Janko Tipsarevic - A Clear Pattern Emerging? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #16
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Janko Tipsarevic - A Clear Pattern Emerging?

The clear pattern emerging here is that Janko is a douchebag.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #17
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_renshaw View Post
The point is, he/his associates could (I'm not saying DID) get very long odds on himself winning the match, so a sizeable stake would net a HUGE return if he won or something happened to Djokovic. But the sizeable stake would be returned if he retired when a few moments away from obvious defeat.

Ten times is what really worries me, in fact sickens me.
He's probably just a bad loser/easy to get pissed off, which is usually pretty obvious. He should be absolutely out of his mind to try something shady while being in top 10 - maybe he could pull something like that on an irrelevant challenger while being top 200 or so, but not here with all the attention, nobody's that crazy.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 PM   #18
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
oh, I see... thanks.
But then that only counts for when he's the underdog, right? Not in matches like vs Karlovic, Janowicz, Seppi -- he wasn't the long shot there, I would guess.
There is definitely more to win as underdog, but even against those you mention he can win significant money if the bet is large enough, and there is no reason to suspect it wouldn't be large if he knows it's either win or not lose.

Not that I have any reason to suspect this has happened, like BackhandDTL I'm only (further) explaning the premise.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #19
country flag william_renshaw

william_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond repute

The Daily Telegraph wrote an article about a dossier handed to the ATP by bookmakers a few years back covering more than 50 matches in which unusual betting activity had been observed (a dossier which, incidentally, Tipsarevic featured several times in). They explained it like this:

For example, the document suggests that 'win or retire' is a suspected form of corrupt practice. The suspicion is that a player's backers put money on him to win, but they do so at bookmakers that only pay out when a match has been completed, or once two full sets have been played. The player walks on court with the intention to win the match, but, if he drops the first set and believes that he has little chance of victory, he then quits during the second set before the contest is over. This means that his backers get their stake back, and there has been absolutely no risk of them losing their money. The commentary to one match in the document states that "punters who backed the player could have a 'free' bet on him to win and would not lose their money as long as he did not complete the match".
william_renshaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #20
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipolymer View Post
The only pattern I see emerging is the constant bitching about the way someone else goes about their life.
this is a forum, and Janko plays a sport that is in the public eye... if he wasn't such a punk we wouldn't bother mentioning it all. he shows no respect to his opponents and can't handle defeat like a little girl who knows she will lose a cheerleading contest so doesn't even show up to the award ceremony...

TIpsarevic = coward, and we'll bitch about him as he deserves

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #21
country flag Fuser59

Fuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
i mean, the homophobia and sexism on his part are bad enough but you really see this and wonder how this guy has fans

not only is he an asshole off the court he's got poor sportsmanship
THIS!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:01 PM   #22
country flag green25814

green25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond reputegreen25814 has a reputation beyond repute

Although this is obviously all just theories and speculation, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Janko was a genuine fixer.

We all know its widespread in tennis anyway

Federer - The Artist
Murray - The Tactician
Nalbandian - The Ballstriker
Llodra - The S/V
green25814 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:03 PM   #23
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

He's just a douche/arrogant prick.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #24
country flag Fuser59

Fuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond reputeFuser59 has a reputation beyond repute

If he is injured and the retirings in Valencia and Bercy imply just that..how does he win a slugfest vs. Monaco? Ok he wanted to reach the WTF this year it was within his grasp...but he is an awful loser and I'm losing the respect for him...on the other hand never has there been a player so honest about what goes on on the court ..and what you should do to get up there in THE top 10...I do enjoy his interviews..he definitely has maybe the highest IQ on tour...get that sorted out Janko...you ARE NOT THE 60. PLAYER IN DA WORLD ANY MORE!!!!
Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #25
country flag SerialKillerToBe

SerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
this is a forum, and Janko plays a sport that is in the public eye... if he wasn't such a punk we wouldn't bother mentioning it all. he shows no respect to his opponents and can't handle defeat like a little girl who knows she will lose a cheerleading contest so doesn't even show up to the award ceremony...

TIpsarevic = coward, and we'll bitch about him as he deserves
Alright, if you want to play it that way, then nothing Tipsarevic has done or will do will ever surpass the time-wasting, knee-grasping, ass-picking, and umpire-complaining, that Nadull is a part of in every single one of his matches.
SerialKillerToBe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:13 PM   #26
country flag william_renshaw

william_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond reputewilliam_renshaw has a reputation beyond repute

here are some more articles:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...s-1749957.html

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Hew...940970953.html

Look, nobody has 100% proof. But for this to happen 10 times, is very odd. Sure, once or twice you might be unlucky and get injured towards the end of the match. But to pull out of a match always at this stage of the match a break or 2 down and 1-2 games from defeat, and to do so on this many occasions, does leave you thinking.

I don't buy the argument that he just does it to upset opponents or because he is a bad loser. Pulling out of a final when your opponent is serving for the match 3 points from the end? Pulling out today 4-1 40-0 down in the final set? And all the other occasions - this isn't bad loser. this suggests some other agenda.

It's not right and I hope something is done about it.
william_renshaw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 PM   #27
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

The betting conspiracy theory is absurd. He couldn't possibly be that dumb. I mean he is a top 10, regular top20... too risky.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:59 PM   #28
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

So Tipsy is a bad-ass, does what he wants on and off the court, doesn't pander to liberals and deviants. Sounds like a great guy to have a beer with. I'm still a huge fan.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:07 AM   #29
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by william_renshaw View Post
(a dossier which, incidentally, Tipsarevic featured several times in)
How do you know this? Tell us more. I found the Telegraph article that you quoted and it said they were unable to name the players in the dossier.
Depeche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:29 AM   #30
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Janko and Davy are clearly part of some eastern european betting scam with the mafia
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote