Rise of the ballbashers - the Rosolization™ of tennis - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-01-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rise of the ballbashers - the Rosolization™ of tennis

We're in an exciting time for tennis. The dull baseline grinders are in the process of being replaced by strike-first power-players.

Rosol, the late bloomer, leads the young generations of Janowicz, Raonic etc.

Not to mention current guys like Del Potro...

As the cycle continues, the courts are bound to get sped up again soon. And these guys will welcome it wholeheartedly.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #2
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rise of the ballbashers - the Rosolization™ of tennis

Actually i think grinders and deffenders will dominate in term of numbers- much more player will play behind baseline and deffense, howewer i think we will see in future more big servers- tall guys - with modern training and everything tall players that once would be tall for tennis would be new big servers, i can see in future lot of tall big serving guys.
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
We're in an exciting time for tennis. The dull baseline grinders are in the process of being replaced by strike-first power-players.

Rosol, the late bloomer, leads the young generations of Janowicz, Raonic etc.

Not to mention current guys like Del Potro...

As the cycle continues, the courts are bound to get sped up again soon. And these guys will welcome it wholeheartedly.
You're right but sadly interest in the sport will dwindle. Whether MTF likes it or not the average viewer likes rallies. Watching just big serves and 3 shot rallies like Querrey/Raonic today for example is as dull as dishwater. You're going to get more and more tall guys with huge serves and better movement than players like Karlovic had (Janowicz is the best I've seen in terms of having good movement & groundstrokes as well as the serve) but that doesn't mean the game will be better. Grinders are dull too - if ever match was like Simon/Monfils that would be just as bad. But the current top players have a mix of offence and defence and actually think on court - after getting used to finals with Federer/Murray/Nadal/Djokovic wowing us, sadly the ballbashers won't do.
Ash86 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #4
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Yes this is the first time in 2 years there is a strong trend again for the ballbasher.

Berdych and Del Potro looks more in form right now than the top4. WTF will give more answers. Tsonga hasn't gona anywhere. Tipsarevic can play some ballbashing at times and he is great at it and so can Almagro. They are definitely not "pushers"

Janowicz is a new guy that shows top10 potential. Raonic has always felt like the biggest promise among the "young guns" and he's showing good things. We're heading for exciting times when big serving and big shotmaking is becoming more relevant. For a time it looked like the entire tour would become "Ferrer-type" grinders.

The grinders will remain but it feels better know knowing that players like Söderling/JMDP/Berdych didn't go obsolete. We got up-and-comers who will bring the same kind of big power tennis. For a while it looked like short, weak, junkballers was the only thing the new generation could produce

Now JMDP looks like his 2009 self, Berdych better than ever and Soderling working on his comeback as we speak. Meanwhile the new generation finally showing that it can produce prime ballbasher too
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:04 AM   #5
country flag E-r-i-c

E-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond reputeE-r-i-c has a reputation beyond repute

Ballbasher will always pay off because they will pay for more UEs.
Djokovic's game in 07-08 are more offensive why he only get 1 slams?
E-r-i-c is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 05:49 AM   #6
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-r-i-c View Post
Ballbasher will always pay off because they will pay for more UEs.
Djokovic's game in 07-08 are more offensive why he only get 1 slams?
Mainly because Federer and Nadal were younger. By 2011 they were no longer in their primes.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:08 AM   #7
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

Rosol is not the first ballbasher to start the ballbashing nation.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:30 AM   #8
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
Yes this is the first time in 2 years there is a strong trend again for the ballbasher.

Berdych and Del Potro looks more in form right now than the top4. WTF will give more answers. Tsonga hasn't gona anywhere. Tipsarevic can play some ballbashing at times and he is great at it and so can Almagro. They are definitely not "pushers"

Janowicz is a new guy that shows top10 potential. Raonic has always felt like the biggest promise among the "young guns" and he's showing good things. We're heading for exciting times when big serving and big shotmaking is becoming more relevant. For a time it looked like the entire tour would become "Ferrer-type" grinders.

The grinders will remain but it feels better know knowing that players like Söderling/JMDP/Berdych didn't go obsolete. We got up-and-comers who will bring the same kind of big power tennis. For a while it looked like short, weak, junkballers was the only thing the new generation could produce

Now JMDP looks like his 2009 self, Berdych better than ever and Soderling working on his comeback as we speak. Meanwhile the new generation finally showing that it can produce prime ballbasher too
Del Po was just destroyed by Llodra, where as Murray and Djokovic tanked their matches after winning the first set and losing the second narrowly..

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:59 AM   #9
country flag MaxPower

MaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond reputeMaxPower has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
Del Po was just destroyed by Llodra, where as Murray and Djokovic tanked their matches after winning the first set and losing the second narrowly..
dude come on.

You really think that any mentally sane player would be 6-0, 2-0 in a tankmatch? Or have MP in a tankmatch?

Murray has lost many tournaments in a row now having had MP(s). He lost SF vs Raonic in Japan having had 2 MPs. In Shanghai Final vs Djokovic he had 5 MPs. I guess he tanked those too?

That could be Murray's thing. He can be the matchpoint tank-man, Nadal the injury-guy and Djokovic the tank/retirement combo master. All fantards then got their excuses for all losses.

After all there is no way that the only one of those 3 that looked like he saved energy, a disinterested, tired-looking Del Potro, did tank when he got routined in 2 sets. Delpo is not a top4 so then he of course got "destroyed". Always like this.

Brilliant logic!
MaxPower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:05 AM   #10
country flag moon language

moon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond reputemoon language has a reputation beyond repute

The kneejerkification of MTF.
moon language is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #11
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
dude come on.

You really think that any mentally sane player would be 6-0, 2-0 in a tankmatch? Or have MP in a tankmatch?

Murray has lost many tournaments in a row now having had MP(s). He lost SF vs Raonic in Japan having had 2 MPs. In Shanghai Final vs Djokovic he had 5 MPs. I guess he tanked those too?

That could be Murray's thing. He can be the matchpoint tank-man, Nadal the injury-guy and Djokovic the tank/retirement combo master. All fantards then got their excuses for all losses.

After all there is no way that the only one of those 3 that looked like he saved energy, a disinterested, tired-looking Del Potro, did tank when he got routined in 2 sets. Delpo is not a top4 so then he of course got "destroyed". Always like this.

Brilliant logic!
Pretty much Even though he actually has a lot less of this type of losses (vs lower ranked players) than Murray - who has tanked yesterday, vs Chardy, Garcia Lopez, Young, Bogomolov, the list goes on....
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
country flag Hian-GOAT
Banned!

Hian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond reputeHian-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Raonic a ballbasher Dude, this guy is a talentless servebot, he doesn't even know how to hit the ball three times in a row without making an UE.
Hian-GOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #13
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Rise of ballbashers? How many slams and masters have the ballbashers won recently? Del Potro comes to mind as the most recent slam winner and he's a fluke and MM king who can't win a masters title.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #14
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Soderling and Berdych were one win away from having a Grand Slam. Soderling two times.

If the courts get sped up, don't you think there's a big likelihood of seeing such players as Grand Slam winners?
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #15
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
Soderling and Berdych were one win away from having a Grand Slam. Soderling two times.

If the courts get sped up, don't you think there's a big likelihood of seeing such players as Grand Slam winners?
And if grandmother had balls, she'd be grandpa

The point is, the courts are not gonna be sped up and the most dominant players of this era are not ballbashers. In fact just because of a few upsets as of late people are just having a kneejerk reaction. If the top 3 was composed of Del Potro, Tsonga, Berdych and they had 30+ slams and 50+ masters between them, you'd have a point. The reality?

Clownga: ONE slam final in his career
Berdych: ONE slam final, one masters
Del Potro: ONE slam, no masters

others: journeymen who can cause an upset, but generally lack the game to stay consistent and win big titles.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote