Is Jerzy Janowicz top 10 material?? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Is Jerzy Janowicz top 10 material??

Yes 100 67.57%
No 48 32.43%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #61
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Jerzy Janowicz top 10 material??

Way more overhype overrating for this guy than Klizan and Klizan's better, bandwagon player of the year perhaps, MTF never ceases to amaze.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #62
country flag delboy

delboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond repute

When the top guys retire I'm pretty sure he will be able to challenge tomug, raonic and muggison for slams...
delboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:18 AM   #63
country flag delboy

delboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond reputedelboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I don't really care whether he's top 10 material or not.

In terms of his overall game, personality and attitude, I like him more than any of the other so-called "young-guns": Dimitrov, Harrison, Paire, Nishikori, Raonic, Tomic, Dolgopolov, etc.

I hope he keeps playing...great fun.
I agree with this though. Much more interesting player to watch.
delboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #64
country flag Drew K

Drew K has a reputation beyond reputeDrew K has a reputation beyond reputeDrew K has a reputation beyond reputeDrew K has a reputation beyond reputeDrew K has a reputation beyond reputeDrew K has a reputation beyond reputeDrew K has a reputation beyond reputeDrew K has a reputation beyond reputeDrew K has a reputation beyond reputeDrew K has a reputation beyond reputeDrew K has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO Jerzy is destined for great things and the Top 5 is where that will be in a year or two or less. Everybody can see what he is capable of from the point construction to the amazing hands and touch, to his movement and mental ability & fighting spirit. Not one of the young guys has as much upside as him and I believe he is the one to transition to the top and put pressures on the big 4. Fed is getting older and time is ticking, Rafas knees are a big question mark going forward, Novak has shown he isent invincible & Murray has not built on his terrific summer and looks vulnerable again. If you have doubts after the Ferrer match put things in perspective..7 matches to Ferrer's 4 leading into the final-plus JJ played mutiple tough physical, mentally draining matches which would take its toll on anyone, let alone someone playing in there first masters 1000 final.

Murray was quoted as saying after his match with JJ that it was difficult to get a read on what he was going to do next. I think this style along with his abiltites will cause great problems for everybody he faces in the year ahead and in time he will learn to tighten things up and play even smarter. Also he hardly has any significant points to defend except that 3rd round at Wimbledon and clay is not a liability as many ppl think, he has alot of experience on it and he will be fine there too. One member mentioned his style and how that would possibly effect his injury proneness going forward and that might be the one concern for me as well. I thought the same thing of Del Potro & Raonic when i saw them early in their careers. But that is an X-Factor no one can predict.. however both parents were volleyball players in Poland so he has good genes.

Tipsy's reaction said it all after one backhand winner in their match when tipsy imitated the shot that JJ just unbelievably made with a smile of respect and admiration..the look on his face appeared to say "where the hell did this guy come from"

There are rare moments in certain players careers when a switch goes off and that player morphs into what he was destined for-in Jerzys case that is greatness.

BTW..What would everybody consider to be a succesful, forward moving result at AO????
Drew K is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:03 AM   #65
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

You can see his rare ability to stretch & hit a winner from anywhere at any angle. He can move easily to his backhand side which is a lesser strength.

Outside of serve winners, he doesn't need to hit the lines for winners.
Most top players have to hit lines because they don't hit as many winners from slices, serves & dropshots.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:05 AM   #66
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Hard to say. He has the talent, no doubt about that. I do think that he is a confidence player. He plays with such small margins for error. This makes him both dangerous and error-prone. Let's just see after next year, since he will be attending ATP tourney's without having to qualify now, we'll get to see much more of him with regards to consistency.
Jverweij is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #67
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolita View Post
I don't really care whether he's top 10 material or not.

In terms of his overall game, personality and attitude, I like him more than any of the other so-called "young-guns": Dimitrov, Harrison, Paire, Nishikori, Raonic, Tomic, Dolgopolov, etc.

I hope he keeps playing...great fun.
and this ofcourse
Jverweij is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #68
country flag JamieMU30

JamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond reputeJamieMU30 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
When MTF bandwagons a player, that tells me and other reasonable tennis fans that player is severely overrated and won't accomplish much. So, the answer is no.

When MTF posters believe one thing, sane people need to think the opposite.
The most illogical and biased poster who makes laughable predictions all the time that turn out to be wrong is talking about sanity?

I do not put any stock into something that someone says who trolls the Challenger forums and disses every player who has a good run/tournament just because they are hating on said player and jealous of said player's success, simply because their own muggy faves are incapable of such results

So, I would gladly think the opposite of what you think any day
JamieMU30 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 AM   #69
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

probably will get to the top-10 one day, Isner did it, and in the future the competition on top will get less good
Old 11-05-2012, 08:04 AM   #70
country flag cardio

cardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond reputecardio has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew K View Post

BTW..What would everybody consider to be a succesful, forward moving result at AO????
He is seeded player in AO, right ? So normal result would be protect his place in draw and get into last 32. Every round better than that is a step forward.

But I think MTF overreacts like always. One good run doesnt mean anything .He is still same player who lost to Novikov in USO, lost to Cervantes 6 weeks ago...( I even dont know WhoTF is Inigo Cervantes ??!)

Miracles doesnt happen. I would be very surprised if he is in top 30 after next years Paris Masters.It doesnt work that easy, it takes lot of time and several setbacks to get permanent membership in Big Boys club . We have seen what happened to Gulbis after his RG 2008 run, what happened Tomic after his Wimbledon run etc. I think only youngster who got very fast into top 32 in last years( slam seed !) and is refusing to leave, is Raonic.
cardio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #71
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

No.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #72
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardio View Post
It doesnt work that easy, it takes lot of time and several setbacks to get permanent membership in Big Boys club .
the question is not about "permanent membership" or I missed something.

To be something like a "permanent top-10", you need to be a top-5 material.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #73
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Are the current crop of players from Ferrer downwards top 10 players in 5 years time?

There's your answer.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:08 AM   #74
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

He definitely has the ability and potential to make the top ten. It's whether or not he remains consistent throughout the year that will determine it or not. Time will tell...

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM   #75
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who thinks so should check JJ's results last 6 months. They are not particularly impressive.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote