Rank the 'clutch gene' of the top 10 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #31
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rank the 'clutch gene' of the top 10

Ferrer is more clutch than most of the players on this list aside from Fedal + Djokovic.
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 06:45 PM   #32
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Sampras was only clutch because of his serve......
yes, he had a great serve

how dare he use it when he needed it most

should have served underhand at 80mph when down break points

disgrace to the game, this sampras
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #33
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
when did i say federer was above him?

i put nadal at 2 earlier, and federer at 10

2 is higher than 10

you need to look up the word hate

nadal is a victim of circumstance when it comes to the clay

wins loads of titles, but no real, strong rival on the stuff
The first part of the post was for you, the other part was directed at poor old Looner

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #34
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
yes, he had a great serve

how dare he use it when he needed it most

should have served underhand at 80mph when down break points

disgrace to the game, this sampras
no I meant his ground game was not that clutch.....
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #35
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
no I meant his ground game was not that clutch.....
Definition of clutch is coming up with something big on big points, be it serve, winner or controlling your own destiny.

Pete and Nole are definitely the two best that I can recall.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:51 PM   #36
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Whether you do it with serve or not doesn't matter...it's just whether you come up with the goods on the big points and especially in the big matches

Old 11-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #37
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Definition of clutch is coming up with something big on big points, be it serve, winner or controlling your own destiny.

Pete and Nole are definitely the two best that I can recall.
I agree just saying.Fed was also great in his day
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #38
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
The first part of the post was for you, the other part was directed at poor old Looner
ok

in that case

federer might be one of the best on hard court, but he's mentally weaker than an inbred infant

nadal deserves credit for adapting his game to the slow hard courts of AO and US in this era

it takes belief to do that
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 PM   #39
country flag CCBH

CCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond reputeCCBH has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree that Djokovic on average is that clutch. In 2011 when he was coasting on a wave of confidence, yes. And facing a player who was panicking when his game was being deconstructed easily.

He is considered clutch because of 2 matches against Roger, where he was outplayed for most of the matches by Federer nowhere close to his best and just about managed to outlast the older guy. On the other hand, look at all the 7-5 sets he has been losing this year (generally when serving), in big matches: USO final, 3 at the Olympics, two against Tsonga and one against Nadal at RG, Rome. Might be others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seingeist View Post
The foaming-at-the-mouth blind fanboyism and double standards of these posts (F. mates) is so overwhelming that it strikes me as a self-parody.

"Tough match?" World #3 Federer's ("greatest player to have ever played the game," you just said before rushing off the bathroom to change your underwear) H2H against World #58 Seppi is 6-0.

If it wasn't tough, Federer's victory would not be as glorious and godlike! Naturally, if Seppi and Isner were in Nadal's side of the draw, any victory that he managed to scrape out against these Tough Titans of Tennis would be pure luck!
CCBH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #40
country flag GSMnadal

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCBH View Post
I disagree that Djokovic on average is that clutch. In 2011 when he was coasting on a wave of confidence, yes. And facing a player who was panicking when his game was being deconstructed easily.

He is considered clutch because of 2 matches against Roger, where he was outplayed for most of the matches by Federer nowhere close to his best and just about managed to outlast the older guy. On the other hand, look at all the 7-5 sets he has been losing this year (generally when serving), in big matches: USO final, 3 at the Olympics, two against Tsonga and one against Nadal at RG, Rome. Might be others.
Australian Open 2012?

One of the clutchiest, beastiest performances I've seen since Nadal AO 09

Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #41
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is so clutch that he's trailing 6-5 to an old washed up burntout bald clown
those Kneedullita tards never ceases to amaze me

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #42
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Australian Open 2012?

One of the clutchiest, beastiest performances I've seen since Nadal AO 09
This says a lot. Fed just let Nadull have that slam final. Nadull seems to be "clutch" where he has the natural advantage. Haven't seen him very clutch against Soda or GOATsol.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:06 PM   #43
country flag nastoff
LIFETIME MUG

nastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond reputenastoff has a reputation beyond repute

Bored to rank it but lets just say even the Djokovic soft 2.0 version is the most clutch player in the world...Clownga is pretty clutch too, too bad he's a nightmare on top and a limited player.

Ferrer and Nadal are similar players in terms of clutchness, not relying too much on serve but putting pressure on the opponent...Nadal is damn good as a front runner.
nastoff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:11 PM   #44
country flag RNW

RNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond reputeRNW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Excuse me? Isn't this the ONLY reason Nadal is owning your boy according to Fedtards? Nadal is the most clutch player the game has ever seen. Djokovic is very, very close
That's true.
I have to admit that.
[Suicide T.]: Winner of WTF Masters London 2013, Shanghai 2012, Montpellier 2013 & Barcelona 2014
[TT]: -
RNW is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:15 PM   #45
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Federer`s mental strenth was underrated for his whole career. Nadal is the only one in this list who can compete with Fed in that department.