Have the Ferrer doubters finally been silenced? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #16
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have the Ferrer doubters finally been silenced?

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
Fererer is the guy that made the most of a tennis career without having almost any talent and that's a very respectable accomplishment.
I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

A guy at number 5 in the world has no talent according to Latso.

AMAZING.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 12:14 PM   #17
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat__boy View Post
Let's be real for a moment.

The man has fourteen wins over the top 4! All this negativity has, not coincidentally, coincided with his most successful year on tour. Go back twelve months and there was barely a bad word said about him, mostly he was respected. Now people are agitated that he is doing substantially better than their favoured players, while supposedly having less ability.

A lot of the negativity is also a result of Mark Lenders' arrival, the pied piper of Ferrer hatred. It just proves that if you say something with enough conviction and regularity, the more impressionable of us will believe it to be true, never mind the complete lack of objective fact.

He is also penalised for being able to win titles and consistently reach latter stage of tournaments, meaning he faces the top 4 more often than the rest of the top 20 players. In other words, if he was less consistent, there may be a different image of him with regards to being top 4 cannon fodder.
To like or dislike a player cannot be objective, it's subjective by default.

When you think there are people disliking and many even hating a player like Federer...

Objectivity has nothing to do with the subject.

I personally like a lot a brainless most of the times Verdasco because he brings excitement to the game, while Ferru is from my point of view the player producing the dullest kind of tennis ever.

And i dislike his hockey stick kind of grip from BH. It's unnatural and strange.

But i love the guy's work ethics and humility, so there's no black or white here
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #18
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

A guy at number 5 in the world has no talent according to Latso.

AMAZING.
Define "talent"

Then go cry
Old 11-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #19
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

No. Why would they? He beating challenger player in master final solidify his Vulture in chief reputation.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #20
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Watch him lose his possibly biggest chance on a masters title and then watch the threads piling one after another if he does
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #21
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Define "talent"

Then go cry
That post was very dumb from you.

BigJohn
Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #22
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Define "talent"

Then go cry
Let me get this straight, in your opinion Ferrer has no talent?

I'd like a yes/no answer to that question please.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #23
country flag Nole Rules

Nole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond reputeNole Rules has a reputation beyond repute

He is very boring and his game is ugly. His lack of natural talent is obvious. There is really nothing excting about him. I can completely understand why some ppl hate the guy. They want more talented and excting players to be ahead of him in the rankings. Nothing is wrong with that at all.
Nole Rules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #24
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
No. Why would they? He beating challenger player in master final solidify his Vulture in chief reputation.
It's now Ferrer's fault because others got knocked out earlier on in the tournament?

Interesting.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

With the absence of Nadal, Ferrer becomes the next victim of MTF...if Ferrer was missing too, they'd probably pick on Almagro or Verdasco or Granollers or Robredo or whoever Spaniard is next in line
You're getting easily predictable MTF haters. You don't like Spain's players...WE GOT IT
You don't like grinders and you don't like pushers...you love serve-bots. Be a little bit more original next time.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #26
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
That post was very dumb from you.
Why?

It's a response, not an aggression.

I genuinely believe Ferrer has little talent based on my personal perspective for what talent actually is.

He's a hard worker, a dedicated athlete, he has the ability to make the best program for himself and his purposes (hence the ranking), he's humble, he's never letting go.

But these are not talents. It's character and a lot of work.

Llodra who will never be a top 5 has more talent in his toe than Ferrer overall, but this doesn't make any of them better or worse. Gulbis has 100 times Llodra's talent and he's a failure overall.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #27
country flag latso

Quote:
Let me get this straight, in your opinion Ferrer has no talent?

I'd like a yes/no answer to that question please.
You have it right above in my post.

I believe Ferrer has very little talent for tennis. He'd be a successful football player or whatever the sports, just because of all his personal qualities. He was handed a racquet - he became a tennis player.
He'd be born in Canada and handed a hockey stick - he'd be a successful one again.

Not because of raw talent as i see it.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #28
country flag EliSter

Quote:
It's now Ferrer's fault because others got knocked out earlier on in the tournament?

Interesting.
All WTF players lost early, insted of him following that pattern he decided to vulture tournament that other and better players did not care about. Vulture in chief.

BigJohn
Old 11-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #29
Banned!

Quote:
You have it right above in my post.

I believe Ferrer has very little talent for tennis. He'd be a successful football player or whatever the sports, just because of all his personal qualities. He was handed a racquet - he became a tennis player.
He'd be born in Canada and handed a hockey stick - he'd be a successful one again.

Not because of raw talent as i see it.
Sorry, but surely it cannot only be me who thinks this post is arguably the worst post on MTF ever?

Fuck me, make sure you get the snip because it'd be a crime if you were allowed to reproduce.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #30
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if he's a nice guy since I haven't witnessed much of his off-court life. But tennis wise, I can understand why it doesn't appeal to some people. It's biased to say he has completely zero talent, because otherwise he wouldn't be where he is today. Yes he doesn't possess any attacking weapons that are big, or contain flare, power, craft, etc... but you gotta consider other facets of the game such as footwork. Yes, footwork is also considered a talent, because it's a skill/strength/capability/mastery that he possesses. His footwork and fitness is exceptional, and that is talent right there. But obviously he doesn't have as much talent in the strokes department.

Talent is defined and interpreted in so many ways. Everyone looks at it differently, and that's simply because everyone has different tastes in what is appealing and what isn't. I'm no tennis nerd, but first and foremost, there is no such thing as any human being (let alone any fucking athlete) having 'no talent' (unless of course, they do jackshit with their lives). It's a stupid statement to make.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote