Djokovic to finish Number 1 for Second Straight year: Confirmed - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #31
country flag stebs

stebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond reputestebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Congratulations No1e! Year-end number 1!

Well deserved. Despite losing some important matches this year Djokovic has had another stellar season of staggering consistency. He didn't quite have the same mental stranglehold on the tour this year but technically, I think he is playing at a very, very high level.
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #32
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Well deserved!

Was a good year with lots of top players playing close to or at their best.
buzz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:01 PM   #33
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis-Life View Post
Hope Fed will trash him on WTF just to show who is a real #1
yes he will. I hope you are happy right now .
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #34
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Still that bagel in Cincinnati is not looking too bright in this year's resume
Old 10-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #35
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Congratulations Nole! Year-end number 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
I don't get it. your post is so silly. I understand you are a Fed fan, many great fans of Fed on this board, but show some respect man. So, we Djokotards should just go away.

give credit where the credit is due ... doesn't matter if it is Nole or whoever. and what is this BS about the computer #1? let me try to explain... players play 52 weeks of tennis, they get points for what they do... nowadays we use computers to calculate this stuff ...
Alex, explain this to the horde of morons who went on about computer #1 when Fed had it.

Anyway, this was kinda expected and well done to him for finding some form at the end of the season in comparison to last year.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On "vulturing" Shanghai
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
lucky win with Mayer, easy draw, Simon choked, Dull with appendicitis, Nole to become father, closed roof from organizers, Del Potro injured, Hrbaty retired
plenty to pick from
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #36
country flag Ackms421

Ackms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond reputeAckms421 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not a Fed fan by any means, but I have to say I am shocked that he gave up the race for YE#1. I know it's cliche'd to say that this may be his "last chance" to do anything, but at his age YE#1's are going to be rarer and rarer to come by. I guess it would be nothing more than a footnote if he ended this year as #1 considering all he's done, but as close as he is I'd have thought he'd have given it a go.

My favorite Federer and Nadal quotes following their 2008 Wimbledon final:

“But right now, it’s not much of a how do you say? a feel-good thing.”
-Roger Federer
"In the last game, I didn't see nothing. The true, I wasn't see nothing, no?"
-Rafael Nadal
Ackms421 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #37
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackms421 View Post
I am not a Fed fan by any means, but I have to say I am shocked that he gave up the race for YE#1. I know it's cliche'd to say that this may be his "last chance" to do anything, but at his age YE#1's are going to be rarer and rarer to come by. I guess it would be nothing more than a footnote if he ended this year as #1 considering all he's done, but as close as he is I'd have thought he'd have given it a go.
it was impossible, I can't remember Fed winning (and even playing) 3 indoor hardcourt tournaments in 3 weeks ever, not even to mention at 31 years old and in his current condition which is not very good, which is understandable at his age after what he did in the last year(s).

Besides, Djokovic looked great in Asia and seems to finish the year very well and even if Fed had won everything, which I think had 0.5% chance, Djokovic surely would have got the necessary points.

Yes for Fed it was certainly the last final possibility to be year-end number 1. Well he lost it in the US Open and Asia to a great player in his prime years (it would have been easier in the end of the 90s or beginning of the 2000s).

Now back to other goals : hoping to win the WTF, giving it a try in all slams and staying in top-4 as long as he can, because this is important to keep opportunities of winning slams, and this is not a given : Berdych, Del Po, Ferrer are fighting hard and Fed has not had a good second end of year so far which should usually be good for him.
Old 10-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #38
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats .Definately the player of the year
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #39
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

The tard war over the real no 1/computer no 1/No1e/No2e is fucking boring.

Expected Novak to re-take it though.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #40
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares if it was boring, it was a legitimate discussion on the fact that Novak had much better results in the big tournaments and was miles ahead in the race, and therefore could be seen as the real #1.

Now order has been restored

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #41
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
Who cares if it was boring, it was a legitimate discussion on the fact that Novak had much better results in the big tournaments and was miles ahead in the race, and therefore could be seen as the real #1.

Now order has been restored
Because it's the first time I can ever recall the ATP Race being considered the real world ranking and not the entry system. Suddenly it was all about the year and not the whole 365 days.

Boring fucking subject between two tedious fanbases.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:58 PM   #42
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Btw first one slam winner to be YEno1 since 2003 I think:wow:
buzz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #43
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Objetively speaking, its a good season, but losing two grand slam finals (with one of them going to 5 sets) has got to hurt

I would liken this to federer's 2008 year, its good but equally disappointing in many ways espicially when compared to their previous seasons.
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:09 PM   #44
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

2nd year as the #1, congrats Nole
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:14 PM   #45
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post

I would liken this to federer's 2008 year, its good but equally disappointing in many ways espicially when compared to their previous seasons.
it can very roughly be compared with Fed's 2009 by the disappointments in slam finals (and luck in another one : Aus 2012 and Wim 2009), but not with Fed's 2008 (Fed was not number 1 in 2008, only finished number 2 thanks to a win by Tsonga over Djokovic in the round-robin part of the WTF, and didn't win any masters 1000 tournament)