Do you believe in luck in tennis? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Do you believe in luck in tennis?

Yes. Some players are extremely lucky. 33 80.49%
No. 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2012, 11:54 PM   #31
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you believe in luck in tennis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
Of course. Mugerer winning the French Open at the only time Nadal was mysteriously absent, and then winning Wimbledon in 2012 at the only time Nadal was absent.

Oh wait...this topic is about luck? My bad. I thought it was about match rigging and legacy-making by the ATP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #32
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post
Of course. My favourite player never have it and the players I dislike/hate have nothing but it.
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #33
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Hell yeah.Some players are so lucky that it's disgusting.Certain player has been so lucky that you have to wonder did he sell his soul to the devil.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #34
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Ofcours, how else would u explain Mugray GS title?

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #35
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Ofcours, how else would u explain Mugray GS title?
Oh come on, it's happened, put it behind ya dude
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #36
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

There is certainly luck to SOME degree but I never feel a particular situation is either no luck or entirely luck.. Because take a netcord ball that lands short for a winner as a scenario. Many people will instantly say "what luck" but remember, there are so many factors involved. Perhaps the player hitting the ball really had to chase for the shot to begin with, which certainly isn't luck. The player could have hit the ball a tad bit lower and the ball would have just stopped dead at the net rather than trickle over the tape, so that isn't really luck. He could have played the right amount of spin for the ball to crawl over the net, that isn't really luck either. I could go on but you get my point. Yes, there are many "lucky" events that happen to a player, but if you look at those situations objective, you can point out many things the player to get to that event during a point which wouldn't be attributed to luck.

Of course might just be verbiage, but I always prefer the term "fortunate" rather than "luck" for tennis. Luck has a kind of negative connotation to me, and implies that "luck" created the whole situation while having some "fortune" seems to me to add to a player's scenario rather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick the greek View Post
Hell yeah.Some players are so lucky that it's disgusting.Certain player has been so lucky that you have to wonder did he sell his soul to the devil.
This isn't the biblical times. Go spew your usual stupidity and hatred elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
Of course. Mugerer winning the French Open at the only time Nadal was mysteriously absent, and then winning Wimbledon in 2012 at the only time Nadal was absent.

Oh wait...this topic is about luck? My bad. I thought it was about match rigging and legacy-making by the ATP.
So the ATP pay these players like Djokovic and Nadal to let Federer have the glory? Interesting.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #37
country flag tyruk14

tyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond reputetyruk14 has a reputation beyond repute

There is luck, then there is Tio Toni.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:20 AM   #38
country flag Argenbrit

Argenbrit has a reputation beyond reputeArgenbrit has a reputation beyond reputeArgenbrit has a reputation beyond reputeArgenbrit has a reputation beyond reputeArgenbrit has a reputation beyond reputeArgenbrit has a reputation beyond reputeArgenbrit has a reputation beyond reputeArgenbrit has a reputation beyond reputeArgenbrit has a reputation beyond reputeArgenbrit has a reputation beyond reputeArgenbrit has a reputation beyond repute

YES

It's what Janowicz is having this week.
Argenbrit is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #39
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
This isn't the biblical times. Go spew your usual stupidity and hatred elsewhere.
Typical Fedtard, when he doesn't have arguments or doesn't like the truth, he resorts to insults.
NID.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:42 AM   #40
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Typical Fedtard, when he doesn't have arguments or doesn't like the truth, he resorts to insults.
NID.
It's OK Nikkos. Us Koritards are very nice people.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:48 AM   #41
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
I wrote:Certain player has been so lucky that you have to wonder did he sell his soul to the devil.
I didn't name any names and you automatically assumed that I was talking about Fedmug?Interesting.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #42
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Oh come on, it's happened, put it behind ya dude
Tryin'...

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 01:07 AM   #43
country flag HKz
Hakeem

HKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond reputeHKz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wrote:Certain player has been so lucky that you have to wonder did he sell his soul to the devil.
I didn't name any names and you automatically assumed that I was talking about Fedmug?Interesting.
Quote:
NID.
Oh the fucking utter irony of your comments. Please continue, you'll just have to make a new account soon enough.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #44
country flag Topspindoctor

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Noserer has been the luckiest player of all time, closely followed by Mugray. RG2009/USO2012 were easily 2 of the biggest cases of luck in the open era.

Nadal - GOAT
Sergiy Stakhovsky - Great purger of evil and talented shotmaker
Berdych aka Twitter GOAT - Nose destroyer

2004-2007 = weakest tennis era
2011 = dark age of tennis

2008/2010/2013 = Greatest years of tennis.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:05 AM   #45
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Noserer has been the luckiest player of all time, closely followed by Mugray. RG2009/USO2012 were easily 2 of the biggest cases of luck in the open era.
Facts can't be denied, whether you like 'em or not.