LGBTQIAP MTF posters and straight allies unite! - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-27-2012, 03:46 PM   #91
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: LGBTQAP MTF posters and straight allies unite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
i disagree, australia is bogan central without morality. the video below demonstrates that, which was taken on a sydney train.

There are people like that out there everywhere, though.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2012, 08:28 PM   #92
country flag Sofonda Cox
Banned!

Sofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond reputeSofonda Cox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i disagree, australia is bogan central without morality. the video below demonstrates that, which was taken on a sydney train.

There are people like this in every city....but in Oz there is a higher percentage of them I really wanted someone to punch her teeth in
Sofonda Cox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #93
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Omg, this woman is so disgusting and crazy.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:45 AM   #94
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Latest Polls: On Gay Marriage Question, Wide Division in Maine, Maryland, Washington, Minnesota
http://www.policymic.com/articles/17...gton-minnesota

Maine, Maryland, Washington, and Minnesota voters will face a simple yes or no question on their ballots this November, the results of which may establish marriage equality (or, in the case of Minnesota, inequality) in each state.

In Maryland, where same-sex marriage is set to be legal on January 1, the ballot will ask voter approval. It will read in part:

Establishes that Maryland’s civil marriage laws allow gay and lesbian couples to obtain a civil marriage license, provided they are not otherwise prohibited from marrying; protects clergy from having to perform any particular marriage ceremony in violation of their religious beliefs.

A recent Washington Post poll shows support for this measure coming in a 52% compared to 43% for the opposition.

Washington’s question, to approve a bill passed by the legislature, reads:

This bill would allow same-sex couples to marry, preserve domestic partnerships only for seniors, and preserve the right of clergy or religious organizations to refuse to perform, recognize, or accommodate any marriage ceremony.

A Wednesday report showed support for this measure is under 50% but leads opposition 49%-45%. Earlier polling showed support at 54%.

In Maine, a citizen’s initiative — after an up-and-down multi-year struggle (is it legal? is it illegal?) — has gotten the following question on the ballot:

Do you want to allow the State of Maine to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples?

In May of 2009, then-Governor John Baldacci (D) signed into law a bill affirming marriage equality and protecting religious freedoms. Opponents launched a campaign which ultimately succeeded as a people’s veto, overturning the legislation in November of 2009. This time, supporters of marriage equality launched their own campaign, and as a citizen’s initiative were able to get this question on the ballot.

ThinkProgress reported a 57%-39% opposition in mid-October.

A vote of approval on these questions in these three states signifies the voter’s interest in promoting marriage equality in their state and joining Massachusetts, Connecticut, Vermont, Iowa, New Hampshire, and New York. In each case, it is clear that religious institutions and their clergy would not be bound to perform ceremonies with which they disagreed on a religious basis. The right of any two people to obtain a state-issued marriage license would be affirmed.

In Minnesota, though, voters are being asked to amend the state constitution to establish legal discrimination by defining marriage as exclusively between one man and one woman. Thirty other states have constitutionally banned non-heterosexual marriage. (My question: what about non-traditional gender identity?)

The amendment would read as follows: “Only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in Minnesota.” The ballot questions asks:

Shall the Minnesota Constitution be amended to provide that only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in Minnesota?

An early October poll shows 46% in favor of and 49% against the amendment. An earlier poll shows a 49%-47% split, but the differences in both sets of numbers are within the sampling error and indicate neck-and-neck competition: we’ll have to wait and see.

The question and rhetoric of marriage has so far proven divisive but as goes civil rights in this country, the side of equality ought, if not shall, triumph.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:02 AM   #95
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

0-32. That's the record that same-sex marriage has when it's been forced on ballot for straight people to decide whether or not gay/lesbian couples deserve the same rights they take for granted every day. Things are changing. Society has evolved to a certain extent. In roughly 9 days, we'll see just how much.

Personally, I think we'll win in Maine and Washington and lose in Maryland and Minnesota. Definitely Minnesota. And Minnesota's vote is similar to what North Carolina did earlier this year, which was create an amendment EXPLICITLY banning same-sex marriage. Even when it is not legal in the state to begin with. It's yet another attempt of social conservatives to bring their base to the polls and vote pro-Republican, and it's yet another attempt of social conservatives to stick it to gay community. Social conservatives are anti-freedom. They want everything and everyone to bend to their views. And we have to stand up against them.

We cannot lose in all four states. That would be a monumental setback socially and also harm us legislatively and in the courts. Even going 2-2 overall we have an argument that things are changing, and that now is the time to push forward and really keep the change coming. If we lose all four then I expect homophobia to increase dramatically in America. These results are, IMO, the 3rd most important thing to watch on November 6th behind the presidential election and senate races. You have a Southern/Mid-Atlantic state (Maryland), Midwest state (Minnesota), Northeast state (Maine) and West Coast state (Washington). This is basically going to be a litmus test to see how socially conservative the USA still is and how dominated by religion the populous is.

Make sure if you have friends in these states or live in these states, they vote FOR EQUALITY. Make sure of it! And remember, a NO vote is pro-equality in Minnesota, and a YES vote is pro-equality in Maine, Washington and Maryland!
Old 10-29-2012, 05:07 AM   #96
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

I'm really scared and nervous about the results. I'm pretty sure Obama will win reelection because his numbers add up. But do the marriage equality numbers add up? People lie to pollsters about their views because homophobia is rejected on the surface of society these days. Yet underneath the surface is tons of ignorance and hate. I really have no clue what will go down but I'll be pretty heartbroken if we go 1-3 or 0-4.

Not to mention the fact we have to fight and the fact there is a VOTE on our FUCKING RIGHTS is as disgusting and uncivilized as it gets.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #97
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Brad Pitt makes $100K contribution to HRC’s marriage efforts
http://www.lgbtqnation.com/2012/10/b...riage-efforts/

The Human Rights Campaign, the nation’s largest LGBT civil rights organization, on Wednesday announced a $100,000 gift from actor Brad Pitt to support the organization’s marriage efforts.

Pitt has agreed to match contributions from HRC members and supporters up to $100,000 in order to direct resources to the marriage campaigns entering their final week in Maine, Maryland, Minnesota and Washington State.

“Brad Pitt’s partnership with HRC in this closing week delivers vital resources into these campaigns and we’re proud to be working with him as we show that fundamental fairness will win at the ballot box,” said HRC President Chad Griffin.

“With his commitment, Brad joins HRC in a tremendous coalition of religious leaders, business leaders, labor groups, civil rights organizations and everyday, fair-minded Americans supporting marriage for gay and lesbian couples," added Griffin.

“It's unbelievable to me that people's lives and relationships are literally being voted on in a matter of days,” said Pitt in an email today to HRC members and supporters. “If you're like me, you don't want to have to ask yourself on the day after the election, what else could I have done?”

Supporters can heed Pitt’s call and contribute with him to HRC’s marriage work at: www.hrc.org/Brad.

HRC has invested $8 million in efforts to expand marriage equality over the past two years, including $5 million in the four ballot measure states this year.

HRC has staff on the ground in each of the campaigns and is currently engaged in the organization’s largest ever election year mobilization to put these campaigns – and other endorsed candidates – over the top.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #98
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #99
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

So beautiful. This song makes me cry.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #100
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

People need to listen to the lyrics of this song. This song is so deep and it's so real. The end of the song is what got to me when the two male actors grew up old together and were with one another, holding hands, with their marriage rings on their ring fingers, while one of them were on their death bed. Like, that was an all new thing that I haven't seen before and it really touched me. Like, it made everything so real.

Songs like this let me know things are getting better. Because this video would not have been created 3 years ago.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:17 AM   #101
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

This time tomorrow we will know whether or not marriage equality has been passed in Maryland and Maine or not, and if Minnesota has voted to ban marriage equality with an anti-gay amendment. Here are how the polls look:

Maine: Latest poll from the Portland Press Herald has us up 55-42 with 3% undecided:
http://www.pressherald.com/politics/...012-11-04.html

Public Policy Polling has it at 52%-45%

Q3 Question 1 would allow the State of Maine to
issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples.
If the election was today, would you vote yes or
no on question 1?
Yes............................................... ................... 52%
No .................................................. ................. 45%
Not sure .................................................. ........ 3%

These numbers are decent, but we can't assure a victory here. Because undecided voters tend to vote against equality, the real support number is somewhere in the 52-53 range. Which is a lead, but close.

Washington: KCTS TV out of Seattle has it 58-37, and with us having 52-53% support to 45-46% against once you factor in likely bias.

Public Policy Polling has it 52-42% with 6% undecided.

Q3 Referendum Measure No. 74 deals with
Senate Bill 6239, which would allow same-sex
couples to marry, preserve domestic
partnerships only for seniors, and preserve the
right of clergy or religious organizations to
refuse to perform, recognize, or accommodate
any marriage ceremony. Do you think this bill
should be approved or rejected?
Approved .................................................. ...... 52%
Rejected.......................................... ................ 42%
Undecided......................................... .............. 6%

Even if you say all six percent of the undecided go against us, we have the lead in Washington. Washington passed a civil unions law in 2009, so this state is definitely the one most have confidence in compared to the others. Unless something unforeseen happens, we should win Washington and at least win one of the four marriage ballots.

Maryland: Gonzales Research has us leading 51-43 with 8% undecided. Goucher College polling has it 55-39 in favor of equality, which I severely doubt. Baltimore Sun's numbers with majority minority polled in their poll have it roughly even, 46% for, 47% against marriage equality.

Maryland is going to be very close. It may, sadly, come down to how large the black vote is. I hate to say it but if the black vote is high then marriage equality very well could fail.

Montgomery County and Baltimore County need to come through in high numbers for Maryland to pass marriage equality.

Minnesota: The latest polling from Public Policy Polling has us winning 52-45% in Minnesota. 52% against the marriage ban and 45% for it, with 3% undecided.

Q2 Should the Minnesota Constitution be
amended to provide that only a union of one
man and one woman shall be valid or
recognized as a marriage in Minnesota?
Yes............................................... ................... 45%
No .................................................. ................. 52%
Not sure .................................................. ........ 3%
Won't vote on the amendment ........................ 0%

A SurveyUSA poll has the amendment losing 48-47.

Also on the ballot is a ballot measure about marriage. It asks: Shall the Minnesota Constitution be amended to provide that only a union of one man and one woman shall be valid or recognized as a marriage in Minnesota?"

47% Yes
48% No
5% Undecided

That's a big deal because the amendment has been leading in every SurveyUSA poll heading into this past weekend, but there has been movement. We're starting to see things look up in Minnesota. Minnesota I saw as a dead end for us but now we may have a chance. But it's going to be extremely close. Turnout means less in Minnesota than in other states because young voters aren't overwhelmingly pro-gay, and there aren't many minorities. It's a solidly Democratic state. It's just a toss-up. We'll see what happens.

Two main factors make the marriage ban less likely to pass in Minnesota. Those who abstain from voting on the marriage portion of the ballot automatically become a NO vote. That's votes in the bank for us. Secondly, the amendment needs 50+1 support. It has to be above 50%. So we have extra wiggle room in Minnesota where we could win based essentially on a technicality.
Old 11-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #102
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Remember, we need YES votes in Maine for ballot question #1 and Question 6 in Maryland, APPROVE in Washington for Referendum 74, and a NO vote on Minnesota Marriage Amendment.

People, this is huge. This is going to set precedent worldwide if we win in these states. Even winning two states sets precedent. This could be the start of the takeover and a legitimate social change or it could be the start of a very down time for the gay community. This is basically the litmus test of where society has progressed on this issue.

Not getting my hopes up. I still expect a 2-2 record. But I'd take that. Marriage equality is 0-32 when it has been put up for vote, which in itself is completely egregious. But we should break the losing streak later today.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:49 AM   #103
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Tuesday through Wednesday was a historic day for LGBTQ equality worldwide and our esteem in the world has done nothing but grow! First things first, on Tuesday afternoon, the Supreme Court of Spain reaffirmed marriage equality in the country on appeal. That means marriage equality is legal and should remain that way in the country of Spain!

GAY MARRIAGE IN SPAIN AFFIRMED BY TOP COURT
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...11-06-13-26-01

Spain's Constitutional Court upheld the legality of the country's gay marriage law on Tuesday, rejecting an appeal contending that marriage in the Spanish constitution means only the union of a man and woman.

The county's top court voted 8-3 to dismiss the appeal of the conservative Popular Party filed shortly after Spain became the world's third country to approve gay marriage.

Spain's Parliament passed the gay marriage law in 2005 when it was Socialist-controlled, with Popular Party deputies opposed. The Popular Party took power late last year after the Socialists were ousted over their handling of the economy.

The gay marriage law angered the predominant Roman Catholic Church but opinion surveys showed most Spaniards backed it. Belgium and the Netherlands approved gay marriage laws before Spain.

More than 22,000 gay marriages have taken place in Spain.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:57 AM   #104
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Secondly, France advanced a marriage equality bill pushed by the new French president, François Hollande, and legislators seek to implement the new law in 2013:

French Cabinet Advances Gay Marriage Bill Despite Conservatives’ Opposition
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/08/wo...in-france.html

The French cabinet approved a draft bill legalizing same-sex marriage on Wednesday after weeks of loud opposition, especially from religious figures and the political right.

During his successful campaign for president, François Hollande promised to legalize same-sex marriage. On Wednesday, he said the measure represented “progress for all of society.” Mr. Hollande and his Socialist Party have a majority in both houses of Parliament, and the bill is expected to pass sometime early next year.

The draft law redefines marriage to stipulate that it is “contracted between two persons of different sex or of the same sex,” and the words “father” and “mother” in existing legislation are replaced by “parents.” The bill would also allow married gay couples to adopt children.

Christiane Taubira, the justice minister, told the conservative newspaper La Croix that “marriage for all,” as the government calls it, was a response to “a demand for equality.”

But the move to legalize same-sex marriage has been controversial, and the bill was subject to delays in a country where only married couples can adopt. Opinion polls indicate that a majority of the French support gay marriage, but only half approve of allowing gays to adopt.

On Wednesday, Serge Dassault, an influential senator from the center-right Union for a Popular Movement, the party of former President Nicolas Sarkozy, said the bill represented “the end of the family, the end of children’s development, the end of education.” He called it “an enormous danger to the nation.”

Dominique Bertinotti, the minister of family affairs, rejected that criticism, saying, “On the contrary, it is a legal protection.”

The cabinet decision came a day after Maine and Maryland became the first American states to approve same-sex marriage in a popular vote. Also on Tuesday, Spain’s highest court upheld that country’s law allowing same-sex marriage seven years after it was passed and after more than 21,000 same-sex couples had married.

If the French bill passes, France will become the 12th country, including Britain, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Spain and Sweden, to make its marriage laws gender neutral. In Germany, registered same-sex couples have essentially the same legal rights as married heterosexual couples, but same-sex marriage is not legal.

Last month, several hundred people demonstrated against the bill in cities across France, including Bordeaux, Strasbourg and Lille, emphasizing their opposition to the adoption of children by gay men and lesbians.

The most virulent opposition has come from religious leaders, with Cardinal André Vingt-Trois, the Roman Catholic archbishop of Paris, calling the bill an act of “deception.” In a speech before 120 bishops in Lourdes on Saturday, the cardinal said the law would establish “the marriage of a few imposed on everyone.”

He continued, “When we defend the right of children to build their personality with reference to the man and the woman who gave them life, we are not defending a particular position.”

Gilles Bernheim, the chief rabbi of France, sent a 25-page report to the government, calling “marriage for all” a “slogan” rather than a societal project.

“There would not be courage and no glory in voting a law by using slogans more than arguments and by complying to the dominant political correctness,” Rabbi Bernheim wrote.

Muslim, Protestant and Orthodox Christian religious leaders have also opposed the bill.

Conservative and far-right politicians have called for street protests and asked the government to delay the bill. Marine Le Pen, who leads the far-right National Front, called for a referendum on the issue, and others said they wanted more debate. One Paris official, François Lebel, mayor of the Eighth Arrondissement, warned that if the government broke the taboo of gay marriage, it would lead to the breaking of other taboos, like incest or polygamy, a hot topic among conservatives worried about the spread of conservative Islam in France.

In a compromise, the bill does not include state aid for artificial insemination and other forms of assisted procreation for gay couples. Such aid is available for heterosexual married couples, and some Socialist deputies have vowed to amend the text of the bill or include such aid in a follow-up bill. Nicolas Gougain, a spokesman for Inter-LGBT, a major association defending gay rights in France, said, “It is progress, but also a problem” because adoption takes a long time and there are few babies available to adopt in France.

According to French associations of gay men and lesbians, more than 300,000 children have gay parents.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:13 AM   #105
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Obviously, everyone worldwide knows that the United States had it's presidential election on Tuesday night. President Obama won reelection and is the first ever presidential candidate to win in the United States with a pro-equality stance!

Barack Obama, First American President to support Marriage Equality, Re-Elected
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/socie...ity-re-elected

When President Barack Obama announced his support for marriage equality earlier this year, many pundits asked whether this would hurt his chances for re-election. The answer? Not at all.

We are now at a point in our country when support for marriage equality is not only not a liability, it might actually be a political advantage.

"Visibility and progress for LGBT people have grown under President Obama and now that momentum must continue," said GLAAD President Herndon Graddick. "LGBT people deserve full equality in every aspect of American life and President Obama, in his second term, should take every concrete step within their power to make it so."

A continued Obama presidency presumably means the administration will continue not to defend the so-called "Defense of Marriage Act" in courts of law. Presumably it will mean continued progress towards granting binational same-sex couples more protections against deportations. Progress will continue towards true equality for LGBT people. And President Obama's victory tonight signals to a nation of public figures that it's now truly politically "safe" to support LGBT Americans.