Will Paris TMS be worse than Toronto? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-02-2012, 06:32 AM   #61
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Paris TMS be worse than Toronto?

It's already worse.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #62
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously, after spending three days in Paris and seeing the pathetic performance of the top players, I have only one thing to say: if Ferrer wins this one, it will be for one reason: because he actually came to Paris and played for real!

I mean, from all the defeats of top players, and watching them play, I had the very clear impression that for them, coming to Paris was a chore and that they had no intention of playing this tournament seriously. Now, I know the fault lies primarily with the ATP calendar and whoever thought it was a good idea to have no break between Paris and London.

But still. I am really quite disappointed in the attitude of many of the top players. Federer announced at the last minute he was not coming. Djokovic seems to have come just to avoid the penalty and a lot of the people in the audience had the clear impression that he had lost on purpose. Murray seemed to fight a little more, but was far from giving a good performance.
And Del Potro! My dear Mark Lenders, I was there to see him live yesterday, I was expecting it to be one of the highlights of my stay in Paris... And it was just pathetic! He played badly, made huge mistakes, did not even seem to care at all. Of course the crowd went crazy for Llodra, who was playing very well, it must be said. But I had DelPo fans next to me and they were just going mad with disappointment and disbelief.
Now I don't know if any of them has a really good excuse for their poor dislay, I haven't had time to check out the comments and reactions, because I was in Bercy all day long. But I can tell you the people there were hugely disappointed, some of them even quite bitter.

So, seriously, if Ferru wins this one, and I hope he will, all the DelPo fans and the others, just shut up already with that "vulturing" BS. Ferru may be world N°5, and also be going to London, but did come to Paris, he played it for real, he even came to sign autographs. He respects his fans and the audience. Let the others do the same and then you can whine about Ferrer not deserving to win.

Last edited by Sophitia36 : 11-02-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:54 PM   #63
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophitia36 View Post
Seriously, after spending three days in Paris and seeing the pathetic performance of the top players, I have only one thing to say: if Ferrer wins this one, it will be for one reason: because he actually came to Paris and played for real!

I mean, from all the defeats of top players, and watching them play, I had the very clear impression that for them, coming to Paris was a chore and that they had no intention of playing this tournament seriously. Now, I know the fault lies primarily with the ATP calendar and whoever thought it was a good idea to have no break between Paris and London.

But still. I am really quite disappointed in the attitude of many of the top players. Federer announced at the last minute he was not coming. Djokovic seems to have come just to avoid the penalty and a lot of the people in the audience had the clear impression that he had lost on purpose. Murray seemed to fight a little more, but was far from giving a good performance.
And Del Potro! My dear Mark Lenders, I was there to see him live yesterday, I was expecting it to be one of the highlights of my stay in Paris... And it was just pathetic! He played badly, made huge mistakes, did not even seem to care at all. Of course the crowd went crazy for Llodra, who was playing very well, it must be said. But I had DelPo fans next to me and they were just going mad with disappointment and disbelief.
Now I don't know if any of them has a really good excuse for their poor dislay, I haven't had time to check out the comments and reactions, because I was in Bercy all day long. But I can tell you the people there were hugely disappointed, some of them even quite bitter.

So, seriously, if Ferru wins this one, and I hope he will, all the DelPo fans and the others, just shut up already with that "vulturing" BS. Ferru may be world N°5, and also be going to London, but did come to Paris, he played it for real, he even came to sign autographs. He respects his fans and the audience. Let the others do the same and then you can whine about Ferrer not deserving to win.
Why would he care? He has just beaten Federer in a tournament final and has the fifth biggest tour event to compete for next week. Unlike Ferrer, he actually believes he can win bigger titles than Bercy (and he is correct) so he prioritized the WTF. For Ferrer, a M1000 with all top players tanking is the best it can ever get (and he's still not winning unless Tsonga and Berdych tank as well), for Del Potro it isn't - he has already won a Slam and reached a WTF final beating Federer on the way and believes he can compete for such titles now and in the future.

I know it sucks for the fans who came to see players like Djokovic or Delpo seeing them give very half assed efforts, but they can hardly be blamed - if you want to blame anyone for that bad experience, blame the ATP and their moronic scheduling. It's not that JMDP (or Nole, Murray....) does not respect the fans, he simply has bigger fish to fry and obviously does not want to burn himself out for London, especially having played the last two weeks.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #64
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
No, because Ferrer haters will suffer at the end of this tournament.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
If you don't mind me asking, what exactly will be the cause of their suffering?
Quote:
It all depends on how seriously Murray takes this tournament really, but you know what is the danger ahead for Ferrer haters if Murray decides to tank.
Quote:
I really don't. Unless you consider Ferrer losing to Tsonga (if he even beats Wawrinka) in QF dangerous for Ferrer haters (which would be bizarre), I really don't see any danger.

Besides, no matter how seriously Murray takes the tournament, he could lose to Tipsy (who has always caused him trouble) and especially Berdych (Tomas beat him here last year - no wind to mess up his serve and send his massive strokes out this time).

Ferrer's only chance of winning is if every WTF contestant withdraws/tanks; he has never beaten any of them in a semi or final of any tournament for a reason.

I warned you already before R2, predicting results in tennis seems to be my special gift in life and I just got 2500 dollars in betfair from this prediction. There is an absolutely clear hierarchy in tennis and that is:

Top 4>Ferrer>big power hitters>everyone else

Ferrer just owns those big power players more often than not, top 4 owns Ferrer and top 8 owns everyone else.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #65

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I warned you already before R2, predicting results in tennis seems to be my special gift in life and I just got 2500 dollars in betfair from this prediction. There is an absolutely clear hierarchy in tennis and that is:

Top 4>Ferrer>big power hitters>everyone else

Ferrer just owns those big power players more often than not, top 4 owns Ferrer and top 8 owns everyone else.
Congrats on winning 2500 dollars

But you were a bit lucky to get them tbf, because your hierarchy is very wrong. You'd deserve more credit if you had predicted all the seven best players in the world to tank/withdraw.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #66
country flag sexybeast

sexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond reputesexybeast has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Congrats on winning 2500 dollars

But you were a bit lucky to get them tbf, because your hierarchy is very wrong. You'd deserve more credit if you had predicted all the seven best players in the world to tank/withdraw.
I predicted Murray would basically tank and I knew Ferrer in present form was too much for Tsonga to handle.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #67
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Janowicz saved the tournament to be honest. That fairytale made it better than Toronto in my opinion

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #68

Quote:
I predicted Murray would basically tank and I knew Ferrer in present form was too much for Tsonga to handle.
Any player would have been 'too much for Tsonga to handle' since Jo tanked after securing WTF qualification.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:53 PM   #69
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Any player would have been 'too much for Tsonga to handle' since Jo tanked after securing WTF qualification.
He's playing so shit lately, I'm not sure his losses even qualify for a tank anymore.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #70
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certinfy View Post
That would make it one of the worst MS events in like 5 years.
I stick with this.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #71
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

fucking amazing people on mtf. for years they are whining about lack of competition when same 4 guys playing in semis of big tournaments, now when they got 3,5 new faces they are whining about mug tournament. we couldn't have had better tournament, only problem is that i doubt this would have happened in normal circumstances
Old 11-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #72
country flag fast_clay

fast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond reputefast_clay has a reputation beyond repute

this tournament was and always will be an accurate representation of tennis throwing off the shackles of communism and the corruption it breeds...

all players are not created equal

mtf posters are now welcome to eat shit
fast_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote