Shanghai Final: Paes-Stepanke def Bhupathi-Bopanna 7-6,3-6,10-5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-14-2012, 07:58 AM   #1
country flag kaustav4

kaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shanghai Final: Paes-Stepanke def Bhupathi-Bopanna 7-6,3-6,10-5

Big win for Sexpaes duo as they close on the second spot to Mirnyi-Nestor..A very good tourney also Bhupathi-Bopanna they collectd some important points for masters final... At 3-3 second set the Indians lost the momentum and its shift towards sexpeas team... All the best for both the duo at Paris
kaustav4 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shanghai Final: Paes-Stepanke def Bhupathi-Bopanna 7-6,3-6,10-5

This was NID.
Better team won.
Stepanek was almost back to level he had in the beginning of the year, and obviously got a huge boost due to his singles success this week.
Paes wanted to get revenge, and got it.
13th masters(iirc) for Paes
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
country flag kaustav4

kaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond reputekaustav4 has a reputation beyond repute

Well deserved victory from Paes-Stepanek...Two big masters in their kitty now this year..Miami and Shanghai...I belive this team would finish strong in the year...Whats the chances of Bhupathi-Bipanna team to quakify for London? Who are the competitors and whats their team ranking now after this final ?
Old 10-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

simply too sexy
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:23 PM   #5
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Steps will reach a career high ranking of 6
Before this his highest rank was 8(for both Singles and Doubles).
If Paes/Steps do well at Paris and WTF and Mirnyi, Nestor do not, Steps could go to 4.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #6
country flag kaustav4

But Pratik what about Bhupathi-Bipanna chances of making to the WTF ? The collected 600 points here? And how good is their chances now? And who are the threats ?
Old 10-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #7
country flag Pratik

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaustav4 View Post
But Pratik what about Bhupathi-Bipanna chances of making to the WTF ? The collected 600 points here? And how good is their chances now? And who are the threats ?
Yes.

Well, the situation has not changed much. 2 of Qureshi/Rojer, Indians and Poles will make it.
If I have calculated correctly, Indians will be ahead of Qureshi/Rojer in next weeks rankings, but barely; with the Poles last. The three teams would be within 200 points of each other, so things could change at Paris. But, considering the terrible form the Poles have been in the past few months, I doubt that they will do too well.

Next week, Qureshi/Rojer should be able to gain a few points(Final/Win) in Stockholm considering the easy draw.

Surprisingly, none of the 3 teams are scheduled to play in either of 500's(Valencia/Basel) in the week following. I'm assuming one of the teams would try for a wildcard there. If so, it could make a difference.

That said, it seems extremely likely that Indians and Qureshi/Rojer will qualify.
Old 10-15-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
country flag Pratik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Yes.

Well, the situation has not changed much. 2 of Qureshi/Rojer, Indians and Poles will make it.
If I have calculated correctly, Indians will be ahead of Qureshi/Rojer in next weeks rankings, but barely; with the Poles last. The three teams would be within 200 points of each other, so things could change at Paris. But, considering the terrible form the Poles have been in the past few months, I doubt that they will do too well.

Next week, Qureshi/Rojer should be able to gain a few points(Final/Win) in Stockholm considering the easy draw.

Surprisingly, none of the 3 teams are scheduled to play in either of 500's(Valencia/Basel) in the week following. I'm assuming one of the teams would try for a wildcard there. If so, it could make a difference.

That said, it seems extremely likely that Indians and Qureshi/Rojer will qualify.
Yep.
Indians : 3455
Q/R : 3425
Poles: 3330
Old 10-30-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
country flag mreccentric

mreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond reputemreccentric has a reputation beyond repute

was watching the match, presentation cermony was cut. i want to see what hesh spoke about lea and what lea spoke about hesh. from what i understand from the vid, i think hesh was desperate to win the match, but some unforced errors made them lose the fight.
mreccentric is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote