Best shots/points of 2012 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-10-2012, 01:35 AM   #46
country flag Certinfy

Certinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond reputeCertinfy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best shots/points of 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by feuselino View Post
Amazing defense as we expect from Nadal but on the other hand Berdych of course decides to come to the net with a lousy, relatively short and centered approach shot after crushing the ball extremely deep several times just before that...
Can you blame him? He literally hit over 5 shots which would have won him the point against any other player, was only a matter of time before he had no choice and had to make a move forward. The way I see it is the the longer rallies like that went on from the back of the court the worst Tomas would have felt the effect after losing them as Nadal would have no doubt been the favourite to win them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stebs View Post
It was one of the best matches of the year in terms of quality in my opinion. That was Berdych at pretty much his best, and he was very, very close to being 2-0 up. 3rd and 4th sets would be up there with the best sets I've ever seen Nadal play on hardcourts. He was being so aggressive on the return, dictating, plus still playing amazing defence when Berdych had the tempo. Tough defeat for Berdych, he played so well for so long, but Nadal is just incredible when he has his back against the wall.
Couldn't agree more, if anything I'm more proud of a fan that Berdych even took 7 games off Nadal and pushed him at times in those last 2 sets. Definitely the best 2 sets I've seen Nadal play on a hardcourt, or at the very least no doubt the best I've seen him hit his forehand on a hardcourt.

Would be quite interesting to see the pair of them playing like that on grass or a faster hardcourt though, I think that would be Berdych's best chance of ever beating Nadal again.
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
if he loses this I will support Murray
Certinfy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #47
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best shots/points of 2012

9:47

Matosevic, Dolgopolov, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Chiudinelli, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Garcia-Lopez, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote