I have decided to retire from MTF - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-13-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default I have decided to retire from MTF

Yes, it is true. Yes, I am at peace with this decision, that has been coming for a while now. This will be my last post. I have been an active poster here on MTF for over 6 and a half years. I joined this place in March 2006 as a wide eyed 16 year old kid, and will retire as a grizzled 22 year old veteran who has been through so many tard wars on this site. 2006 Fed vs. Nadal clay season was probably the most intense, and Rome 06 was the pinnacle. I love this sport more than anything in this world, and I hope some of the new MTF posters search and read of the history of my and other posters’ threads from years past, and hopefully, my and their influence will continue into the future of MTF.

I have finished my GOAT list thread, and my various other threads like the Laws Thread, and countless NT sex/women threads speak for themselves. Mug of the Month I do hope somebody continues doing it, I know the mods can edit posts. I do hope that continues, as well as my Arse Clown Hall of Fame thread, with all the GOAT Arse Clowns of MTF history, not sure which sub-forum it is in. MTF has slowly been declining for years now, and many of the best posters have left. MTF may have a 2nd or 3rd or 4th peak in her future, but I will not be a part of it. I have gotten to know a good amount of good people, and the rest, well, one must love everybody, and agree to disagree. If you wish to nominate and place me in the ACC this year, I have no issue. Mr. MTF the same, but I doubt I will advance far in either.

MTF has grinded me down. I no longer have the passion or the willingness to put up with this place. To search MTF for decent tennis discussion, like an old man with a metal detector on a beach looking for gold, is too difficult. Also, life is calling me in other directions, and I did not want to just leave here without an Epilogue, without a closing. I love all posters, from all fanbases, regardless of gender, age, fandom, religion, or any other lame separating statistic. We are all humans on here, and if you take nothing else away from my 28,000+ posts, take this: “Love yourself, love your neighbor, love your fellow man. Go for your dreams, don’t let anyone get you down. Keep on fighting the good fight, and do what your soul tells you is the correct thing to do. Not war, not greed, not intolerance, not money, but love, love will save the world.”
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Watch you come back tomorrow

This is a trolling attempt to help you win ACC, I know it!

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I have decided to retire from MTF

You will be back by the time AO starts Have a good break.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:00 PM   #4
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

i dont know u at all but i hope u reconsider ur decision b/c i think this place is losing a lot of good ppl by the minute..
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #5
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Yes, it is true. Yes, I am at peace with this decision, that has been coming for a while now. This will be my last post. I have been an active poster here on MTF for over 6 and a half years. I joined this place in March 2006 as a wide eyed 16 year old kid, and will retire as a grizzled 22 year old veteran who has been through so many tard wars on this site. 2006 Fed vs. Nadal clay season was probably the most intense, and Rome 06 was the pinnacle. I love this sport more than anything in this world, and I hope some of the new MTF posters search and read of the history of my and other posters’ threads from years past, and hopefully, my and their influence will continue into the future of MTF.

I have finished my GOAT list thread, and my various other threads like the Laws Thread, and countless NT sex/women threads speak for themselves. Mug of the Month I do hope somebody continues doing it, I know the mods can edit posts. I do hope that continues, as well as my Arse Clown Hall of Fame thread, with all the GOAT Arse Clowns of MTF history, not sure which sub-forum it is in. MTF has slowly been declining for years now, and many of the best posters have left. MTF may have a 2nd or 3rd or 4th peak in her future, but I will not be a part of it. I have gotten to know a good amount of good people, and the rest, well, one must love everybody, and agree to disagree. If you wish to nominate and place me in the ACC this year, I have no issue. Mr. MTF the same, but I doubt I will advance far in either.

MTF has grinded me down. I no longer have the passion or the willingness to put up with this place. To search MTF for decent tennis discussion, like an old man with a metal detector on a beach looking for gold, is too difficult. Also, life is calling me in other directions, and I did not want to just leave here without an Epilogue, without a closing. I love all posters, from all fanbases, regardless of gender, age, fandom, religion, or any other lame separating statistic. We are all humans on here, and if you take nothing else away from my 28,000+ posts, take this: “Love yourself, love your neighbor, love your fellow man. Go for your dreams, don’t let anyone get you down. Keep on fighting the good fight, and do what your soul tells you is the correct thing to do. Not war, not greed, not intolerance, not money, but love, love will save the world.”
Wow... what a self important diva.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

A desperate attempt at making a good run in the ACC?

If not the board loses one of its few non-insane Nadal fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
country flag scarecrows
Ace Loveforty

scarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond reputescarecrows has a reputation beyond repute

when Groove started posting here he was one of the most avid Rafatards, he was a sort of adee-gee-lite. Then he started being more reasonable and lately he seemed more a Federer fan

hopefully you stand up by your decision, this place truly sucks nowadays

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
That will be the last victory of Rafa for quite some time.. With his joke mentality and pathetic game, I hope the disgusting player loses every single match next season. He's disgraceful. He should just retire. He's a joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_mac View Post
(10) Corey Feldman vs. (12) scarecrows
scarecrows is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm going to take this at face value, and if you ever decide to come back you'll anyway get a welcome from me.

Thanks for the entertainment! Good luck with the rest of your life.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #9
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

lol, screw Hian this is the real shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #10
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrows View Post
when Groove started posting here he was one of the most avid Rafatards, he was a sort of adee-gee-lite. Then he started being more reasonable and lately he seemed more a Federer fan

hopefully you stand up by your decision, this place truly sucks nowadays
Tough times for Rafatards... They lost so many big names this year: permabans, university photoshop embarassment and now self exile...
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #11
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww come on Johnny we can't lose such a talented writer! Beside I have always heard the people that make the big deal about leaving are the ones that comes back. The ones that leave for good just stop posting and are never heard from again

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:27 PM   #12
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Groove, just want to wish you the very best. Whether you get to fulfil your sporting dream or not, I hope life holds great things for you. Bonne chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1yer View Post
Olympics SIngles GOLD is the most important criteria for this.
If one doesnt have it - He aint elite - pure and simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
So, Miloslav Mecir and Marc Rosset are elite, John McEnroe and Ival Lendl are not. Got you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
So Massu > Djokovic, Federer, Lendl, McEnroe, and Sampras
barbadosan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:32 PM   #13
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, see you next week Johnny. Your thread about your baby was more legit than this

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #14
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

This is something else from the real Johnny!

Didn't you know that the witches who brew this forum's cauldron cursed it in its birth, 'one who will join MTF shall never leave MTF. His spirit will either lurk facelessly in its vicinity; return for an exclusive post once in a blue moon in a new crowd that doesn't recognise the old hero; why, even the poster might grow old and weary of its acerbic humour, but like a good old patron to a pub, he will return and fill his mugs!'
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #15
country flag Orange Wombat
Banned!

Orange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond reputeOrange Wombat has a reputation beyond repute

Are MTF members going on strike or what?
Orange Wombat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote