WWW Paris Masters + Main draw discussion - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW?

Federer 10 12.35%
Djokovic 34 41.98%
Murray 17 20.99%
Ferrer 2 2.47%
Berdych 5 6.17%
Tsonga 3 3.70%
Del Potro 6 7.41%
Other 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2012, 11:42 PM   #106
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW Paris Masters + Main draw discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOFH View Post
Obviously at 100% it wouldn't matter what the draw was, Federer would win as clearly the best indoorer out there. Now though with Basel I'm quite suspect on his energy levels being sufficient to give everything to this and still be ready for WTF. Considering the #1 was pretty much lost as Shanghai I'd think he won't win this and I'm more interested in what Murray does. Can he continue to build on the slam and aggressive play (he really should've beaten No2e in 2 at Shanghai but oh well) and take this one as well, or will he suffer another random loss we've accustomed to see from him in tournaments like these.
His draw is fine and I doubt that his energy level is bad. I understand that you, as his fan, feel concerned but don't be. I have some concerns with Nole and his draw but hey that's why they are the bestest of the bestest. Fed, of course being the bestest .

Sometimes, I think we tennis fans are looking at out favorite players as pets. Did he pee, did he eat right today? What did he say? What is he thinking? lol ... I don't know, it's sad but it's also fun.

anyway, wouldn't be too worried about Fed in Paris at all. Fed has always managed his schedule and his form just fine.

Last edited by Alex999 : 10-26-2012 at 11:52 PM.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #107
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
Fed fans, on the other hand, are entirely different story. They don't have faith in him to regroup and put on his A game at the end of the season, after he's done it so many times.
no going far in 3 big indoor tournaments 3 weeks in a row Fed has not done for a long long long time imo, this year the schedule made to satisfy Nadal's and Djokovic's desiderata just prevented any potential triple win.

Better being fit for the WTF than going far in Bercy and being tired in the WTF, which would be stupid.

Anyway, maybe Simon will help Fed not to go far, but my problem is that I have tickets for that session and well attending live a corrida with Simon and the French public against Fed, I don't want (the only Frenchman who would have been fitting for that in my eyes is Mathieu, the nicest of all, or Tsonga the second nicest)
Old 10-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #108
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

If any top three make the final then they're playing on Sunday, getting a Eurostar in the evening and then going straight into action on the Tuesday (or even the Monday if their group is drawn to play first!)

There is no way they are going to stick around in Bercy after the QF stage. No chance of a Kohli at Kitz episode. Think Berdych may do the same.

I could see Tsonga sticking around seeing as its a home event.

But besides that? Del Potro could take it seriously in a bid to get that first TMS trophy, but then it's four weeks in a row for him.

New champion. Book it.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:56 PM   #109
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
His draw is fine and I doubt that his energy level is bad. I understand that you, as his fan, feel concerned but don't be. I have some concerns with Nole and his draw but hey that's why they are the bestest of the bestest. Fed, of course being the bestest .

Sometimes, I think we tennis fans are looking at out favorite players as pets. Did he pee, did he eat right today? What did he say? What is he thinking? lol ... I don't know, it's sad but it's also fun.

anyway, wouldn't be too worried about Fed in Paris at all. Fed has always managed his schedule and his form just fine.
Djokovic is the bestest of the bestest : number 1 in one week with (probably more than) 2000 points advance, in his prime years, hugely solid, and has not played for 2 weeks.

Fed usually plays shit in Paris and the schedule this year is not made to play Basel+Paris+WTF, esp. for a 31-year old guy, that's a nonsense to play the 3 of them of the priority is the WTF as it should.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #110
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

sanya That is why Fed left IMG and Rafa took six months ' an injury' time off. Fed said enough is enough.I wll not going to play this game at RG and next thing Nadal won 7 FO then out for six months.Someone should know something more than the blind fans.
pepita1964 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #111
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

i hipe andy or roger win this

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Berankis-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Kike Lopez-Perez
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:27 AM   #112
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

On further consideration, I think Djoker takes this. Fed can't play 3 weeks in a row on hardcourts at this age, and Murray will be extra weary about playing too much/injury himself before the final WTF in London (especially after last year's fiasco). And I don't see any of the other guys beating Djokovic, especially not Berdych who is the best of the rest.

And hasn't Djoker already won the YEC? If he wins Paris there is no way Fed can catch him for #1. All signs point to Nole.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:52 AM   #113
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

From the looks of it, Berdych is definitely reaching the SF.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #114
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzahLovah View Post
On further consideration, I think Djoker takes this. Fed can't play 3 weeks in a row on hardcourts at this age, and Murray will be extra weary about playing too much/injury himself before the final WTF in London (especially after last year's fiasco). And I don't see any of the other guys beating Djokovic, especially not Berdych who is the best of the rest.

And hasn't Djoker already won the YEC? If he wins Paris there is no way Fed can catch him for #1. All signs point to Nole.
I hope you're right...

But Nole's got all the big servers lined up: Querrey, Raonic, Isner/Delpo... He doesn't like playing big servers, he's bad at TBs... I don't know, he may lose early and focus on the WTF.

None of the top players are going to kill themselves here and risk injury or exhaustion in London...
Old 10-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #115
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone who calls DelPo a big server should have their MTF account suspended.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them

Last edited by Looner : 10-27-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #116
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
If Fed wants something he will get it.I do not know how someone can doubt about him !!! Do you see Cincy final vs Djokovic or Nadal /Federer 63 60 last year.If Fed really wants something no one can take it away from him.Does not people get their lesson by now ?!
Why didn't he get the 2011 US Open semifinal then? Do you remember how pissed off he was at the presser, saying he felt he should be doing the other presser, that it was really tough losing to a guy like Novak? He really, really wanted that... And Novak took it away from him.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #117
country flag Yolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Anyone who calls DelPo a big serve should have their MTF account suspended.

You have a point there... I tried to simplify: Isner is a big server and Delpo is a bad match-up for Nole... I'm just frazzling, like all the fans here...
Old 10-27-2012, 01:28 AM   #118
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG Federer's path to the final could be:

Simon
Nishikori
Berdych
Murray
Djokovic

Simon has an excellent head-to-head and is the highest ranked unseeded player. Nishikori is in good form and the rest speak for themselves.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:32 AM   #119
country flag Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
someone fixed this draw for Fed
Tsonga the true fix, as if he's deep in tournament they make the most $. I called him being on same side as Ferrer. Who knew
Say Hey Kid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:00 AM   #120
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

Draw rigged for Nishikori.

Yay
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote