Wimbledon Ballot 2013 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
country flag Travod

Travod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wimbledon Ballot 2013

So I live in New York and I just mailed an envelope to get the ballot. Sooooooo... how does it work? I just say I want tickets and then if I'm lucky and get any it's a random day?

Awkward.
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wimbledon Ballot 2013

Good question : I've thought of going to Wimbledon for long but the procedures looked so mysterious, I would be interested to have infos from "someone who knows".

Ps : the procedures for the Olympics unfortunately didn't look encouraging either
Old 12-07-2012, 07:29 PM   #3
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute

It's a fucked up system. Even the pricing is even worse, Court 2 is only like £10 more than Centre Court for the first week or so, that's just messed up.

Just go on Ticketmaster the morning before (there's a specific time) and there are 500 tickets remaining for a few courts including CC, it's hard to get the tickets but providing you do it right you'll get them. Also better as you'll have a rough idea of who's going to be playing on the main court those days.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #4
country flag decrepitude

decrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond reputedecrepitude has a reputation beyond repute

In answer to the OP, yes, it's a random day and a random court. You get offered two tickets, take it or leave it. They can get away with this because it is always massively oversubscribed.

The info about Ticketmaster will work fine if you live an easy distance from Wimbledon. If, like me, you have to arrange train tickets and hotels, it's no good at all. It's the only time of the year that I'm really jealous of people living in the south of England!

Following ANDY MURRAY and all British tennis on
http://www.freewebs.com/britishtennis/stats.html
(click on GB Tennis Forum)
decrepitude is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:25 PM   #5
country flag Travod

Travod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond reputeTravod has a reputation beyond repute

Just got the ballot in the mail today... and just mailed it back. Basically all they wanted is my name and address. They got that from the envelope the first time.