|||| Dudi Sela :: }} - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-07-2009, 10:56 AM   #286
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: |||| Dudi Sela :: }}

I give credit to the Swedish team for giving it their all Just incredible to think that they were both coming back from injury and had not played in ages.
It is a shame really that they did not have fans in the stadium. I am glad that Dudi won but man on paper who should have won easily
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 04:08 PM   #287
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Dudi Sela of Israel returns to Sweden's Thomas Johansson in their singles 1st round
Davis Cup tennis match in the Baltic Arena in Malmo, Sweden, Sunday 08 March 2009.
The third and last day of competition in the Davis Cup first round match started off
calmly after large anti-Israeli protests outside the tennis venue on Saturday.
The match was played without paying spectators due to security issues. © AP Photo
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:34 PM   #288
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Old 03-08-2009, 09:24 PM   #289
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

http://www.sport5.co.il/HTML/article...411.55359.html
Old 03-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #290
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Well, you didn't help me much understand some of what I "read".

BTW, I didn't know you speak Hebrew. Wow.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #291
country flag Getta

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

Israel beats Sweden 3-2 in Davis Cup

Mar 8, 2009 21:30 | Updated Mar 8, 2009 23:24

Israel advanced to the Davis Cup quarterfinals for the first time since 1987 after rallying to beat seven-time champion Sweden 3-2 Sunday in a close series overshadowed by political protests.

Harel Levy beat Andreas Vinciguerra 6-4, 4-6, 6-4, 3-6, 8-6 to decide the World Group first-round series in a near-empty arena.

Dudi Sela had leveled the series earlier Sunday by wearing out Thomas Johansson 3-6, 6-1, 4-6, 6-4, 6-2.

Vinciguerra saved two match points but botched a forehand to lose his serve and the final set. The jubilant Israeli team ran out on the court and hoisted Levy in the air.

In the previous match, Sela got so upset when he lost the third set he cracked his racket against the indoor carpet. The burst of anger appeared to have energized the Israeli, who broke Johansson's serve in the first game of the fourth.

Meanwhile, Johansson, playing his second match since October following heel surgery, was showing signs of fatigue. He struggled with unforced errors and lost the set when his backhand return went wide.

"I knew I had to play long points and keep him on the court as long as possible. I think it paid off," Sela said.

Johansson admitted he lost steam in the fourth set.

"When your body stops there is not much you can do," the 2002 Australian Open champion said. "It's just agony to stay out there. You know that if he doesn't break his leg there is no chance."

Johansson could not longer put up a fight in the final set, allowing Sela to break his serve twice and go 4-0 up to the delight of a small group of Israeli special guests.

Sela lost four match points before the Swede botched a return to give Israel the victory.

With the score tied at 1-1 after two marathon singles on Friday, Simon Aspelin and Robert Lindstedt put Sweden ahead in the doubles Saturday by defeating Andy Ram and Amir Hadad in four sets.

In the opening singles, Johansson beat Levy in five sets before Sela leveled the series with a five-set victory over Vinciguerra.

Only about 300 special invitees were allowed to watch the match because city officials said they couldn't guarantee security at the venue. Critics, including the Israeli team, said Malmo was caving in to threats of violence from anti-Israel groups.

On Saturday, scores of rock-throwing protesters bent on stopping the match clashed with police in an attempt to storm the arena. Police apprehended nearly 100 people and arrested 10 of them on preliminary charges of rioting and assault. No injuries were reported.

Two officers pulled their weapons but no shots were fired in the melee, Malmo police said.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:48 PM   #292
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Well, you didn't help me much understand some of what I "read".

BTW, I didn't know you speak Hebrew. Wow.
I don't Hubby is fluent but does not know any of the slang so to speak and both boys can read it pretty well. Not good conversationalists at all. I on the other hand suck at all languages other than the one that comes naturally- no aptitude for languages here.

Thanks for the article.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #293
country flag iSzavay.

iSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond reputeiSzavay. has a reputation beyond repute

Israel versus Sweden Davis Cup Collection:

I can resize
Old 03-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #294
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

^^ Thanks a lot!
Old 03-20-2009, 08:53 PM   #295
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

FYI- Dudi was playing at the Sunrise Challenger but had to retire in the second round with a leg injury. Hope it was just a precaution.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 PM   #296
country flag Getta

Hope it's nothing serious!

Not exactly related to Dudi, but definitely an interesting angle on the problem...
Today's article in The Jerusalem Post:
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satelli...cle%2FShowFull

"... Instead of cursing the dark, light a candle... "
Old 03-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #297
country flag Getta

Dudi is back playing the qualies in Miami.

SELA, Dudi vs DOMIJAN, Alexander
MAHUT, Nicolas vs DANCEVIC, Frank
Old 03-23-2009, 10:33 PM   #298
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

And he won 6-2 7-5
Old 03-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #299
country flag ronim1

ronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond reputeronim1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
And he won 6-2 7-5
I hope he will improve.
2011 Winner: Monte Carlo;Barcelone Open
2010 Winner: Doha;RU:Malaysian Open
2009 Winner: Dubai;RU:Legg Mason Tennis Classic
2008:Winner : Estoril,Barcelona,Portschach,Hertogenbosch,Stuttga rt
RU: Rome-Internazionali BNL D'Italia;Bronze:OG Beijing
ronim1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #300
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Except that he lost 2-6 4-6 or something like that. But Dancevic is a good player when he is on so no shame in this loss. I don't know what the stats were however