I have decided to retire from MTF - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #46
country flag kinski76
Humor is reason gone mad

kinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond reputekinski76 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have decided to retire from MTF

Well, I don't know if you're trolling or serious. But in the potential case of the latter I'd say that if you want to keep your soul intact this isn't a place I'd recommend staying around for too long periods of time anyway (which is why I confine myself to voluntary lurkerdom rather than get mixed up with and corrupted by the antagonism and one-upmanship that characterizes this place much of the time).

But leaving the board permanently, and then composing a big statement about your grand exit, seems a tad excessive and (melo)dramatic to me. Log off, do something else for while, then come back with a refreshened outlook. Maybe a self-imposed hiatus/exile, rather than a clean break, is simply in place.

I deleted your avatar because it was extremely inappropriate and not appreciated.
Why did it take 300 years to give the giant tortoise a scientific name?

kinski76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #47
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
he can read it logged out
I was hoping to prompt the mods to decree that anyone starting a thread saying his goodbyes would immediately have his account closed and access to the site denied.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #48
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Its a bit dramatic to make such a thread you may change your mind when Rafas back and AO buzz begins in January.
MTF shouldnt be taken tooo seriously, its a bit of escapism from real life, not the other way round.

If this really is the last time we see you then you've been a great poster and wish you all the best.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #49
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

In a Finnish forum, we have the word martyr withdrawal for leaving a forum because that guy thinks the the forum doesn't deserve him to be there, e.g. other posters don't respect his/her opinions. And this is very much like the martyr withdrawals.

But quite often those martyr withdrawals end up with a martyr comeback, sometimes even within a week. So I wouldn't be surprised if Johnny Groove makes a martyr comeback.

Stan Wawrinka
2014 Australian Open Champion | 2014 Monte Carlo Masters Champion

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
2008 Paris Masters Champion | 2014 Toronto Masters Champion
August is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:20 PM   #50
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Yes, it is true. Yes, I am at peace with this decision, that has been coming for a while now. This will be my last post. I have been an active poster here on MTF for over 6 and a half years. I joined this place in March 2006 as a wide eyed 16 year old kid, and will retire as a grizzled 22 year old veteran who has been through so many tard wars on this site. 2006 Fed vs. Nadal clay season was probably the most intense, and Rome 06 was the pinnacle. I love this sport more than anything in this world, and I hope some of the new MTF posters search and read of the history of my and other posters’ threads from years past, and hopefully, my and their influence will continue into the future of MTF.

I have finished my GOAT list thread, and my various other threads like the Laws Thread, and countless NT sex/women threads speak for themselves. Mug of the Month I do hope somebody continues doing it, I know the mods can edit posts. I do hope that continues, as well as my Arse Clown Hall of Fame thread, with all the GOAT Arse Clowns of MTF history, not sure which sub-forum it is in. MTF has slowly been declining for years now, and many of the best posters have left. MTF may have a 2nd or 3rd or 4th peak in her future, but I will not be a part of it. I have gotten to know a good amount of good people, and the rest, well, one must love everybody, and agree to disagree. If you wish to nominate and place me in the ACC this year, I have no issue. Mr. MTF the same, but I doubt I will advance far in either.

MTF has grinded me down. I no longer have the passion or the willingness to put up with this place. To search MTF for decent tennis discussion, like an old man with a metal detector on a beach looking for gold, is too difficult. Also, life is calling me in other directions, and I did not want to just leave here without an Epilogue, without a closing. I love all posters, from all fanbases, regardless of gender, age, fandom, religion, or any other lame separating statistic. We are all humans on here, and if you take nothing else away from my 28,000+ posts, take this: “Love yourself, love your neighbor, love your fellow man. Go for your dreams, don’t let anyone get you down. Keep on fighting the good fight, and do what your soul tells you is the correct thing to do. Not war, not greed, not intolerance, not money, but love, love will save the world.”
I laughed at almost everything in here. Groove can even make "leaving" the forum dramatic in an idiotic and amusing way

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 18 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $33,359,256 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 481-151...
TITLES: 31 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #51
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

He'll be back. They're always back.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #52
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Besides, he wants that big run in ACC.
Old 10-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #53
country flag leng jai

leng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond reputeleng jai has a reputation beyond repute

Guess that means we'll see JG playing at the next AO.

TOMMY HASS
0 slams () and 0 finals
0 consecutive weeks at world no. 1
0 consecutive Laureus World Sports Awards
0 times qualified for YEC
3-13 H2H against Rogi Featherer
0-5 H2H against Rafito Nadal
Career low ranking: 1,241 (26.06.1995)
0 fake mullets flaunted in Roland Garros finals.
1 first name in common with Tommy Robredo
leng jai is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #54
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

This is the saddest moment of my MTF life after seeing leng jai banned for such a long period .

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On winning DC and its overall importance in the discussion for all-time greats
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbis View Post
Davis Cup should never have really mattered in the GOAT discussion anyway since it's a team event. If you're talking about the GOAT singles player then you should mainly look at individual results.
If some unknown talent came out of some random tiny country (no chance to win DC) and won 20 slams, no one would give a single shit if that player didn't have DC. The fact is, success in DC is largely determined by what country you come from or play for in the first place, which most players haven't had any control over.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #55
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Also, life is calling me in other directions

Good to see Johnny Groove finally deciding to apply his talents in real life rather than on MTF. He was always an enigma, really. A handsome, young billionaire, talented tennis player, amazing writer of science fiction who was really wasting away here. If I were in his shoes, I would also quit MTF to contemplate my next novel and spend quality time with prostitutes in my private castle
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #56
country flag savesthedizzle
#freeviktor

savesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond reputesavesthedizzle has a reputation beyond repute

If you're really leaving, then you won't read this, so any heartfelt sentiments are pointless

But best of luck to you if you really make it out of here. I haven't been able to yet, even though I have slowly scaled back my involvement, there's still something that pulls me back here even if it's not chat threads like the good ol' days.

savesthedizzle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:42 AM   #57
country flag Chirag
Federer fan forever

Chirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond reputeChirag has a reputation beyond repute

enjoy the post MTF life
Chirag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #58
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Tear jerking stuff.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:08 AM   #59
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Wow... what a self important diva.
haha BigJohn is right. you're a good poster on this site, but no reason to act like your absence to the forum will be its death, should we send you flowers too while we're at it :0

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:10 AM   #60
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
Tough times for Rafatards... They lost so many big names this year: permabans, university photoshop embarassment and now self exile...
startdagame was a one man Nadaltard force

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote