|||| Dudi Sela :: }} - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #136
country flag Tommy fan

Tommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: |||| Dudi Sela :: }}

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
How exactly does the Israeli Committee work? Why would they not choose him given his ranking?
They're crap. According to them Dudi should have been atleast no.50 to go there, and even though we don't have much athlits or tennis players (Exept Andyoni) they don't care and not willing to let him go there.
The ITF even contacted with the Israeli president (Shimon Peres) and yet..

Nalbandian ~Gasquet ~ Sela ~ Wawrinka
Safin!!
Tommy fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #137
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy fan View Post
They're crap. According to them Dudi should have been atleast no.50 to go there, and even though we don't have much athlits or tennis players (Exept Andyoni) they don't care and not willing to let him go there.
The ITF even contacted with the Israeli president (Shimon Peres) and yet..
That's shooting themselves in the foot He is the number 1 player for Israel; is in the top 100 which is an elite group of men and even the ITF wanted him to go. Could there also be a money issue of sorts? I remember when Noam was ranting about tennis in Israel he had nothing nice to say about the tennis powers that be there.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #138
country flag Tommy fan

Tommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond reputeTommy fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
That's shooting themselves in the foot He is the number 1 player for Israel; is in the top 100 which is an elite group of men and even the ITF wanted him to go. Could there also be a money issue of sorts? I remember when Noam was ranting about tennis in Israel he had nothing nice to say about the tennis powers that be there.
Oh they have the money to send him if they want to, but they don't, they don't really care about the sports, just a bunch of stupid business men who want more money for themselves
They are stupid and this desicion is so styypid... Massu won it when he was #70! I'm not saying Dudi will win, I don't think he would get far, but he deserve to be there, to be given a chance!He gave a lot from himself for the israeli tennis and we didn't have an ATP player (singles) over 20 years in the olympics

Safin!!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #139
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Well maybe something good will come of it; maybe Andyoni will win a medal
Massu was ranked higher I believe; I think he had the #12 seed at the time for the tournie.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:19 AM   #140
country flag Tommy fan

They better
And I actually hope Massu was something like #70 since Dudi said that when he was asked about that situation...

Btw, he'l play in the 1st round of indianopolis against Blake

Safin!!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #141
country flag Tommy fan

Dudi lost to Blake 7:6 6:2.
I guess he can be "happy" about the 1st set's result, agaist Blake in USA is very tough, but loss is a loss, and this time his ranking will be down badly, he has many pints to defend now...

Safin!!
Old 07-18-2008, 05:48 AM   #142
country flag physics

physics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond repute

I Saw him play in New City, NY In kennedy fundning invitational last week. It's not an official event as you know. He lost in the final and took home $20,000.
physics is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #143
country flag Tommy fan

Can you tell us some info please? Was he playing good?

Safin!!
Old 07-19-2008, 11:42 PM   #144
country flag physics

physics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond reputephysics has a reputation beyond repute

He beat Kevin Kim In straight sets the first match. Then he beat Paul Goldstein 6-0 6-1. Then He lost in the final 2-6 4-6 to Somdev Devvarman despite leading 4-1 in the second set. I thought he looked pretty good overall, you can check my video of him on youtube "Dudi Sela 2008 New York"
Old 07-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #145
country flag Tommy fan

Wow thanks!
Good to hear he played well, that's good or him.
I've never heard about this Devverman guy, I he's a great college player right?

Safin!!
Old 07-20-2008, 03:15 PM   #146
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

Devverman just graduated. There is a thread on GM about him. He won the college NCAA championships 2 years in a row. Good player.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #147
country flag physics

Yeah Devvarman just turned professional. I think he could be ranked between 200-100 pretty soon.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:37 PM   #148
country flag Tommy fan

So good to hear it wasn't such a bad loss.. Thanks

Safin!!
Old 07-29-2008, 07:16 PM   #149
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute

I just saw this & thought it was cute, sorry if it's been posted before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dudi.jpg (144.8 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by Snoo Foo : 07-29-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #150
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Dudi won Vancouver challenger by defeating Kevin Kim 6-3 6-0 in the final.
As Nathii said on her site it seems that Dudi found the shape he was looking for so much.

By the way, Nathii's site on challenger events is highly recommended.
Getta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote