Djokovic to finish Number 1 for Second Straight year: Confirmed - Page 13 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-31-2012, 02:25 AM   #181
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic to finish Number 1 for Second Straight year:Confirmed

Federer will always have a chance to win Slams as long as he doesn't decline enough that he becomes vulnerable to players other than the current top 4 and big hitters. He can beat anyone on any given day, if he keeps consistently getting to the late stages of Slams the perfect storm is bound to take place. I'd not bet against Federer if he had a Ferrer-Murray-Djokovic/non top 4 finalist draw in a Slam, any Slam really.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 02:27 AM   #182
country flag tektonac

tektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond reputetektonac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
This year Nole was lucky to get YE #1 because he played Monte Carlo,Shanghai and Beijing to get
free points.Those are tournaments he did not play 2011 and got 2100 points.Let's see next year where he is going to play to gain such massive amount of points because he will need do defend
them first and to much to gain.
yep it was just pure luck. i expect someone to grab me by hand and hand me the YE #1 trophy.

Last edited by tektonac : 10-31-2012 at 02:33 AM.
tektonac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:50 AM   #183
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Can you imagine if Djokovic has played Those events as MC and Asia events last year and needed to defend them now. How do you think he got those extra points ?! He lost alot of points because he did not defend his titles and MC 1000,Shanghai1000 and Beijing500 just come to him like haven, I wanted to say he is lucky because he did not play them last year.
pepita1964 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:59 AM   #184
country flag cinny

cinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond reputecinny has a reputation beyond repute

I think you are not making any sense. If Novak did play those tournaments last year and won, and he still played them and did well in them like this year, then he would have been number 1 for longer this year! If he played well at the end of the season last year, he would not have lost the number 1 after Wimbledon, being so close behind Fed because Fed did well at the end of the season last year. What he played last year has nothing to do when this year's season ends.
cinny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:39 AM   #185
country flag MinioNole

MinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond reputeMinioNole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Can you imagine if Djokovic has played Those events as MC and Asia events last year and needed to defend them now. How do you think he got those extra points ?! He lost alot of points because he did not defend his titles and MC 1000,Shanghai1000 and Beijing500 just come to him like haven, I wanted to say he is lucky because he did not play them last year.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #186
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny View Post
I think you are not making any sense. If Novak did play those tournaments last year and won, and he still played them and did well in them like this year, then he would have been number 1 for longer this year! If he played well at the end of the season last year, he would not have lost the number 1 after Wimbledon, being so close behind Fed because Fed did well at the end of the season last year. What he played last year has nothing to do when this year's season ends.
Well said.
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:29 AM   #187
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Djokovic to finish Number 1 for Second Straight year: Confirmed

Yep, if Novak won a lot last autumn, then he would've never lost #1, I guess Pepita wants to have his cake and eat it
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #188
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Same as it does for any other part of year then. It only reflects who's the best player in one calendar year and it's still somewhat significant.
And thats why its important .You measure the performance of a player by the calender year and not somewhere in June
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #189
country flag Pucho

Pucho has a reputation beyond reputePucho has a reputation beyond reputePucho has a reputation beyond reputePucho has a reputation beyond reputePucho has a reputation beyond reputePucho has a reputation beyond reputePucho has a reputation beyond reputePucho has a reputation beyond reputePucho has a reputation beyond reputePucho has a reputation beyond reputePucho has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be so harsh on Pepita1964! She probably started watching tennis when her countryman won a Grand Slam.

Anyway, well done to Novak for finishing 2nd year as the world no.1 and backing up that sensational 2011 season with a very good one in 2012.

And also well done to Roger for almost finishing it at no.1 at the age of 31. It was an exciting race all the way till the end.

Janko Tipsarević....(Highest ranking: 08)... (Titles/finals: 4/7).......(Ranking/Race: 155/0)
Viktor Troicki......... (Highest ranking: 12)... (Titles/finals: 1/4).......(Ranking/Race: 468/340)
Dušan Lajović........(Highest ranking: 58)....(Titles/finals: 0/0).......(Ranking/Race: 61/50)
Filip Krajinović....... (Highest ranking: 112)..(Titles/finals: 0/0).......(Ranking/Race: 112/86)
Pucho is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #190
country flag saviopr

saviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post

the fact that #1 changes hands makes the race for year end no 1 even more important

sampras and agassi, 1995
sampras and rios, 1998
roddick and federer, 2003
djokovic and federer, 2012

some examples
Actually: Hewitt, Agassi, Ferrero and Roddick, 2003
saviopr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #191
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Pepita is looking for some attention, being silly but whatever.

As a Nole fan I just want to address so many great Roger fans here. Rog still had an amazing year my friends. My feeling is that after he broke all records (300 weeks etc) it was not that important to him and there is no way he can keep up with younger players on a regular basis. He will probably show us his brilliance again and win maybe another slam (I still have him as fav. for W) but let's be realistic here, he is getting older. what the hell I'm getting older too, lol.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #192
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviopr View Post
Actually: Hewitt, Agassi, Ferrero and Roddick, 2003
federer was in the running for no 1 in 2003, hewitt really wasn't...

point still stands

when the slams and masters are split, the year end championship and year end no 1 become the deciders, as they rightly should be
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #193
country flag Radalek

Radalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond reputeRadalek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really? You realize that if he had played those events last year HE WOULD ALREADY HAVE THOSE POINTS. He would not need extra ones, since...he already has them. He would be #1 already and would just stay where he is after winning them again. Federer would not be #1 in that case long before Asian swing. Hell, he might have stayed 1 week behind Sampras in that case as well.
Starting to think you're trolling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
Who is going to break him? Chardy?
Chardy breaks Murray three times in a row right after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapeod View Post
My tennis expertise is in the top 5%
Radalek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:22 PM   #194
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinioNole View Post

Still can't understand. What he did in 2011 has nothing to dow with his actual ranking. If he didn't play or if he won the tournament it doesn't matter. The amount of points he has now would be the same one.
BauerAlmeida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote