 AM   #62
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah it was a bad year for US players. Don't forget also Sweeting from 72 at end of 2011 (inflated by his win at Houston) to out of the top 150 today.

Adrian Mannarino also had a terrible year, he was inside top 50 in July 2011 to 198th today... Lost more than 100 places this year (87 to 198). Schoorel also was inside top 100 in July 2011 and is 231th today.

Prodon is probably the biggest slump for a player in the top 100 at the end of last year, he lost nearly 200 places (from 97 to 288 today) !

Honorable mention to :
- Stephane Robert from 105 to 251th
- Marsel Ilhan from 111 to 262th
- Nikola Ciric from 185 to 346th
- Laurynas Grigelis from 198 to 400th
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #63
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Ilhan and Grigelis definitely deserve mentions. Grigelis seems to be focused more on doubles now. Ilhan had an awful year, looked to be progressing a year and a half ago and has completely stalled. Robert, Mannarino and Prodon had injury issues.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #64
country flag ciprianned

ciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond reputeciprianned has a reputation beyond repute

J. Pospisil , Olaso , Bozoljac , Gremelmayr , Heliovaara
Old 11-05-2012, 02:47 PM   #65
country flag Chip & Charge

Chip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond reputeChip & Charge has a reputation beyond repute

Granollers win % for 2012 was 48.89% and Andujar's was 40.43%, Robin Haase has also been sliding steadily down the rankings and he will fall a lot further if he doesn't defend Kitzbuhel again
Chip & Charge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #66
country flag mooncreek

mooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond reputemooncreek has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know a player who looked worse from beginning to end of a season than Tomic. The ranking doesn't reflect it due to how he played in January but wow was he horrid at the end.

I'd say Fish but that's mostly a health issue. Ditto Monfils. Bogo and DY are the two with no serious health issues who really fell.

The Brian Baker Story. Proof that truth is stranger than fiction... until Hollywood buys the rights and proceeds to keep screwing the script up.
mooncreek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #67
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting some of you say Stebe.

Numerically, yes. But level wise, I think he's got better. Pushed some good players close. Tsonga, Cilic, Monaco & Gasquet all were given good matches this year by Cedrik and they all had great years.

Just had bad luck this year and scheduled awfully, never turning up to any of the challengers he was due to play. Could have quite easily finished top 100 of he wasn't injured currently and had played Rome, Nottingham, St. Remy and Petange earlier in the year instead of not bothering.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #68
country flag superganon

superganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond reputesuperganon has a reputation beyond repute

these two is kinda obvious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMnit...eature=related
superganon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #69
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

Robin Haase. Looked promising about a year ago, but in the past couple of months he's been a total mess. I think he lost eight first-round matches in successive tournaments he played.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #70
country flag kiriri***

kiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond reputekiriri*** has a reputation beyond repute

Petzschner He could only reach in s'Hertogenbosch. He was very poor form entire this year.

Troicki, Young, and Bogomolov No comments
kiriri*** is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #71
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Young, Bogo, Flo Mayer, Montańes, Troicki...
Old 12-01-2012, 09:05 PM   #72
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Among top players, Tsonga by far. He's a shadow of what he was 12 months ago, hardly a threat to beat any top player at the moment, the QF vs Nole in Paris was the last good match he played. He has truly become Clownga, missing every other return and spraying a gazillion UEs per match. Hope he can find himself again soon.
I agree. I also thought of Tsonga right away. But I hope in his case it's a slump, not a decline.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #73
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

If the number 2 and 3 plsyers from 2004 were
half as good as Tsonga, they'd be beaming with pride.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:53 PM   #74
country flag Mateya
Oldteya :o

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

Another honorable mention, people always forget him:

J.I.Chela - from 29 in january to 177 right now.

He'll be 34 in august, retirement is surely coming soon.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, Goran Dragič, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:56 PM   #75
country flag Forehander

Forehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal and Federer