WWW WTF Group A - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW?

Djokovic 30 73.17%
Murray 9 21.95%
Berdych 1 2.44%
Tsonga 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2012, 12:35 AM   #31
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW WTF Group A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Yeah because their group gets <20 hours of rest for the semis, right? Oh, wait...

Fortunately they couldn't have scheduled Ferru to play on Monday if he's playing the final in Paris on Sunday. Small mercies for the A group.

But do you remember last year? Roger played his last RR match on Thursday at 2pm. Ferru played his last RR match on Friday at 8pm. They both played their semi on Saturday at 2pm. Roger got 48 houtrs between matches, Ferru only 18. I've always complained about the WTF scheduling, I think it's unfair. It's scheduled more like an exhibition event than like a serious tournament. It could be Hopman Cup.

But at least this year the Group of Death will have some more rest. That will even things out to a certain extent. Having said that, I would happily trade schedules if Nole could get exhausted Ferru instead of Murray.
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2012, 12:46 AM   #32
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW WTF Group A

I do remember last year and Roger indeed was "lucky" to be with Muzz in 2010, so he played first. You yourself said the group starting second would be at disadvantage or do I need to go and dig it up? I suppose it's a nice balancing act if there aren't any long matches on the final group day otherwise we may just see something ala WTA YEC 2012 and that won't be fun.

EDIT: I agree the scheduling is stupid. However, with this "new" scheduling, they can't play the SFs on a weekend if they have a rest day, so it's even "better". At least both sides should have solid rest, as I expect that to be a night session.

EDIT2: I disagree the scheduling is like an exhibition event. A lot of masters schedule semis for 2 and 7 pm and that's why Fed is always screwed in Madrid, for example.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote