Bubka falls from third floor window in Paris; suffers multiple fractures - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:29 AM   #46
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bubka falls from third floor window in Paris; suffers multiple fractures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
No way a sane man in a sober state would do that
I disagree with that, and he was locked in a bathroom for who knows how much time, if his friend had left him the flat, and he had no mobile phone ...

We just don't know

PS : it was not a in a hotel, it was in a friend's flat

PS2 : French newspaper l'Equipe says "4e étage" (5th floor) but probably there was a bad translation from English to French between both

Last edited by duong : 11-02-2012 at 09:39 AM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 09:37 AM   #47
country flag pesto

pesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bubka falls from third floor window in Paris; suffers multiple fractures

How do you get locked in a bathroom? Most bathrooms have bolts that work from the inside only.

I suppose we don't know, and may never know, the full story.

And "3e étage" is "3rd floor" in UK English.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #48
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
LOL you act like the guy died. He's got fractures ffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Ok well that sounds a little more serious. Just read the title and some of the OP. 10 hour surgery is heavy. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post
The youngest player in the WTA Top-100 is 18 years and 11 months old. See, nowadays not even paedophiles should be particularly interested in the women's tennis.
Dmitry Verdasco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #49
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
And "3e étage" is "3rd floor" in UK English.
it may be a matter of modern/ancient English, but when I was as school 30 years ago, I was taught only UK English and I was taught that "3e étage" in French is said 4th floor in English.

Anyway that's how it is in France :

-- 3e étage
-- 2e étage
-- 1er étage
-- rez-de-chaussée (ground floor, I think, in English)

now call it the way you want in your language.
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #50
country flag world atlas

world atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond repute

From Ukrainian site:

Google translation

Quote:
Threats to life Sergey Bubka Jr. No - Representative Embassy of Ukraine

Threats to life the son of the president of the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine Sergey Bubka - tennis Sergey Bubka Jr., which fell on Thursday with the third-floor apartment in Paris, no.

This UKRINFORM correspondent reported second secretary Department of Consular and Legal Affairs of the Embassy of Ukraine in France Oleg Prenzelevych who visited the clinic name. Georges Pompidou, where the athlete.

"Life Sergei Bubka is not in danger. As a result of the fall athlete received numerous broken bones. Doctors assess his condition as serious but not critical, definitive conclusions about its prospects will be made today after a thorough review and analysis of all parameters of life "- the Prenzelevych.

According to the diplomat, immediately after the incident, two of the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of France arrived in Paris hospital where admitted Bubka Jr., to provide, if necessary legal assistance.

As reported earlier, the Ukrainian tennis player (186 and World No.) 25-year-old Sergei Bubka Jr. on Thursday fell from the third floor of a building in Paris and received multiple fractures. The incident occurred at about 6:45 on the Avenue de Camoes, one of the most prestigious areas of Paris. The athlete returned from a party at one of French friends and going to the bathroom, accidentally locked in it. Being alone in the apartment, he tried to get to the next room through the window, but fell and fell. Hearing the noise, the neighbors called rescue and ambulance. Sergei Bubka Jr. was immediately hospitalized.

Roman Sushchenko, Paris. November 2, 2012.
Source:

ukrinform
world atlas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #51
country flag pesto

pesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond reputepesto has a reputation beyond repute

In UK English, it has always been the same as in French - ground floor is what it sounds like, then 1st floor is upstairs and so on.

US English has the 1st floor at ground level.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #52
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesto View Post
In UK English, it has always been the same as in French - ground floor is what it sounds like, then 1st floor is upstairs and so on.

US English has the 1st floor at ground level.
thanks and I'm surprised : my English teacher 30 years ago (I know her well because it was my mother actually ) had often been in the UK but never in the US
Old 11-02-2012, 10:55 AM   #53
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

The bathroom lock probably got stuck.

I hope Bubka recovers, I like watching him grind on the Challenger tour.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #54
country flag Minorellen

Minorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond reputeMinorellen has a reputation beyond repute

People what is wrong with you? He was (and probably still is) close to death!! What a stupid things you've been writing here??? Sergei IS a very GOOD person. How come You are soo heartless!
Minorellen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #55
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Harsh way to learn you can't fly like your dad...

Get well soon Sergei! Hope to see him play tennis again.

But makes you wonder if climbing was really the only option...
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #56
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

i really hope he recovers quickly and can say something about how is he feeling and that stuff
big hug to him

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:26 PM   #57
Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

I hope no serious brain injury after that
Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #58
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naudio Spanlatine View Post
Whats wrong with being an Azatard, im an Azatard and also follow her too?
I just thought it was weird that he's a Fedtard AND an Azatard.

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but three

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
Freakyman is a mythical figure who went bat shit insane during the 2012 ACC and got himself permbanned and the whole ACC with him.

He then forced an unban by sleeping with the entire moderation crew and these days you can see him post in a mellowed down version, while being under the influence of strong medication.
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:21 PM   #59
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Sergey recovers well and without any long term consequences! Terrible what happened... So sad.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:56 AM   #60
country flag world atlas

world atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond reputeworld atlas has a reputation beyond repute

News

1- Ubi Tennis (Italian)

Quote:
Bubka jr., A fractured arm and leg

The fall on Thursday from the third floor of an apartment in Paris resulted in Sergey Bubka jr ., son of champion pole vault, the fracture of the right arm, right leg and a badly bruised hip.
Saw what happened and given the budget of injuries, we can say that the Ukrainian tennis player was really lucky not to suffer the worst consequences.
Operated Hospital Georges Pompidou in Paris, it seems that Bubka jr. is at least morally already on the road to recovery: " It 'enough of spirit , "said his coach Bob Brett.
Stefano Tarantino
ubitennis

2- Gazeta Ukraine (Russian)

Quote:
04.11.2012 10:23
Sergei Bubka visited his son in Paris hospital

Bubka Sr. declined to comment details of the incident
Famed pole vaulter and current president of the NOC of Ukraine Sergey Bubka currently resides next to his son in a Parisian hospital, reports TSN channel "1 +1".
According to TSN, carried out at the clinic after surgery, according to his father, and his son "is all right." Bubka Sr. declined to comment details of the incident, saying only that it was an accident, and reported that his son to visit his girlfriend on Saturday, the first racket of the world Belarusian Victoria Azarenka.
As reported, on November 1st Ukrainian tennis player Sergei Bubka Jr. went to a friend who lives in a house on Avenue de Camoens in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, and after some time was locked in the bathroom. Trying to get out, tennis got to the window and fell.
At the moment, 25-year-old Bubka Jr. - 186th rank number ATP World Tour. According to media reports, Bubka Jr. became a close relationship with Azarenka.
gazeta.ua

3- newsru.ua

Quote:
Bubka Jr. underwent surgery. He visited a friend - Victoria Azarenka

time of publication: November 4, 2012, 14:59
Last Updated: November 4, 2012, 23:30

Ukrainian tennis player Sergiy Bubka - son of famous Soviet jumper vaulter Sergei Bubka - after the accident feels normal. Bubka Jr. fell from a window on the fourth floor of the Paris house.

According to his father, "Saturday son visited his girlfriend, the first racket of the world among women Belarusian Victoria Azarenka , "according to ITAR-TASS .

After the operation, "his son is okay," - said the president of the National Olympic Committee of Ukraine, famous pole vaulter who first broke the height of 6 meters, Sergey Bubka senior.

He refused to talk about details of the incident with his son, saying only that "it was an accident."

November 1 Bubka Jr. fell from the fourth floor of the Paris mansion.

Sergei Bubka Jr. was born February 10, 1987 in Donetsk, USSR, now trains in Monaco and San Remo.
newsru.ua

Google translation from : 1- Italian 2- Russian 3- Ukrainian
world atlas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote