A serious discussion on the term MUG and the negativity that surronds MTF atm. :(. - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-22-2012, 08:00 AM   #61
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A serious discussion on the term MUG and the negativity that surronds MTF atm. :(

You know what I'm revisiting this old thread again and giving it a bump.

I have truly immersed myself in the MTF community for the past 80 something posts and you know what... this place is amazing. I now frequent this place once a day and have found some notable people, who are pretty damn cool. Also I realize that in a 90 something bunch of apples, there is at least 10 rotten ones, but even the rotten ones have a place on this forum.

If anyone reads this thread or my message, learn from me and realize to take what people say here with a grain a salt. Also that there are plenty of awesome, nice, funny, sexy personalities on this forum and THAT... is what makes this place so great

Respectfully yours,
Kowchi
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #62
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A serious discussion on the term MUG and the negativity that surronds MTF atm. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
You know what I'm revisiting this old thread again and giving it a bump.

I have truly immersed myself in the MTF community for the past 80 something posts and you know what... this place is amazing. I now frequent this place once a day and have found some notable people, who are pretty damn cool. Also I realize that in a 90 something bunch of apples, there is at least 10 rotten ones, but even the rotten ones have a place on this forum.

If anyone reads this thread or my message, learn from me and realize to take what people say here with a grain a salt. Also that there are plenty of awesome, nice, funny, sexy personalities on this forum and THAT... is what makes this place so great

Respectfully yours,
Kowchi
Yes.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:46 AM   #63
country flag Edda

Edda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond reputeEdda has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Calling any player at the top echelon of the game a "mug" is a grossly unfair representation. I dislike disparaging nicknames as well and detest when they call one player by another's name. (Eg. "Wayne Carlos Ferrero") I have had my own named rendered in a lot of unflattering ways, and don't like it done to anyone else. Even if I heartily dislike a player, I will use his or her real name.
Edda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote