The "missing Picks" Thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-28-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
country flag Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute
Default The "missing Picks" Thread

As we all know TT is just a game and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

BUT in fact TT is 2 GAMES IN ONE because there is one single draw but also one double draw.

Double draw can be very fun too with more strategy, discussion and interaction.

I enjoy playing double and I enjoy partnering different people to discover people.

BUT some people team up and sometimes are pushy when asking to team upp and then...

"Missing Picks" as soon as they are out of single draw

I was used to trust them and offer second chances.

But since back in the game I met people not sending, with no apologies, once then twice and then asking for partnering a third time.

I did some "Missing Picks" in the past sorry to players like Nadie, or rvugt when pissed off about loosing in single.

Then I realised there is no place to store "Mising Picks" stats and give the opportunity to "no sender" to explain why.

This thread is made in that spirit, to state who is reliable or not and help people (who want to play double draw seriously) in their partner choice.

I don't want to forbid any players to commit in double draw.

They will able to play but their partner could be awared if needed that their double run could be spoilt by a "Missing Picks".

Please buy Nadal some hair gel so that he can stop buttpicking to comb his hair.
Goat only matters to make cheese.
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #2

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "missing Picks" Thread

RULE :

You can be pissed off with a "Missing Picks" but wait a bit as there is maybe a good reason or apologies.
You can also send a PM to a "no-sender" before posting here.

Please this is not the right place for arguments or making a fuss, there are PM for that.

I will check draws before posting a no sender in the list.

With apologies or explanations I can also put someone out of the list.

Please buy Nadal some hair gel so that he can stop buttpicking to comb his hair.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:15 PM   #3

NO SENDER LIST

ZELI 15 : 07/02/2013 (QF Bergamo CH) then 14/02/2013 (QF Zagreb FUT)

Last edited by Crvena Zvezda : 03-28-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #4
country flag BrunoBeidacki

BrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing thread, nice to know who really commits itself to the game and who doesn't. I have a history of a few "missing picks" and that's because of serious problems only... but it's a good thread for those who do not have fixed partners to know who may be trouble when looking for a partner.

Tennis Tipping Results:
Win: BEIJING (Singles)
PARIS (Doubles w/AdeyC), 4 CHALLENGERS in Doubles
RUNNER-UP: ROLAND GARROS 2012 (Doubles w/AdeyC)
-
CLEZAR
JANOWICZ
BrunoBeidacki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
country flag Lazyking

Lazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond reputeLazyking has a reputation beyond repute

I've not sent picks about 5 times since I started since last July. I don't have some great excuse but it certainly not because I lose in Sngles cause I do that all the time lol. Last time I didn't send was for Rimnouski. I waited til morning and then had something real life to handle. The other times were when I was just starting out.

Thankfully, that's about as many times my partners have not sent.

BTW, Zeli15 didn't send for the SF in Pereira today.

Tennis Tipping Manager/Player.
Lazyking is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond repute

i dont understand this
Chilenaitor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
I've not sent picks about 5 times since I started since last July. I don't have some great excuse but it certainly not because I lose in Sngles cause I do that all the time lol. Last time I didn't send was for Rimnouski. I waited til morning and then had something real life to handle. The other times were when I was just starting out.

Thankfully, that's about as many times my partners have not sent.

BTW, Zeli15 didn't send for the SF in Pereira today.
WHen someone commit in TT single and don't send, it is probably his own buisiness.

When someone decide to team up and commit in double draw, there is a thing to understand :

The other part of the team is not a robot or a Mr Nobody but Another Human Being.

Computers in between the two players should not be a reason to forget about respect.

And this other Human Being should be respected in his choice, first of all he maybe have choosen to play double to have fun.

I prefer knowing the unrespectfull player and let them team up with people of their kind.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent idea for a thread. I suggested something similar a year or two ago, but was not in a position to do it myself and nobody else wanted to.

Perhaps you could make the master list the first post, and also ask the board to make the thread sticky so it doesn't disappear.

I honestly don't think a player being out of singles very often has an effect on sending picks for doubles. My first regular partner (whom I will not bother to name as he is still on MTF but no longer plays TT) was just as unreliable with his singles as he was with doubles.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

I partnered a lot of non-senders when I first started playing the game as a newcomer. In my own personal opinion it would have been great if there'd been a list like this about then.
Old 03-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
country flag traddles

traddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond reputetraddles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilenaitor View Post
i dont understand this
That's because you have such a great partner

Novak Djokovic *** Gael Monfils *** Kei Nishikori *** Andy Murray

TT: London - Special Olympic Games - Doubles Gold Medal (w/ justafanYYC)
traddles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #11

@Goldenoldie :I don't want to blame anybody TT is just a game and there things in life far more important.
I hope most of players can ave an unexpected meeting : a doll, friends, a trip... in real life and forget about the game.

If it happens with apologies it is ok.
If it affects their single game only, it is ok

If it affects their partner game repetedly or with no apologies, it is a lack of respect.
And in an online game wit more than one people involved, Respect is the key to stay a flock of Human Being and not just Wild Avatars.

I don't want this thread to be ruled by the Board for 2 reasons :

First I prefer they keep on ruling the game and if tey have extra time put more tricks in it toincreae interaction ad friendship between players.

Second, I am very afraid this thread ruling by the Board can become a Penalty thread and I don't want it as everybody ca play the Game the way he want it.... as far as the others can know it.

That i also why I don't investigate to track "non senders" and I wait for players to show me the cases and check.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #12
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvena Zvezda View Post

Second, I am very afraid this thread ruling by the Board can become a Penalty thread and I don't want it as everybody ca play the Game the way he want it.... as far as the others can know it.
The topic of penalties for not sending picks was one of the subjects that was raised and voted on in the last TT Changes thread and the vote was for no penalties.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:55 AM   #13
country flag Dexter

Dexter has a reputation beyond reputeDexter has a reputation beyond reputeDexter has a reputation beyond reputeDexter has a reputation beyond reputeDexter has a reputation beyond reputeDexter has a reputation beyond reputeDexter has a reputation beyond reputeDexter has a reputation beyond reputeDexter has a reputation beyond reputeDexter has a reputation beyond reputeDexter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
The topic of penalties for not sending picks was one of the subjects that was raised and voted on in the last TT Changes thread and the vote was for no penalties.
I thing it is correct, We can´t creaty a penalty for that.

The real punishment is the natural selection.

Nobody want to make a partnership with a member who always forgot to send picks.

TT RNK: 41 (Best 41) like ISTOMIN
CHAMPION OF CH Marbella (2012) ITF Brownsville (2013) CH Le Gosier (2013) Eastbourne (2014)

DOUBLES:
TT RNK: 03(Best 02) like Alexander Peya
CHAMPION OF ATP Umag 2010 (Elirj70) WIMBLEDON 2011 and 2014 (Elirj70) CH SZCZECIN 2011(coolfish1103) ATP Rotterdam 2013(Elirj70) MS1000 Monte Carlo 2013 (Elirj70) USOPEN 2013 (Elirj70)

Favorite Players: Wawrinka, Youzhny, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Gasquet and Tursunov
Dexter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
I thing it is correct, We can´t creaty a penalty for that.

The real punishment is the natural selection.

Nobody want to make a partnership with a member who always forgot to send picks.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:26 AM   #15
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like this would be more politically correct if it was a trusted partner list. As in, a list of people who always send their picks

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote