Masters in the Top 8 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Masterful top 8?

The top 8 minus Del Po are all masters in strong era 8 53.33%
Weak era they should all have multiple masters 7 46.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2012, 04:41 PM   #31
country flag Murray Mint

Murray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond reputeMurray Mint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Masters in the Top 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
In the top 8, Ferrer has a winning H2H against Berdych, Tsonga and Del Potro. Tsonga has a losing H2H against everyone.
I think this is why the people that love that trio seem to hate Ferrer so much. The Tsonga point figures, he's the worst of the bunch and the one at most risk of slipping away down the rankings. The DelPo/Jo/Berdy club is the most annoying one on here.

You'd think they might be able to appreciate that a guy without the physical gifts and natural talent of the others is outperforming them through determination, hard-work and grit, but no.... they're just bitter.
Murray Mint is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #32
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noserer View Post
These Ferrertards need to calm down. I like the guy, but his fans are getting more and more annoying.
Not as annoying as how much bash he gets from you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
You want a fact? Lets ignore Tipsarevic since he's in reality the World Number 9 and take Nadal instead.

Djokovic has beaten every other member of the top 8.
Federer has beaten every other member of the top 8.
Murray has beaten every other member of the top 8.
Nadal has beaten every other member of the top 8.
Berdych has beaten every other member of the top 8.
Tsonga has beaten every other member of the top 8.
Del Potro has beaten every other member of the top 8.
Ferrer has beaten... oh wait...
And yet he has a positive record against players ranked below him.

del potro has beaten Djokovic twice and Murray once, whereas Ferrer has beaten them five times each.
Tsonga has a negative record against 7 of 8 in the WTF and is tied in the other one.
Berdych only has a postive record against Tsonga and Murray (tnx silver lining for the correction).
Tipsarevic only has a positive record against Berdych

Last edited by dencod16 : 11-04-2012 at 06:23 PM.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #33
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you even bother to check this? Ferrer won Stuttgart 2006 and s-Hertogenbosch 2008, beating Berdych and Del Potro in the semis of each tournament. The fact is most of his wins are in the quarters, though, and in the semis he tends to meet Federer or Nadal.

In the top 8, Ferrer has a winning H2H against Berdych, Tsonga and Del Potro. Tsonga has a losing H2H against everyone.
Tsonga is the only player ever to beat all of the Big 3 - Federer, Nadal and Djokovic - in Grand Slam play though, so his ability to beat the best on the biggest stages can't be in question.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:06 PM   #34
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Tsonga is the only player ever to beat all of the Big 3 - Federer, Nadal and Djokovic - in Grand Slam play though, so his ability to beat the best on the biggest stages can't be in question.
why did you change your avatar to vulture?
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #35
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

weak era bro stop trying to sneak through nonsense, the top 4 won like all the masters and grand slams practically the last 4 years, that alone speaks volumes of the strength of the era, weak, bad bad players outside top 5 unable to break through

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #36
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did you even bother to check this? Ferrer won Stuttgart 2006 and s-Hertogenbosch 2008, beating Berdych and Del Potro in the semis of each tournament. The fact is most of his wins are in the quarters, though, and in the semis he tends to meet Federer or Nadal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post

del potro has beaten Djokovic twice and Murray once, whereas Ferrer has beaten them five times each.
Tsonga has a negative record against 7 of 8 in the WTF and is tied in the other one.
Berdych only has a postive record against Tsonga.

Owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #37
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

weak era

wouldn't be winning anything in a strong era like the 80s or 90s
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #38
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
why did you change your avatar to vulture?
he lost a bet i think
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #39
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Trust Lenders to pick the most obscure picture of Ferrer he can find (I wouldn't have recognised him off a first glance)
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #40
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
he didnt beat Djokovic....Novak was leading 2 sets to 1 and then he puked his guts out and that was that
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #41
country flag Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post

Berdych only has a postive record against Tsonga.
Untrue. To my dismay he also has a positive record against Murray.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:20 PM   #42
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
Robert has turned into one of the biggest clowns this board has ever seen lately.

Seems like lately he's been getting confused between how much he wants to suck Ferrer's cock and what a mug Ferrer really is.
+1. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Trust Lenders to pick the most obscure picture of Ferrer he can find (I wouldn't have recognised him off a first glance)
I didn't choose the pic, it was chosen by the dude I lost the bet to. If he wants me to change it, I will.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:25 PM   #43
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver lining View Post
Untrue. To my dismay he also has a positive record against Murray.
Edited. glad that he has a winning record against Murray, cause i like Berdych one of the few that likes him.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote