Paris SF: (4) Ferrer def (WC) Llodra 7-5 6-3 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-03-2012, 08:06 PM   #31
country flag Mercury

Mercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond reputeMercury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paris SF: (4) Ferrer def (WC) Llodra 7-5 6-3

Llodra was so much better than Ferrer in the 1st set... When he lost it it completely broke him, was obvious it was GSM right there.

Still, Llodra played a great set and a half and looked better than the world #5 and made a TMS semi final, that's some great stuff to take home at the end of the year.
Mercury is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #32
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Even Fed would be proud on 0/10 . Mika you really need to be an artist to lose that first set but it is obvious Ferrer destiny to win one of these tournaments. So many times seen so it was the question of time when would it happen
Old 11-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #33
country flag outrider

outrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond reputeoutrider has a reputation beyond repute

This first set was maybe the most unreal set of tennis i have ever seen in my whole life.
outrider is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #34
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

This is how tennis should be played. No time wasting, pushing, or moonballing. Just aggressive, precise play.

Llodra has got the best of two worlds. He has the volley of the olden times, and the movement and athleticism of the current era. If only he wasn't a clown

Go get your Masters David
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #35
country flag Absolute Anthropoid
Skyward!

Absolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond reputeAbsolute Anthropoid has a reputation beyond repute

Squandering 100% of your BPs isn't exactly a good strategy against any decent player.

Good to see Ferrer take it in 2

Simple as that. Everything else comes second.

Absolute Anthropoid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:03 AM   #36
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
Llodra was so much better than Ferrer in the 1st set... When he lost it it completely broke him, was obvious it was GSM right there.
If he'd been really better, he would have won it, don't you think?

It's not like Ferrer was lucky, the reason why he won this set was that he was absolutely outstanding at holding his serve and defending BPs. He has nerves of steel and was able to raise his level every time. That's the hallmark of a great player.
Llodra tried to go for a quick victory by giving his all in the first set, but he lost that bet, and then logically he was not able to keep playing at that level.

So yes, definitely, Ferrer was struggling more than Llodra in that first set, but that's because Mika was at his max and he wasn't. Tatiana Golovin said so early in the first set(I don't like her much usually, but she has some good analyses sometimes). The other commentators were saying that things were looking good for Llodra, since he was obviously struggling less than Ferrer, and threatening him constantly. But she contradicted them and said that in the end, if you considered the result so far, Llodra had been playing at his very best, and it had not been enough to take Ferrer's serve. She was not very optimistic because she thought that Mika could not do much better than this, and was rather more likely to get tired and lower his level. She was right
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #37
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Expected. Pics is a better/more talented player. Llodra has done his job already, by taking out the ballbashing clown Del Potro, so this tournament is great.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #38
country flag spanish_army

spanish_army has a reputation beyond reputespanish_army has a reputation beyond reputespanish_army has a reputation beyond reputespanish_army has a reputation beyond reputespanish_army has a reputation beyond reputespanish_army has a reputation beyond reputespanish_army has a reputation beyond reputespanish_army has a reputation beyond reputespanish_army has a reputation beyond reputespanish_army has a reputation beyond reputespanish_army has a reputation beyond repute

Expected. Two better players in draw are in the final, now Pics should improve a little bit more his play and take the title at last. Llodra didn't deserve to win, is a player of 1/2 tournaments each year and the rest is creeping like a reptile all over the world. He is a doubles player not a singles one really, now seems to be aware of it 15 years late though.
spanish_army is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote