Has Tennis won this year? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #16
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has Tennis won this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
^maybe because you're a Murray fan and you know it would've been much tougher for him to win a slam with Nadal in shape around. Maybe
If Rosol hadn't done what he did, I would probably have found another hobby by now. Wimbledon, Olympics and USO finals would have probably been the same two finalists the previous four slams had been.

We still need more court surface diversity and variation of styles at the top of the game. Just cause my fave won a slam doesn't mean the sport is perfect, I'm a fan of the sport first, player(s) second.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 01:16 AM   #17
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
I think post-Rosol has been awesome and I won't give too much of a crap if he doesn't ever return Shoot me. After RG tennis never seemed in such a disillusion. Now it's on the way out of the doldrums (with plenty of work still to do of course)
This.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #18
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Rosol hadn't done what he did, I would probably have found another hobby by now. Wimbledon, Olympics and USO finals would have probably been the same two finalists the previous four slams had been.

We still need more court surface diversity and variation of styles at the top of the game. Just cause my fave won a slam doesn't mean the sport is perfect, I'm a fan of the sport first, player(s) second.
I agree with the diversity and variation and i agree that having the same finals on and on with the same winners it's pretty boring but if it's for that maybe you could've quit following tennis long time ago. Because from RG 2005 to USO 2010 Nadal and Federer won 21 out of 23 GS titles. That was not diversity. Now, even though Nadal and Djokovic played 5 consecutive GS finals it was because they totally dominated that period with Djokovic at his peak and not because there were not too many players around who could trouble them because there were. Unlike 2005-2006-2007. So it was still more diversity in 2011-2012 before Rosol did what he did than in the last few years
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:32 AM   #19
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

It's no coincidence it's Murray and Federer fans that are more happy Nadal is out. Nole fans aren't happy or are neutral about it. Maybe it's because they know their man is the real #1. And Murray fans, they know Murray is not a true elite player, so whatever happens to open the playing field for their man is a good thing for them. They have no confidence in Murray's game.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:36 AM   #20
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
I agree with the diversity and variation and i agree that having the same finals on and on with the same winners it's pretty boring but if it's for that maybe you could've quit following tennis long time ago. Because from RG 2005 to USO 2010 Nadal and Federer won 21 out of 23 GS titles. That was not diversity. Now, even though Nadal and Djokovic played 5 consecutive GS finals it was because they totally dominated that period with Djokovic at his peak and not because there were not too many players around who could trouble them because there were. Unlike 2005-2006-2007. So it was still more diversity in 2011-2012 before Rosol did what he did than in the last few years
I did feel 2011 was a little uncompetitive, I felt that the same two guys dominating was a bit boring, and yes Federer has benefitted from the surfaces being similar in regards to his winning of RG. I don't mind Novak at all but I do find his direct confrontations with Nadal boring matches compared to his matches with other players for example.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #21
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

2012 will go down as a net loss for tennis, mugray winning a slam has ruined everything
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #22
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

No. I blame Faker for letting Mugray win that USO. It will remain the biggest stain in history of tennis. Shame you Faker.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #23
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
It's no coincidence it's Murray and Federer fans that are more happy Nadal is out. Nole fans aren't happy or are neutral about it. Maybe it's because they know their man is the real #1. And Murray fans, they know Murray is not a true elite player, so whatever happens to open the playing field for their man is a good thing for them. They have no confidence in Murray's game.
Bla, bla, bla.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:15 AM   #24
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Overall it was a fine year for ATP and WTA so tennis won.

Quote:
If Rosol hadn't done what he did, I would probably have found another hobby by now.

This confirms even more that tennis lost when Nadal got injured and lost to Rosol (in that order).
Old 11-04-2012, 03:07 AM   #25
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Tennis won for the year the moment someone hit an ace to win a second round match at wimbledon
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:49 AM   #26
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesouth View Post
I know for many on mugstennisforums, the focus is not on the individual player but tennis.

So how has tennis fared this year?

Did tennis win when Murray won his first grand slam in US 2012 (answer = yes)?
Has Jerzy Janowicz saved tennis in Paris?
Did Nishikori beating Raonic save tennis?
Has tennis lost or gained by Nadal's injuries? Did Rosol save or lose tennis?
etc
yes
no
yes
gain, save

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:51 AM   #27
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I see you've been exiled from America.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
Old 11-04-2012, 03:51 AM   #28
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline Wozniacki participated in a photoshoot this year, which featured her in her underwear and sexy poses, tennis definitely won IMO despite Windray upsetting No2e for some MM tournament I already forgot about.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:53 AM   #29
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Caroline Wozniacki participated in a photoshoot this year, which featured her in her underwear and sexy poses
Good for the game. Fucking amazing for the game.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #30
country flag MuzzahLovah

Also, Maria got the Career slam and Serena made a joke of Azarenka's number 1, on the women's side, so that's great imo.