Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment. - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 10-29-2012, 01:51 AM   #31
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sen'jin Village
Age: 29
Posts: 17,777
Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
colour me surprised but believe me brother, it's far worse in europe, esp. if you're arab looking.

the worst kind of racist is the one who likes to make himself look as the progressive type, who would never claim to be a racist and who probably doesn't really think of himself as one either, the one who usually claims to be an atheist and uses that image to attack other peoples because of their religious beliefs and has no problems sympathizing with right wing politicians with an anti immigration agenda. there are actually quite a few of those here.
It's not racist in the least to attack other people's religion. Religion is a choice, your race isn't. There is a big difference.

It's also not racist to have "anti immigration agenda" either.

People like you are exteremly annoying for trying to bring racial argument into everything, when in reality the "racism" is actually driven by pragmatism rather than racial hatred (ie Not allowing refugees into a country because harboring them would strain the economy and anger the taxpayers).
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-29-2012, 04:16 AM   #32
country flag Filo V.
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,909
Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
colour me surprised but believe me brother, it's far worse in europe, esp. if you're arab looking.
I know it is given what I've read Europeans say about racism in those countries, and given what I've read about racism in those countries, which is scary to think about. There's a PC thing in North America that keeps many USA and Canadian citizens from saying what they really mean but that blinder is off throughout much of Europe.

Quote:
the worst kind of racist is the one who likes to make himself look as the progressive type, who would never claim to be a racist and who probably doesn't really think of himself as one either, the one who usually claims to be an atheist and uses that image to attack other peoples because of their religious beliefs and has no problems sympathizing with right wing politicians with an anti immigration agenda. there are actually quite a few of those here.
In Europe are on this site? Because if you mean on this site, I have a clue who you're implying. If not, then yes, I totally know what you're saying and yes, A LOT of social progressive, starbucks, athiest types look down on people of different races bar Asians. Since from my experience, a lot of Asians run in these crowds. And they definitely do look down on other races/origins, and they pity them. They consider them trashy, unsophisticated and uncivil. Hear about this all the time.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #33
country flag Filo V.
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,909
Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Uninteresting..




So many people use anti-racism to mask how disgusting themselves are. It bores me.
Translation: So many people appear tolerant when they're actually intolerant of intolerance.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #34
country flag Filo V.
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,909
Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxPower View Post
yeah it's a big problem. Need more black/hispanic people in major power positions in America. Like you got a Black President. That surely is a good sign. I mean if a majority of the population votes for a black man as president there is some hope isn't there?
Unfortunately, Obama was voted in in-spite of his race. We see in this years' election, where the race divide is huge, that the USA is not at all in a racial harmonious place.

Quote:
Now everything is so blured anyway. Black? what the hell does that even mean.
This I actually agree with because the overwhelming majority of people of color are not black whatsoever. We are brown of different shades, or have sand-colored complexion. The whole black thing ties back to slavery and Africa. It's a long story and I'm not really the one to tell it. But segregation and rigid racial distinctions are all racial/racist as you effectively noted, and need to be dropped. We're all human in the end.

Quote:
And how come a child of a caucasian parent and a black parent is considered black? It's no more black than white? It's all a very very very stupid situation imo.
Easy answer: Racism. It goes back to the whole once you go black you never go back mentality. Once a kid is tainted with "blackness" then they are no longer pure. But the reality is that most people on Earth are mixed. So that racial purist mentality is completely aimless and ignorant.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:13 AM   #35
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,301
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

So we need everyone to sleep with everyone and hate lots of kids and this will solve this problem.
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:23 AM   #36
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,301
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
Yes, he really said it, during ACC campaigning last year.
Thank you
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:47 AM   #37
country flag abraxas21
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 12,440
abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
It's not racist in the least to attack other people's religion.
obviously not but you dont get the point i made. some of the people who deem to present themselves as rational and fair, use some aspects of a racial group's culture to demonize them. religion is often used against arabs by both open far right jackasses and also by a bunch of pseudo intellectual snobs who hide a racist agenda.

Quote:
It's also not racist to have "anti immigration agenda" either.
not per se, but such is usually the case.

Quote:
"racism" is actually driven by pragmatism rather than racial hatred (ie Not allowing refugees into a country because harboring them would strain the economy and anger the taxpayers).
hmmmm no. you have a very simple view of the reality. things aren't that way. right wing politicians usually use those motives to prevent immigration but deep down hide a racist agenda. it's pretty obvious to see.
__________________
abraxas21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #38
country flag Shinoj
Registered User
 
Shinoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,653
Shinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond reputeShinoj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

I like Blacks in the US. They have created their Own Powerful Identity in the States. They are the inventor the Rap Music, Major AMerican Sports like Basketball,American Football are all dominated by Blacks. They have their Own Powerful identity there. And i dont think any White Messes with the blacks anymore.
Shinoj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #39
country flag Jverweij
Registered User
 
Jverweij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Age: 31
Posts: 3,635
Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

The way not to approach racism, is to tell people how to feel. The way to approach it is to find out why people feel this way, and then do something about that. We should first of all distinguish between two forms of racism: an unconscious form and an open form. Psychological tests have shown that 'racism' is a much more common feature in people than we might think. People try not to be racist, but when under stress their choices will be influenced by racial stereotypes.

I think open racism is rare, and will be mocked and branded, so they should not really get into this discussion. The question is how do we get rid of all sorts of racial stereotypes? I think a first step would be to change media-coverage. Studies have already show that black people in America are unconsciously seen as more dangerous than white people (even by black people). This has to do with the ridiculous discrepancy in news coverage of crimes committed by black people, when compared to white people.

In my country the same thing has happened to Arab people (as another poster already said). Because of all the negativity surrounding Arabs in the Netherlands, a negative stereotype is created within all inhabitants of my country, resulting in negative racial stereotyping of about 2 million people.

Last edited by Jverweij : 10-29-2012 at 10:21 AM.
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #40
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON
 
buddyholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: LUBBOCK TX
Posts: 13,865
buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post

the worst kind of racist is the one who likes to make himself look as the progressive type, who would never claim to be a racist and who probably doesn't really think of himself as one either, the one who usually claims to be an atheist and uses that image to attack other peoples because of their religious beliefs and has no problems sympathizing with right wing politicians with an anti immigration agenda. there are actually quite a few of those here.
What do you say to someone who can't differentiate between religion and race? Nothing! Why bother?

abraxas thinks atheists are right wing racist rednecks
filo, in the post after this, thinks atheists are racist progressive socialists

Go figure!
__________________
JOIN THE CHURCH OF THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER TODAY

Last edited by buddyholly : 10-29-2012 at 03:38 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #41
country flag GOATsol
Registered User
 
GOATsol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Age: 19
Posts: 2,085
GOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond reputeGOATsol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
In Europe are on this site? Because if you mean on this site, I have a clue who you're implying. If not, then yes, I totally know what you're saying and yes, A LOT of social progressive, starbucks, athiest types look down on people of different races bar Asians. Since from my experience, a lot of Asians run in these crowds. And they definitely do look down on other races/origins, and they pity them. They consider them trashy, unsophisticated and uncivil. Hear about this all the time.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noserer View Post
Nadal of course. He and Djokovic are by far the most likeable members in top 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
As a knowledgable tennis fan (unlike some people here), I can tell you exactly that. There are tennis players who have problems with playing indoor tennis because of the different lights, different sounds etc. compared to outdoors and Nadal is obvioulsy one of those players.
GOATsol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #42
country flag Punky
Registered User
 
Punky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: English Myple and proud
Posts: 31,301
Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

here open Racism - i cant stand, u can use the word hate, the Hasidim in my country, they dont work, dont go to the army, They do not learn anything Except Scripture Religion, they do not contribute anything to the country, they hate me b/c im not crazy like them, they hate Gays, Arabs, atheists. well Instead of writing who they hate it will be easy to write who they love - no one Only themselves.

i really really cant stand them and they are all the same to me, i wish i could send them to an island far far away from here..
__________________
Hug it out as long as it takes, people
--------------------------------------------
"People were created to be loved
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:57 AM   #43
country flag Filo V.
Banned!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sleeping in the house of my latest jumpoff.
Posts: 34,909
Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOATsol View Post
A lot of well-to-do whites have no issue associating with well-to-do Asians because well-to-do Asians regularly are apart of the same communities well-to-do whites come from. Also the stereotypes of Asians aren't the same stereotypes black and Hispanic individuals have to deal with. The stereotypes Asians generally are forced to deal with are that they are all doctors or surgeons, they are all math wizards, that their families are all super harsh, they're all expected to be ultra smart, ultra bookish. Like they're computers. So with that being said, the racist elitist white types don't view Asians as harshly in many cases (definitely not all) because they see particular groups of Asians as smart, having a lot of money, and cultured, unlike Hispanics and blacks. These same people see Hispanics and blacks as uncultured and unsophisticated, ghetto, poor and uneducated in virtually all cases. It all comes down to stereotypes.

That's what I've read and seen.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:19 AM   #44
country flag abraxas21
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 12,440
abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
What do you say to someone who can't differentiate between religion and race? Nothing! Why bother?

abraxas thinks atheists are right wing racist rednecks
filo, in the post after this, thinks atheists are racist progressive socialists

Go figure!


you clearly didn't understand anything
__________________
abraxas21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:23 AM   #45
country flag abraxas21
Registered User
 
abraxas21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Age: 28
Posts: 12,440
abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Majority of Americans hold anti-black and anti-Hispanic sentiment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
here open Racism - i cant stand, u can use the word hate, the Hasidim in my country, they dont work, dont go to the army, They do not learn anything Except Scripture Religion, they do not contribute anything to the country, they hate me b/c im not crazy like them, they hate Gays, Arabs, atheists. well Instead of writing who they hate it will be easy to write who they love - no one Only themselves.

i really really cant stand them and they are all the same to me, i wish i could send them to an island far far away from here..
__________________
abraxas21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios