WWW Paris Masters + Main draw discussion - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: WWW?

Federer 10 12.35%
Djokovic 34 41.98%
Murray 17 20.99%
Ferrer 2 2.47%
Berdych 5 6.17%
Tsonga 3 3.70%
Del Potro 6 7.41%
Other 4 4.94%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-26-2012, 05:08 PM   #31
country flag Greystoke

Greystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond reputeGreystoke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WWW Paris Masters + Main draw discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yes, but if Fed withdraws they will not give the LL the draw of the #1 seed, Novak will be bumped to #1 seed. Just trying to understand how it'd work if there was more than one withdrawal, how it'd affect the draw.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Du...en%27s_Singles
in this tournament they put tommy robredo in federer's place when he withdrew
Greystoke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2012, 05:09 PM   #32
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Yes, but if Fed withdraws they will not give the LL the draw of the #1 seed, Novak will be bumped to #1 seed. Just trying to understand how it'd work if there was more than one withdrawal, how it'd affect the draw.
#2 replaces #1.
#3 replaces #2.
#5 replaces #3.
#9 replaces #5.
#17 (previously unseeded) replaces #9
LL goes where #17 was before.

That's usually how it works.

If any match in the main draw has been played, though, they can't shuffle the draw around. The LL simply replaces whoever withdrew directly.
The Prince is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:10 PM   #33
country flag Lleyton_

Lleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond reputeLleyton_ has a reputation beyond repute

Olderer finally won this fu.king tournament last year so he won't hesitate to withdraw like the coward he is. Grandpas gonna rest.
Lleyton_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:18 PM   #34
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bulldog View Post
#2 replaces #1.
#3 replaces #2.
#5 replaces #3.
#9 replaces #5.
#17 (previously unseeded) replaces #9
LL goes where #17 was before.

That's usually how it works.
I've never seen anything like that ; I know the rule for grand slams but as for ATP tournaments, I search in the rulebook and find nothing, I've only seen the seed replaced by a lucky-loser.

Only thing I've found in the rulebook is that if 2 of the top-8 seeds withdraw before the start, they are allowed to re-make the draw (but I don't think they would : it was on TV)
Old 10-26-2012, 05:21 PM   #35
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Horror draw for Roger....

If there was any little chance of him playing Paris it is now certainly gone.

Better rest up and try to defend the WTF.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #36
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I've found that in the rulebook page 109 :

Quote:
E. Qualifying started or finished
1) During Qualifying Competition. If a lucky loser position should become available
during the qualifying competition, it shall be treated the same as the qualifying
places for placement in the main draw. If a seeded player or team withdraws
after the main draw has been made but prior to the release of the order of play for
the first day of main draw (which would mean prior to sunday's OOP if I'm not mistaken),
the vacancy created by the withdrawal of a seed shall
be filled by the following method:
a) 16/24 (Doubles)/32/48/64 and 96 Draw. The vacancy shall be filled by the
next highest positioned player or team in the main draw eligible to be seeded.
The appropriate lucky loser shall fill the remaining vacancy.
b) 28 Draw. If the vacancy involves a seed #1-4, then seed #5 moves to the
vacated seed position and the next highest positioned player in the main draw
eligible to be seeded shall be placed in the position vacated by the #5 seed.
The appropriate lucky loser shall fill the remaining vacancy.
c) 56 Draw. If the vacancy involves a seed #1-8, then seed #9 moves to the
vacated seed position and the next highest positioned player or team in the
main draw eligible to be seeded shall be placed in the position vacated by the
#9 seed. The appropriate lucky loser shall fill the remaining vacancy.
If the vacancy involves a seed #9-16, then the next highest positioned player
or team in the main draw eligible to be seeded shall be placed in the vacated
seed position. The appropriate lucky loser shall fill the remaining vacancy.
Then if I understand well, if/when Federer withdraws, Monaco would replace Federer, Kohlschreiber would replace Monaco and a lucky-loser would replace Kohlschreiber.

Anyway the draw would be quite balanced as Berdych would have been top-4 seed if Fed had not been in the draw, and he's in Fed's quarter.

It's not good for Fedfans, but anyway I have tickets for wednesday, but the worst match-up I would watch for Fed is Fed-Simon, this match-up usually gives me allergies, much worse than Fed-Nadal (only 3 matches I've stopped watching in my life because I felt too bad during the match were Fed-Simon in AO 2011, Fed-Benneteau Wimbledon 2012 and Fed-Tsonga WTF 2011, I've watched all Fed-Nadals matches until the end including the crush in FO 2008. And being French, when it's against a Frenchman in front of the French audience and with the French TV I watch supporting the Frenchman, I feel very bad, it's the worst cases for me -I remember Fed-Monfils in Bercy 2010 with the president of the French tennis federation booing Fed for netcords ).

Then watching Fed crushed by Simon live, and with the support of the French audience for Simon : GOD PLEASE NO. I hope Fed will withdraw.

Last edited by duong : 10-26-2012 at 05:40 PM.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:25 PM   #37
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Fed couldn't have got worse draw. But anyway he won't play and even if he plays he wouldn't go even through much easier draws how currently he is playing. The best decision would be withdrawal and trying to pull out some miracle improvements in this week
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #38
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Roger would have been dumb to play this. Having seen his draw, he would be even dumber.
302 weeks at #1
7 Wimbledon titles
23 consecutive slam SF
3/4 slams on 3 occasions
4 consecutive Laureus sportsman of the year awards
Proving the haters wrong...priceless
Honestly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #39
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

All the Fedards who are saying "oh he should withdraw, he will withdraw, our precious champion must rest, he is weak and no good anymore, he can't beat another good player this season" just made my day, don't forget if he doesn't play he won't finish #1, probably won't anyway, but at least he still has a chance.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Last edited by J99 : 10-26-2012 at 06:04 PM.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #40
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
The draw :

Federer
Baghdatis-Simon
Paire-Andujar
Nishikori

Berdych
Seppi-Klizan
Bellucci-Anderson
Gasquet

Murray
Mathieu-Q/SE
Kohlschreiber-Q/SE
Cilic

Tipsarevic
Dolgopolov-Q/SE
Melzer-Q/SE
Monaco

Djokovic
Querrey-Verdasco
Chardy-Q/SE
Raonic

Del Potro
Flo Mayer-Q/SE
Stepanek-Llodra
Isner

Ferrer
Youzhny-Granollers
Istomin-Q/SE
Wawrinka

Tsonga
Benneteau-Troicki
Lopez-Ramos
Almagro
Looks weak.
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #41
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, is Fed now afraid of Simon? Screw that shit, go play like a man if you already entered the draw.
Will he get a 0-pointer if he withdraws?

Janko got Dologo and Monaco, very good, just hope that his shoulder will be ok and WTF will be done deal.
Berdych, don't mug this up by somehow losing to Gasquet!

Raonic would have to do some insane serveboting to beat Novak with his current form.

Almagro with 0-5 vs Tsonga and 0-12 vs Ferrer and it's played indoors... Nicolas.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:52 PM   #42
country flag The Prince

The Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond reputeThe Prince has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I've never seen anything like that ; I know the rule for grand slams but as for ATP tournaments, I search in the rulebook and find nothing, I've only seen the seed replaced by a lucky-loser.

Only thing I've found in the rulebook is that if 2 of the top-8 seeds withdraw before the start, they are allowed to re-make the draw (but I don't think they would : it was on TV)
See Barcelona this year.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 PM   #43
country flag The Prince

Okay, I was slightly wrong with what happens, but had the right idea.

So #9 -> #1
#17 -> #9
LL -> #17
Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #44
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxyzapenje View Post
LOL, is Fed now afraid of Simon? Screw that shit, go play like a man if you already entered the draw.
Will he get a 0-pointer if he withdraws?
of course he will get a zeropointer like every player who is in a mandatory tournament's draw and withdraws, he got one in Toronto as well.

It's not a problem for Fed : it will just give the YE number 1 officially to Djokovic several days in advance, but anyway it was certain that Djokovic would get it before the WTF.

As for being afraid of Simon or not, I don't know if Fed is, but I know I am, and I think that the Fedfans who are not afraid of Simon, especially in Fed's form, are just unrealistic about Simon's ability in that match-up : he returns Fed's serve greatly, loves whne Fed goes to the net to adjust him with passing-shots, it's a nightmare for any undeluded Fedfan.

Anyway, as far as Fed is concerned, he had already said a few days ago that he would decide if he goes to Paris after playing Basel, and it seemed that he had little chance to play anyway.

The priority for him is the WTF and Basel, Paris has never been a priority for him. And the YE number 1 was gone since Shanghai anyway.

Besides, I had said that he would not play Paris already months ago, considering the stupid new scheduling of the end of year, the only thing which surprises me is that he has not announced it before.

And he still has not announced it, but like many Fedfans, I hope he will. I prefer watching good tennis calmly in Bercy on wednesday and not be part of a Fed-Simon corrida.

But uxyzawhatever, don't make a confusion between what Fed thinks and what his fans think. Far before this draw, on Fed's forum, 3/4 of the people hoped he would not play Paris.

As for Fed himself, he said that it depended on his condition. I hope he wins Basel, is tired and withdraws.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #45
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Such a bad draw for Richie. Even final in Basel gives him little chance to overpass Tipsy. Must beat Roger, oh well.