Bernard Tomic at 20, slamless and title-less. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-24-2012, 02:29 PM   #61
country flag Ben D.

Ben D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond reputeBen D. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bernard Tomic at 20, slamless and title-less.

Like every youngsters, he just want to play big names on big stage and dont care about the rest. 80% of Tennis is about playing vs Berlocq in Acapulco.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

1 year, 7 weeks as Top 10 and counting
M T F
Mega-Tsonga-Fandom
don't like Tsonga? move along, it's propaganda here.

Ben D. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 02:58 PM   #62
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Agreed. A killer attitude is needed for the entire course of a tourney in order to win it. This is something that Tsonga has yet to develop consistently as well despite his great talent. Tsonga often inexplicably disappears after a previous round success. Strangely, Tomic reminds me of a burned out player from the outset of his career--a Benjamin Button of the tennis world. Second, the fact that he has not won squat yet is karma for his nouveau-rich-white-trash attitude of unwarranted superiority. I have a feeling that oldtimer Hewitt, who he snubbed as a hitting partner a few years back, has actually achieved better results than he has. Tomic would make a great case study at all tennis camps around the world. Nevertheless, he will play a key role as an ATP tour groupie and will live a privileged life for many years to come.
Tomic looks tired Mentally and physically and its bad, really really bad for a 20 yr old player in a Demanding sport like tennis.
he should take a few Lessons from Fed on how to love and be hungry for tennis.

i dont think that tomic is Talented enough to win a slam and even if he is, theres so many players on the tour who are so talented and birdy and Tsonga are Perfect examples.
to win a slam u need more then talent, u also need faith, , confidence, hard work and insane Hunger for tennis and at the moment tomic doesnt have any of it, he is not even close to know any of this.

i dont like him b/c he is lazy and looks like a Spoiled brat and i will not like him until he will show that he came to play & win and be the best he can be and not to spend some time on court and get Advertising contract from an Australian company who thinks he's the next thing
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"

Last edited by Punky : 10-24-2012 at 03:09 PM.
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #63
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I was talking about that he got to #27 in the world without making a final, not what's happening now.
Voltchkov was World No. 25 without his sole singles final (came the year after). Like Tomic, it came from a big slam run (SF at Wimbledon in 2000).

The Vladiator
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:19 AM   #64
country flag Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond reputeSay Hey Kid has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic's main problem is his lack of work ethic. His dad seems like a huge douchebag, but ever since he distanced himself from him to a degree, his results have gone downhill.

He has failed to make any reasonable progress for nearly 1 1/2 years now, which says ALOT considering his age. Lately, he has been regressing since the form that he showed at the beginning of the year.

The bottom line is Tomic's tennis is good enough right now to allow him to travel the world, make decent money, and he has no lacking of sexual opportunies with the ladies.

Tomic will win a title im sure. A grandslam? He will have to put in alot of work to achieve that. He seems more interested in what tennis has to offer than the tennis itself.
Say Hey Kid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #65
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Hey Kid View Post
Tomic's main problem is his lack of work ethic. His dad seems like a huge douchebag, but ever since he distanced himself from him to a degree, his results have gone downhill.

He has failed to make any reasonable progress for nearly 1 1/2 years now, which says ALOT considering his age. Lately, he has been regressing since the form that he showed at the beginning of the year.

The bottom line is Tomic's tennis is good enough right now to allow him to travel the world, make decent money, and he has no lacking of sexual opportunies with the ladies.

Tomic will win a title im sure. A grandslam? He will have to put in alot of work to achieve that. He seems more interested in what tennis has to offer than the tennis itself.
I would more say 1/2 a year as the first half of this year was decent. He played a lot better on clay than most expected and of course went well in Australia.
n8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:43 AM   #66
country flag Gris

Gris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond reputeGris has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously Tomic is overrated.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #67
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic does appear to have a strong tennis IQ, and he possesses excellent craft. The problem, as of right now, is that he lacks certain conventional traits necessary to make it to the top of the game. Those being outright weapons and/or superior movement/footwork.

To be honest, he'll probably never acquire the latter, but he can develop stronger weapons in his game. He already shows signs of it now, or at least he did last year, in the way that he could fire off a backhand or that ugly slapshot forehand now and again. With some serious work on his mechanics, along with mental and physical maturity, he can develop more standardized weaponry, which would make the rest of his game that much more threatening.

The problem right now is that the nature of his game requires great discipline. Instead, his head is in the sand right now.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 AM   #68
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

The people who are saying that Tomic is a really smart tennis player don't know that they are talking about, I'm kind of tired of hearing this cause it's just not true, he's one of the dumbest young players I have seen, Raonic and Nishikori are both smarter, I don't know what they are seeing when Tomic plays his matches, but I'm seeing a guy who doesn't know what he's doing out there, if however you mean that Tomic's natural instincts are good, then maybe that's true, but he doesn't know how to play a match from a tactics standpoint at all. Dimitrov is better right now than Tomic for sure, there is no doubt about this, anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about. Can't believe there are still people who think he will be a future great player as of right now, cause as of the moment he looks shit.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:44 AM   #69
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackhandDTL View Post
Tomic does appear to have a strong tennis IQ, and he possesses excellent craft. The problem, as of right now, is that he lacks certain conventional traits necessary to make it to the top of the game. Those being outright weapons and/or superior movement/footwork.

To be honest, he'll probably never acquire the latter, but he can develop stronger weapons in his game. He already shows signs of it now, or at least he did last year, in the way that he could fire off a backhand or that ugly slapshot forehand now and again. With some serious work on his mechanics, along with mental and physical maturity, he can develop more standardized weaponry, which would make the rest of his game that much more threatening.

The problem right now is that the nature of his game requires great discipline. Instead, his head is in the sand right now.
His main issue is his whole approach to the game.

I have a feeling he will always be a more defensive player and not really have any weapons and base his game around his slice BH.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Nishikori, Dimitrov, Kohlschreiber, Robredo, Benneteau, Simon, Janowicz, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters, but firstly just the game itself.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #70
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/ten...OgqV-c.twitter

Tennis ace Bernard Tomic is in strife with the law yet again after turning on police during an early morning brawl following a wild night of partying at Surfers Paradise.

Officers were called to the Moroccan Apartments on the glitter strip at 5.30am yesterday after a fight broke out in the spa between Tomic and a male friend. When police arrived they separated the two before Tomic turned on officers.

He reminded police of "who he was" and accused them of running a hate campaign against him after his Australia Day run-in this year.

Police sources said Tomic appeared to be agitated.
coluta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #71
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluta View Post

Tennis ace Bernard Tomic is in strife with the law yet again after turning on police during an early morning brawl following a wild night of partying at Surfers Paradise.

Officers were called to the Moroccan Apartments on the glitter strip at 5.30am yesterday after a fight broke out in the spa between Tomic and a male friend. When police arrived they separated the two before Tomic turned on officers.

He reminded police of "who he was" and accused them of running a hate campaign against him after his Australia Day run-in this year.

i just read it, was going to post it, you just did it first but to Tomic - really no words, he needs to have general like couch and start training whole offseason
romismak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #72
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Thugic is at it again.

Thugic's arrogance is astounding. Too bad Verdasco threw in his 150th choke against Thugic in the AO. That made his arrogance go through the roof
  • Nadull = only exists to undermine Greatness

Last edited by Slade : 10-29-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #73
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol, if he's that full of himself while barely top 50 and getting bagelled left and right, imagine if he wins a slam, sky is the limit
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #74
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This needs to be stickied for when Tomug fans ask why he's so hated. What a petulant brat.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #75
country flag Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond reputeCereal Killer has a reputation beyond repute

I think I will start supporting Tomic now. Simply, because you are all so mean to him.

He better repay me by winning something and soon!
Cereal Killer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote