About the suppression of the week between Paris and the WTF - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-29-2012, 08:34 AM   #16
country flag Just like heaven

Just like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond reputeJust like heaven has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: About the suppression of the week between Paris and the WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
CTRL + F: "Ljubicic".

Credibility : 0.

Exit.
Just like heaven is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #17
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond reputeRaiden has a reputation beyond repute

It's a travesty that needs to be rectified.

ATP is perpetrating the tennis-schedule equivalent of screwing/rŕpe.
Raiden is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 AM   #18
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute

it's a nonsense, or a bold move to get rid of Paris.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:14 AM   #19
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

the ATP did create this mess. the only thing is I don't know what the solution is. I'm strongly against getting rid of tournaments tho. maybe nothing should be mandatory, simply let players play whatever they want to. fans will suffer but let it be. I'd rather see that then players tanking matches, pretending with injuries or really being injured.

It's funny that guys here predicted so many things right. i.e Fed out of Paris was everywhere... etc. Nole last year after the USO win didn't give a f/uck for anything including the WTF, he just kinda showed up for some tournaments, and that was it.

every year at the end of the season we have the same story. tired, uninspired, injured tennis pros. Again, my solution would be to simply let players play whatever they want to. no mandatory events.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:59 AM   #20
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Guy Forget, Paris-Bercy new director, hopes Bercy to be played in february in 2014, he says the ATP board will decide in 2 weeks.

If they don't give him that, he asked the week between Bercy and the WTF to be back.

http://www.welovetennis.fr/atp-paris-bercy/57733-forget-on-essaie-de-bouger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999
every year at the end of the season we have the same story. tired, uninspired, injured tennis pros.
it's not the problem here : never during the year do top-players play 3 hardcourt tournaments 3 weeks in a row, especially such high level tournaments, in the beginning or the end of the year. And Basel and Valencia used to be played by these players when their schedule was better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999
Again, my solution would be to simply let players play whatever they want to. no mandatory events.
that would be a huge backward movement to what the Tour was in the 70s and 80s, and no I strongly disagree that it would be good, the Tour would all be about money and you would not see the top-players regularly together. The introduction of the MAsters 1000 tournaments (thanks to the top-players' ask in the "parking lot" during the US Open 1988) was a great improvement of the Tour.

Anyway this proposal is not under way.

The one which is under way is to have less mandatory tournaments, and clearly Paris-Bercy has been the one targetted to lose its MS1000 status for long.

And anyway, the decision to suppress the week between Paris-Bercy and the WTF solved absolutely nothing on these topics. Ljubicic (and Fed before) was absolutely right on these points : it solves nothing, it's a purely cosmetic change which raises more problems than has advantages. The only beneficiaries of that suppression are the ones who dislike indoor tennis, notably Nadal. And it's very bad for fans who attend these tournaments.

But yes, this is just an intermediate change, there are other plans under way in next years, and these plans, which all come from Nadal and Djokovic initially, may be considered as better by some of the fans even though indoor tennis will probably be the main victim of these.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:28 PM   #21
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Dreadful decision but I'm not against moving Bercy to February as long as its status is maintained.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #22
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
CTRL + F: "Ljubicic".

Credibility : 0.

Exit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just like heaven View Post
Oh, how surprising to find Nadulle fans agreeing on this.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #23
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope Paris recovers from this stupidity .It really is my favourate masters 1000 event after Rome .I dont want it in Feb but getting that week back will be awesome
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Oh, how surprising to find Nadulle fans agreeing on this.
not all Nadal-fans : Just like Heaven has a specific allergy to Ljubicic.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #25
country flag niff

niff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond reputeniff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
not all Nadal-fans : Just like Heaven has a specific allergy to Ljubicic.
Only because of comments he's made about Nadal
niff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #26
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by niff View Post
Only because of comments he's made about Nadal
that's called love
Old 10-29-2012, 05:07 PM   #27
country flag DJ Soup

DJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond reputeDJ Soup has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherer View Post
Tennis was invented in France
(and was played Indoors at first, so not on grass.)
"Tennis" comes from the French tenez.
"Racquet" comes from raquette.
"Deuce" comes from ŕ deux le jeu.
"Love" is widely believed to come from l'oeuf.
The convention of numbering scores "15", "30" and "40" comes from quinze, trente and quarante, which to French ears makes a euphonious sequence.
you are correct and I'm wrong for using the word 'invent'. However it was the UK that brought up the modern game.
DJ Soup is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #28
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

That was stupid decision, I can`t believe it was ever voted for. And moving Paris to be played in February wouldn`t solve the questions, but create new ones.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #29
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Soup View Post
I think it's fair that Paris should be the victim tournament, because it also has RG for pete's sake

I agree with this.
Make Monte Carlo a real Masters again and make Paris a 500 in the Indoor season before the WTF with Basel and Valencia all in different weeks so Top Players can chose 2 or 3 of these tournaments and have a week rest inbetween if they need it.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:51 PM   #30
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

hamburg should never have been downgraded

unfortunately the ATP preferred madrid flavoured cash

monte carlo is fine as it is

paris won't be downgraded, no reason to. players barely play/take interest in it as a masters. if they downgrade, might as well forget about attracting quality (see: hamburg)
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote