Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3 - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2012, 06:34 PM   #166
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris F: (4) Ferrer def (Q) Janowicz 6-4 6-3

Very deserved title, he has been too good not to win one of these.

Great year from Dave. The REAL no.5, the official no.5, the superior player compared to the likes of Berdych, Potro,Tsomga etc.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #167
country flag mystic ice cube

mystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond reputemystic ice cube has a reputation beyond repute

Very happy for David. He completely deserves a big title. As for Janowicz - great to see him have a great tournament. I hope he builds on this.

FEDERER - DEL POTRO - DIMITROV

Haas Tsonga Djokovic Janowicz Dolgopolov Gulbis Wawrinka Kyrgios

Hewitt is a legend

Get well soon Soderking & Juan
mystic ice cube is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #168
country flag masterclass

masterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond reputemasterclass has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateya View Post

Happy for hard working Ferrer, a true professional unlike some other players.

Watched most of the match and was not too impressed by this Janowicz. A serve&dropshot-bot, with average groundstrokes.
Some people here are mentioning high quality tennis in the 1st set. If Janowicz dumping backhands into the net, forehands all over the place is high quality for you, then you have very low standards.
Alltogether he played about 30 dropshots and won about quarter of those points and made 42UE in two sets. The best he did today was hitting a few 230km/h serves in the beggining of the match (the fastest was 242km/h) and hit some nice forehands winners from time to time.

I know he was tired today, I'm just talking about today's performance which wasn't great like some people say.
Ferrer was his usual self.
Miss Mateya, you are correct that Janowicz didn't play so well today, but too bad you chose this day to make an "not impressed" analysis about his low quality game. I guess you missed getting a more overall impression in his other outstanding matches leading up to the final dumping 2 top 10's (inc. US Open winner Murray) and 2 other top 20 players. Here you watched Janowicz in the final on his 8th match in 9 days. Of course he was tired.

To call him a serve&dropshot bot is laughable coming from someone like you who plays the game. Watch his other matches from this past week. He moves very well for his size, better than any of the other tall players in my opinion, and has a solid backhand defending and a seriously powerful forehand. That's why his drop shot is so effective. When his power forehand his working and forcing the opponent backwards behind the baseline, the disguised drop shot becomes an excellent combination, resulting in a winner or forced error. His percentages before today were much, much better. Even when he is not making them, they still force the other player to run like a chicken and tire themselves to exhaustion, ala Tipsarevic.

One would be hard pressed to find many other players that were able to win a Masters from qualifying since they were instituted back in the 90's. I find this a fine achievement.

Why must people be so negative here?

Respectfully,
masterclass
masterclass is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #169
country flag Mateya
Mateja Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterclass View Post
Miss Mateya, you are correct that Janowicz didn't play so well today, but too bad you chose this day to make an "not impressed" analysis about his low quality game. I guess you missed getting a more overall impression in his other outstanding matches leading up to the final dumping 2 top 10's (inc. US Open winner Murray) and 2 other top 20 players. Here you watched Janowicz in the final on his 8th match in 9 days. Of course he was tired.

To call him a serve&dropshot bot is laughable coming from someone like you who plays the game. Watch his other matches from this past week. He moves very well for his size, better than any of the other tall players in my opinion, and has a solid backhand defending and a seriously powerful forehand. That's why his drop shot is so effective. When his power forehand his working and forcing the opponent backwards behind the baseline, the disguised drop shot becomes an excellent combination, resulting in a winner or forced error. His percentages before today were much, much better. Even when he is not making them, they still force the other player to run like a chicken and tire themselves to exhaustion, ala Tipsarevic.

One would be hard pressed to find many other players that were able to win a Masters from qualifying since they were instituted back in the 90's. I find this a fine achievement.

Why must people be so negative here?

Respectfully,
masterclass
Dear Masterclass.
I pointed out that I was talking about today's performance. I know that he isn't a serve-bot (or serve&dropshot-bot) otherwise he wouldn't make the final here. From what I heard this week I was probably expecting too much from Jerzy today and felt a bit dissapointed on the end.

My post might look very negative, but it wasn't meant to be.
Wishing Janowicz all the best next year, I hope this isn't just a fluke.

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
Petra Quitova
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #170
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

^^ 'Miss Mateya' is a good dominatrix name
Old 11-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #171
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateya View Post
Dear Masterclass.
I pointed out that I was talking about today's performance. I know that he isn't a serve-bot (or serve&dropshot-bot) otherwise he wouldn't make the final here. From what I heard this week I was probably expecting too much from Jerzy today and felt a bit dissapointed on the end.

My post might look very negative, but it wasn't meant to be.
Wishing Janowicz all the best next year, I hope this isn't just a fluke.
Its a fluke of flukes.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #172
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure? I thought Ferrer was supposed to play del potro in the finals tomorrow.
is there nothing?  Because, Djokovic, Murray, and Nadal
certainly win Roger? Even David Ferrer? (Roger 14 - 0 David)
Or, Roger loses even before QF? lol

argument.

Click for Jacko & Bubble-Rod => http://postimg.org/image/tvdauba7z/
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:44 PM   #173
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #174
country flag zdravkelja

zdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond reputezdravkelja has a reputation beyond repute

Well deserved
zdravkelja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #175
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Hahahaha Davydenko TOO has this TREE
Sukit !

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #176
country flag RNW

RNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond repute

Finally Ferrer won a ATP masters 1000.

It's very very surprising that it is Paris_Bercy, but the whole week was full of surprises.

Ferrer just won Valencia and Paris back-to-back.
That's impressive.

On the other hand, the draws were not that hard for him with Llodra and Janowicz in semis and final.

Fantastic and truly SENSATIONAL week from J. Janowicz. What a great surprise, what a great talent and player. His wins against Murray, Tipsa and Simon were very impressive. It was probably the most impressive run this year from a player outside the Top 10.

I wonder why other players (Raonic, Nishikori, Mayer, Kohlschreiber) were not able to show up their best form and tennis this week. They should know that Bercy is always THE chance for a non Top 10 Player to reach the semifinal or final.
[Suicide T.]: Winner of WTF Masters London 2013, Shanghai 2012, Montpellier 2013 & Barcelona 2014
[TT]: -
RNW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #177
country flag KarlyM

KarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond reputeKarlyM has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad to see Ferrer finally win a Masters title!
KarlyM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #178
country flag LoveFifteen

LoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond reputeLoveFifteen has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, Ferrer! I'm kind of shocked that this is the first time that he's won a Masters title.
LoveFifteen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #179
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to David for his first TMS title! And congrats also to Jerzy for making his first career final in a TMS. Jerzy winning would've been sensational, but this was the title David needed to win if he ever wants to win a TMS, Jerzy will get many more chances if he's really this good.

Hopefully David can have a good WTF, to prove he didn't become a TMS winner only because best players tanked. David winning WTF would be so epic.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #180
country flag Super Djoker

Super Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond reputeSuper Djoker has a reputation beyond repute

Well , What a season for Ferrer , whatever you want to say about him he works very very hard and this Masters was deserved ! Congrats Daveed !
Super Djoker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote