What were your favorite matches of the year that didnt involve the Top 4? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:33 AM   #1
country flag UnderhandSmash

UnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond repute
Default What were your favorite matches of the year that didnt involve the Top 4?

I think Ive watched just about every great match involving Federer, Djokovic, Nadal and Murray. What matches do you recommend where none of them played?

I wrote "favorite" instead of "best", because I dont want to imply that the match had to be close, or dramatic. Of course, they can be epic like Ferrer vs. Tipsarevic in the US open QF. Or end in straight sets like Del Potro vs Gasquet in Marseille QF, which was just fun to watch.
UnderhandSmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #2
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What were your favorite matches of the year that didnt involve the Top 4?

Ferrer - Tipsarevic at the US Open was one of the best matches of the year.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
country flag MinioNole

MinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What were your favorite matches of the year that didnt involve the Top 4?

Richard Gasquet vs. Grigor Dimitrov at the French Open.
MinioNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #4
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Murray - Llodra AO

Was a festival of beautiful points http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGaLt331Yh8
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #5
country flag UnderhandSmash

UnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond reputeUnderhandSmash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
Murray - Llodra AO

Was a festival of beautiful points http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGaLt331Yh8
Thanks, it was a great match. But I meant that the top 4 shouldnt be in the match at all.
UnderhandSmash is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 PM   #6
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Any of Rosol's matches that meets the criteria of this thread. Those losses

Probably a match at the AO, wasn't there a Nalbandian-Hewitt epic there?

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #7
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Haas vs Gulbis USO and Ferrer vs Tipsarevic USO. For sure there are more but only these are in my mind right now because were the most recent ones

Mathieu vs Isner RG and Isner vs Kohlschreiber USO were pretty good too but i think i liked them more because of the drama and not for the quality
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 PM   #8
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Tsonga vs Wawrinka RG 4R. Not necessarily the quality of tennis, but what was at stake, and the atmosphere was incredible.

Tipsy vs Ferrer USO QF was also pretty good.

Matches won by Llodra and Janowicz this week were also a highlight for me.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #9
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Tipsy vs Ferrer on USO QF
Old 11-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #10
country flag wally1

wally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond repute

Cilic v Querry at Wimbledon was the best match of the year.
wally1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #11
country flag Fat Camel

Fat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond reputeFat Camel has a reputation beyond repute

Gulbis vs Berdych at Wim was incredible!
ARNAUD CLEMENT
Xavier Malisse Janko Tipsarevic
Stanislas Wawrinka - Brian Baker - Roger Federer - Daniel Evans - Alexandr Dolgopolov - Gilles Simon - Lleyton Hewitt - Richard Berankis - Ernests Gulbis - Mikhail Youzhny - Nicolas Mahut - Oli Rochus - James Blake - Fabio Fognini - David Nalbandian - Marcos Baghdatis - Paul-Henri Mathieu - Tommy Robredo - Danai Udomchoke
Fabrice Santoro - Marat Safin - Nicolas Lapentti - Sebastian Grosjean - Andy Roddick
Fat Camel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #12
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Seppi vs Wawrinka in Rome was the most dramatic match for me personally, and that equates to it being one of the best.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderhandSmash View Post
Thanks, it was a great match. But I meant that the top 4 shouldnt be in the match at all.
Damn, correct, my bad

I can't think fo any atm, i liked Dimitrov - Gasquet at RG, but there should be better
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:07 PM   #14
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Nalbandian-Cilic Queen's Club Final

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut W Orleans (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus) Tashkent S&D (w/ Mr Brightside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Volandri def. Nalbandian 3-6 6-3 7-5 Sao Paulo

Bolelli def. Montanes 6-7 6-4 7-5 San Marino
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote